IIT JEE 2018: Eligibility Criteria Relaxed
The anticipation of IIT JEE 2018 aspirants is finally laid to rest.
IIT Kanpur, on Monday 30/10/17, released the eligibility criteria for candidates who can sit the exam.
In a welcome move, additional number of candidates who qualify the Mains will now be eligible to sit the IIT JEE 2018 Advanced examination. A total number of 2,24,000 candidates (across all categories) will be eligible to appear the IIT JEE 2018 Advanced.
The candidates will be shortlisted as per the quota allotted to various categories as follows:
Additionally, 5% Horizontal Reservation available for PwD Candidates.
The other criteria that the IIT JEE 2018 Advanced aspirants will need to meet with are:
- The candidate must have qualified the IIT JEE Mains Examination
- The candidate’s date of birth should not be earlier than 1st October 1993. However, candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and PwD can enjoy a five-year relaxation for the same.
- The number of attempts of the candidate giving the examination should not exceed 2 times in consecutive years.
- A candidate should have appeared the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2017 or 2018. Additionally, if the results of Class XII 2016 examinations are declared after June 2016, such candidates will also be permitted to take the IIT JEE 2018, provided they meet all the other eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must not have been previously admitted in any IIT, irrespective of whether he/she discontinued program
- The candidate whose admission after joining any IIT was previously canceled, will not be eligible to appear the IIT JEE 2018 examinations.
For further details on the same, check the official announcements at www.jeeadv.ac.in
And for more on IIT JEE Admit card click here!