JEE Advanced 2018 will be held on 20 May, 2018, announced the IITs recently.
JEE Advanced is the gateway to the premier institutes of technology – the IITs – and is attempted by almost 2 lakh candidates every year, of which around 10,000 are selected. This year, JEE Advanced 2018 will see some more IITs open their doors for admission. Hence, the number will probably rise slightly.
Unlike previous years, this year the Union Ministry of Human Resources declared that Class 12 marks will not determine the rankings in JEE to secure admission in UG engineering courses and will only be considered a crucial parameter for determining the eligibility criteria for the exam. Putting an end to the speculation over JEE 2018 exam date and major changes, IIT Kanpur has announced the examination will be held on May 20, 2018.
In the Joint Admission Board (JAB) held at IIT Madras, it is being decided that the cut-off for the aggregate marks in Class 12 for SC and ST candidates will be reduced from 70 per cent to 65 per cent. This year’s JEE (Advanced) has opened opportunities for candidates from foreign countries who can get admission in various IITs after qualifying the exam. From 2017, as many as 20,000 more candidates will be eligible to write the JEE (Advanced) after clearing JEE Main thus taking the total number of such candidates to 2.2 lakh.
In a late evening meeting, it was also decided that various interactive features would be developed to make the process of registration, fee payment, result announcement, choice filling etc. ‘less strenuous and hassle free’, the faculty shared. Features like short video tutorial and SMS services will be used extensively to help the candidates.
The exam being held on May 20, 2018 will be conducted by the seven zonal coordinating IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). The performance of a candidate in this exam will decide his or her eligibility for admission to the bachelors, integrated masters and dual degree programmes in all the IITs.
Following are some important points to be taken care of, if you are going to appear in one of the most prestigious entrance exams-
- The exam will have two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of three hours duration each, both being compulsory. Only those candidates who clear JEE Main 2018 will be allowed to appear for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2018. They should have been born on or after October 1, 1992. Five years relaxation will be given to SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) for a maximum of two times in consecutive years. Candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled are not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2018. Any candidate who has been admitted in an IIT is ineligible for the exam.
Online registration begins on April 28, 2018, and closes on May 2, 2018.
The procedure for registration is as follows-
Step 1: Enter basic data after login, including the choice of the language of question paper and choice of cities
Step 2: Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents.
Step 3: Pay registration fee which is not refundable or transferable.
Candidates will be required to submit the following documents–
- Class 10 certificate with date of birth or birth certificate.
- Class 12 (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this exam in 2017 or whose result will be declared after June 2018).
- If the name is not same as in the Class 10 certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name.
- Separate documents if you are in any of the reserved category as mentioned in the JEE Advanced brochure.
Aspiring to crack JEE Advanced 2018? Head over here to find out all you need to know about this exam! Also, keep following us for tips and tricks for JEE preparation!
All you need to do is your best and you will be where you are meant to be.
All the best, folks 🙂