JEE Advanced Application Form 2018
The gateway to the most prestigious and premier educational institutes of our country is through the JEE Advanced examination. Here is a collated guide giving all the necessary details for you to embark on your journey towards achieving your dreams and scaling new heights. The JEE Advanced registration has begun from today i.e. 02nd May 2018 from 10:00 a.m on the official website. In this article, find information on how to fill the JEE Advanced application form 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Important Dates
|Sr. No.||Description||Date and Time|
|1||Registration for JEE (Advanced) 2018||02nd May to 07th May 2018|
|2||Last date for Fee Payment for registered candidate||08th May 2018|
|3||JEE Advanced Admit card available for downloading||14th May to 20th May 2018|
|4||JEE (Advanced) 2018
Paper – 1
Paper – 2
|20th May 2018
Paper I: 09:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m
Paper II: 02:00 p.m – 05:00 p.m
|5||Online display of ORS and scanned responses||22nd May to 25th May 2018|
|6||Online display of answer keys||29th May 2018|
|7||Feedback and comments on answer keys from the candidates||29th May to 30th May 2018|
|8||Declaration of JEE (Advanced) result||10th June 2018|
|9||Online registration for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||10th June to 11th June 2018|
|10||Architecture Aptitude Test||14th June 2018|
|11||Declaration of AAT result||18th June 2018|
|12||Seat Allotment||19th June to 15th July 2018|
Filling the JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form:
Registration can be done only through the online portal for JEE (Advanced) 2018. Online registration portal www.jeeadv.ac.in
Step 1: After login, provide the basic data including
- Choice of the language of the question paper (English/Hindi)
- The choices of the cities for the examination
- Additional mobile phone number
Step 2: Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents
Step 3: Pay the registration fee
JEE Advanced Application Form Fee:
Examination centres in India
Female candidates: INR 1300 + GST
SC, ST, PwD candidates: INR 1300 + GST
All other candidates: INR 2600 + GST
Examination centres outside India
All Candidates: USD 160 + GST (SAARC Countries)
All Candidates: USD 300 + GST (Non-SAARC Countries)
Late Fee: USD 80
Required Certificates for Filling the JEE Advanced Application Form:
- Class X certificate if the date of birth is mentioned in it OR birth certificate.
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2017 or whose result was declared after June 2018).
- If the name is not same as in the Class X certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name.
- If applicable, OBC-NCL / Caste/ Tribe/ Physical disability certificate.
Class XII requirements:
The candidates should satisfy at least one of the following two criteria for admission to IITs:
- Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PwD candidates should be at least 65%.
- Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Criteria 1. Performance in JEE Main 2018
Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2018.
Criteria 2. Age limit for attempting JEE Advanced 2018
Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1992. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1987.
Criteria 3. The number of attempts.
A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years. This means you are eligible only if this attempt is either a first or second attempt.
Criteria 4. Class XII examination (appearance)
A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2017 or 2018. However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination results for the academic year 2017-18 were declared after June 2018 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
Criteria 5. Earlier admissions
You are not eligible if
- You obtained admission in an IIT before
- Accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre
- Your admission was cancelled.
The JEE Advanced examination is a two-paper offline (pen-and-paper) examination conducted to enable eligible candidates to obtain admission at the following educational institutes:
- Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai, Bhilai
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar, Bhubaneswar
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad
- Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad, Dharwad
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology Goa, Goa
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Indore
- Indian Institute of Technology Jammu, Jammu
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, Jodhpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, Mandi
- Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, Palakkad
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati, Tirupati
JEE Advanced is touted to be one of the toughest entrance exams in the country. For tips, tricks and strategies on cracking the exam, keep following us.