IIT Madras Internship 2018
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) is one of the most reputed institutes for technological education and research in India. IIT Madras offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research programs in more than 16 disciplines. IIT Madras has invited applications from the eligible candidates for the IIT Madras Internship 2018. The duration of the IIT Madras Internship 2018 is two months and the selected candidates are eligible for a stipend.
On this page, we’re bringing you all the updated information about the IIT Madras Internship 2018 including the eligibility criteria, how to apply, the documents required, and much more.
So read on!
About the IIT Madras Internship 2018
The IIT Madras Internship 2018 of two months with stipend is designed to create awareness and interest in the field of high-quality academic research among the young Engineering, Management, Sciences, and Humanities students. The IIT Madras Internship 2018 is a goal-oriented summer mini-project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
IIT Madras Internship 2018 – Eligibility Criteria
Given below are the eligibility criteria for the IIT Madras Internship 2018:
- The candidates pursuing their Third Year of B.E. / B. Tech. / B.Sc. (Engg.) / Integrated M.E. / M. Tech. program, First Year of ME / M. Tech. / M.Sc. / M.A, MBA with an outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in the university examinations are encouraged to apply for the IIT Madras Internship 2018.
- The candidates should highlight their academic performance and achievements such as the papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad, and any other awards/distinctions obtained.
- The IIT students are not eligible to apply.
Duration of the IIT Madras Internship 2018
The duration of the IIT Madras Internship 2018 is two months. The program is scheduled to commence from 16th May 2018 to 15th July 2018. The schedule may be made flexible to suit the student’s convenience.
The Stipend for the IIT Madras Internship 2018
A stipend of Rs. 6000/- per month will be given to the students as the stipend for a maximum period of 2 months.
IIT Madras Internship 2018 – The Participating Departments
Given below are the discipline-wise participating departments for the IIT Maras Internship 2018.
The Engineering Departments
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
The Science Departments
The Humanities & Social Sciences Departments
- Humanities & Social Sciences]
The Management Studies Departments
- Management Studies
How to apply for the IIT Madras Internship 2018?
Now, let’s understand the application procedure for the IIT Madras Internship 2018. Firstly, note that the application process opens on 14th January 2018 and ends on 28th February 2018. The application portal will close at 5 pm on 28th February 2018.
Given below are the steps to complete the IIT Madras Internship 2018 procedure.
Steps in the IIT Madras Internship 2018 Application Procedure
- Create a login Id: Firstly, you need to create a login id on the official website of the IIT Madras Internship 2018. Choose the option “Create new account” in the user login menu. Enter a login name of your choice and a valid email address. You will receive an email from “[email protected]” for verification. The verification mail may take some time to reach your inbox. Please check your junk mail folder, in case you don’t get the mail.
- Validate your account: Once you receive the verification email, click on the link provided in the mail to activate your account and to login to set your password. In future, use this password along with the login name chosen by you to login to the site.
- Upload Files: Now, you can log in to the site and follow the links in the numbered navigation menu on the left to fill the forms and upload the required files.
- Create a Basic Profile: The ‘edit basic profile’ menu contains two sub-menus (Basic/ Personal).
- Fill your Academic Details: The ‘Edit Academic Details’ menu contains 4 sub-menus (Program type/HSC/UG/PG).
- Provide Other Exam Details: You can add Other Examination (like GATE/GRE etc.) by clicking on the ‘other exam details’ tab.
- Submit Application: Click on the ‘Submit Application’ tab, in this menu select the department in which you want to apply. In each department three choices will be listed, you can select your preference through this option. Electrical, Humanities and Management Department only need Project Proposal based on your Area of interest. Providing these details will help the faculty to select you.
List of Documents to be uploaded
Given below is a list of the documents to be uploaded for the IIT Madras Internship 2018 application.
- It is mandatory for everyone to upload the Bonafide Certificate.
- The UG Regular Students can upload (1 to 4/5/6th– semester mark sheet)
- UG Lateral Entry Students can upload ( 3 to 4/5/6th– semester mark sheet)
- PG Students can upload (UG Consolidate/UG individual 8 sem. /PG 1/2 Semester mark sheet).
- SC/ST/OBC students should upload the Category Certificate.
For your benefit, we’re providing the templates of the Bonafide Certificates.
- The template of the UG/DD Students Bonafide Certificate.
- The template of the PG Students Bonafide Certificate.
Important Points about the IIT Madras Internship 2018 Application Process
- The IIT Madras Internship 2018 application process will be conducted only in the online mode.
- The candidates have to create a login id first, for which they would need a valid email id.
- After creating the login id, the candidates can complete their application process.
- The candidates are not required to send a physical printout of the application.
- The candidates should generate a pdf file and keep it for their reference.
- Please ensure that all the relevant data and enclosures are uploaded on the website. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The site allows only one application per user.
- For any clarifications, the candidates may register a complaint through the online portal.
- You can change your password or request to reset the password on the portal. In case of difficulties, you may contact [email protected] for any support regarding the website.
IIT Madras Internship 2018- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To further clarify your doubts you can refer to some of the FAQs pertaining to the IIT Madras Internship 2018.
Q1: have applied for Summer Internship 2018 but unfortunately, I forgot my username & password. What Should I do?
Answer: You can click on the “Request new password” link and give your user or e-mail id, the portal will send the activation link to your registered e-mail id. You can use that link to reset your password.
Q2: How can we reduce the size of the image to 1MB (or 1024 KB)?
Answer: Using the Windows Microsoft Picture Manager software you can reduce the size of the image to less than 1 MB. Follow the following steps:
Step 1– Open the image with Microsoft Picture Manager
Step 2 – Click on the ‘edit’ tab
Step 3– On the right-hand side, you can see document/web format. You can select the Document format for a reasonable size reduction.
Q3: How would I come to know if my application has been submitted or not? Will I receive any acknowledgment?
Answer: If you have completed the step up to “Submit Application”, then the application number will be generated and your data will be visible to the department. The department will initiate the scrutiny based on your uploads (especially bonafide). You don’t have to create a PDF application as it will be created by the System Administrator by the end of the day Please note you will not get any acknowledgment other than the Application Number.
Toppr wishes you all the best!