JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form Released!
Immediately after the declaration of JEE Main 2018 Results, the JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form was made available for all eligible candidates from April 28 (10 AM) to May 2, 2018 (5 PM). Registrations with late fee will be open untill May 3 and May 4, 2017. The JEE Advanced 2017 application form will be released only in the online mode. You can find the form on the official website of JEE Advanced.
Only those candidates whose scores are equal or above the JEE Main Cutoff marks specified for JEE Advanced, can fill the JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form. Also, they must satisfy the specified eligibility criteria before registration. Unregistered candidates will not be allowed to participate in the admission process through JEE Advanced 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility:
The candidates should satisfy at least one of the following two criteria for admission to IITs:
- Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PwD candidates should be at least 65%.
- Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination
Criteria 1. Performance in JEE Main 2018
Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2018.
Criteria 2. Age limit for attempting JEE Advanced 2018
Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1992. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1987.
Criteria 3. Number of attempts.
A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years. This means you are eligible only if this attempt is either a first or second attempt.
Criteria 4. Class XII examination (appearance)
A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2017 or 2018. However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination results for the academic year 2017-18 were declared after June 2018 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
Criteria 5. Earlier admissions
You are not eligible if
- You obtained admission in an IIT before
- Accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre
- Your admission was cancelled.
JEE Advanced 2018 Important Dates
|JEE Main 2018 (Offline Exam)||8th April 2018|
|Jee Main 2018 Result Declaration||30th April 2018|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form Availablle||1st week of May 2018|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Registration close||1st week of May, 2018|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts from||2nd week of May, 2018|
|JEE Advanced (Paper-1 and Paper-2)||20th May, 2018 (9 – 12 PM & 2 – 5 PM)|
|Online display of ORS and scanned responses||31st May to 3rd June 2018|
|Display of Answer Keys||4th June, 2018|
|Collecting candidate’s feedback on answer keys||4th – 6th June, 2018|
|Result Declared on||11th June, 2018|
|Date for the online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||11th – 12th June, 2018|
|Exam date for Architecture Aptitude Test||14th June, 2018|
|AAT Result Announcement Date||18th June, 2018|
|Seat Allotment Starts from||19th June to 18th July, 2018|
How to Fill the JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form
As already discussed, the JEE Advanced 2018 application form will be available online from 1st week of May 2018. To be registered for the admission procedure, all of the candidates will have to successfully fill and submit the JEE Advanced 2018 application form. The steps involved in the application process of JEE Advanced 2018 are given below in detail.
Step 1: JEE Advanced 2018 Registration
- The candidates can register themselves through the online portal of JEE Advanced. The official website for registration is here.
- The applicants will have to log in using their JEE Main Roll Number, Password along with the security pin.
- After login, applicants will have to submit their basic data, which includes their choice of the language of question paper (English or Hindi), examination cities and more.
- The applicants will also have an option of registering their mobile number other than the one provided in JEE Main 2018. The result of JEE Main 2018 will be sent to one of these two registered numbers.
- A new password for JEE Advanced 2018 has to be created. This password has to be kept safely as it will be required for all the related operations.
- JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form cannot be withdrawn after the completion of registration. The registration fee cannot be refunded or transferred.
- Registration of JEE Advanced 2018 will be cancelled in case it is found that the candidate does not meet the specified eligibility criteria.
JEE Advanced Password Guidelines
- Candidates have to choose a password, which has to be 8 to 13 characters long.
- The password has to be a combination of one upper case alphabet, one lower case alphabet, one numeric value and one special character like [email protected]#$%^&*-.
Know how to reset your password in case you forget:
Applicants can use the security question and its answer chosen during filling JEE Advanced 2018 registration form.
The verification code sent via text message to registered mobile number of candidate
A reset link sent via Email to the registered Email address of candidate
Filling the Online JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form
- The candidates will be redirected to a page comprising of their personal and academic details (from the application of JEE Main 2018) after the password is created during registration.
- They need to enter their number of attempts of the examination.
- Applicants are required to mention JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Cities (three from the exam centre list). The chosen centres must fall in the same IIT zone.
- The language of question paper (Hindi or English) has to be selected by the applicants, along with mentioning whether the candidate falls in the DS category or not.
- Those requiring a scribe should mention it.
Note: Any request for change of centre/language of question paper will not be entertained by the IIT.
Step 2: Uploading Scanned Certificates
In the next step, the candidates will have to upload scanned copies of all requisite documents. The list of documents that has to be uploaded during online registration is mentioned below-
Size of Documents to be Uploaded
- Size of Photograph must be between 4KB to 10KB
- Size of Signature must be greater than 1KB and less than 30KB
- The certificate image must be greater than 100KB and less than 300KB
Documents to be uploaded by all candidates:
- A colour photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centred in the frame covering 70-80% of the photograph not taken earlier than six months. The photograph should be such that it allows clear identification of the applicant.
- Birth certificate OR Class X certificate (if the date of birth is mentioned on it)
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared in 2018)
- Scanned copy of full signature of candidate
- Scanned copy of left-hand thumb impression
- Gazette notification showing the change of name in case the name is not same as in class X certificate
Candidates looking for admission under the OBC-NCL category
OBC-NCL certificate (form EC2) issued on or after June 1, 2018 and compliant with the latest guidelines of the Government of India
Candidates looking for admission under the SC/ST category
Caste (for SC) or tribe (for ST) certificate (form EC1)
Candidates looking for admission under the PwD category
Disability certificate (form EC3) issued by a district medical board / competent authority. A dyslexic candidate is required to submit form EC6 in place of form EC3.
Candidates requiring services of a scribe
- Request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal IIT (form EC5)
- PwD certificate (form EC3) OR certificate for dyslexic candidate (form EC6) issued by the competent authority
Candidates looking for admission under the DS category
Certificate (form EC4) issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India
Candidates whose class XII examination board is outside India OR not listed in section10- examinations considered as equivalent to class XII
A certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination qualified by the applicants is equivalent to the class XII exam
Step 3: Payment of Registration Fees
IIT Madras, the organising institute of JEE Advanced 2018, has announced the registration fees for the candidates belonging to different categories. The registration fees given below do not include processing fees, service charges and any other bank charges.
JEE Advanced Application/Registration Fee 2018 for Exam Centres in India
|1||Female candidates||Rs. 1,300+GST|
|2||SC, ST, PwD candidates||Rs. 1,300+GST|
|3||All other categories||Rs. 2,600+GST|
All category candidates have to pay the late fee of Rs. 500 (along with the prescribed application fee) if they submit their application form after the last date.
JEE Advanced Application/Registration Fee 2018 for Exam Centres outside India (SAARC countries)
|All candidates||USD 160+GST|
Applicants from SAARC countries have to pay a late fee of USD 80 (along with the prescribed application fee) if they submit their application form after the last date.
JEE Advanced Application/Registration Fee 2018 for Exam Centres outside India (Non-SAARC countries)
|All candidates||USD 300+GST|
Applicants from Non-SAARC countries have to pay the late fee of USD 80 (along with the prescribed application fee) if they submit their application form after the last date.
JEE Advanced 2018 Payment Modes
Candidates can pay JEE Advanced 2018 application form fees via any of the following three modes-
Payment by SBI Debit Card/Internet Banking
The system will automatically redirect to State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page after the candidate clicks on “Pay Registration Fee” button. Applicants can select Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking as per their convenience. They will be able to print the “Registration Form” with Unique Registration Number after paying the fee successfully.
Payment by Cash using SBI Branch Option
The system will automatically redirect to the State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page after the candidate clicks on “Pay Registration Fee” button. He/she has to select “SBI Branch” for making payment via cash. A challan will be generated, the print-out of which has to be taken and carry it to the SBI branch for making cash payment. After paying the fees, the applicant has to visit the visit this web page again and download the “Registration Form” with Unique Registration Number.
Payment for Dubai Exam Centre
Candidates willing to select Dubai as the exam city have to pay the registration fee of as per the fee mentioned above in the table via International Debit/Credit Card issued by foreign banks and issued outside India. It should be noted that payment in USD is not permitted via Debit/Credit Cards issued in India. After successful payment, applicants can print the “Registration Form” with Unique Registration Number.
Candidates must preserve the registration details page till the JEE Advanced 2018 admissions are completed. Only those, who complete their registration and application formalities with the fee payment, can download their hall ticket.
Admit Card of JEE Advanced 2018 will be available for downloading from May 5 (10 AM) to May 21 (9 AM). IIT Madras will conduct the national level engineering entrance exam on May 21 from 9 AM to 12 noon (paper1) and 2 PM to 5 PM (paper 2).
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Centres
The centres are usually some selected zone-wise centres where the examination is scheduled to be conducted (which is in India and in Dubai, United Arab Emirates). Following is a list of the chosen seven zones:
- Bombay Zone IIT
- Delhi Zone IIT
- IIT at Guwahati Zone
- IIT at Kanpur Zone
- Kharagpur Zone IIT
- Madras Zone IIT
- IIT of Roorkee Zone
JEE Advanced 2018 Participating Institutes
Below is the list of institutions accepting JEE advance 2018 score for admissions:
- Indian Institute of Technology Varanasi (Banaras Hindu University)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
- Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati
- Indian Institute of Technology Chhattisgarh
- Indian Institute of Technology Goa
- Indian Institute of Technology Jammu
- Indian Institute of Technology Karnataka
- Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad
Other Institutes Accepting JEE Advance Scores – 2018
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
We hope that all the information given on this page about JEE Advanced will help you immensely. Stay tuned to Toppr for more news and updates on JEE Advanced 2018.