It is absolutely necessary to give mock tests before JEE preparation as you will be prepared for question structures and patterns.
IIT Kanpur has released the JEE Advanced 2018 mock test 4, 5 and 6 on February 27, 2018. The third mock test of JEE Advanced 2018 was released on February 1. The second mock test of JEE Advanced 2018 was released on January 30. Earlier, JEE Advanced 2018 Mock Test 1 was released on December 19. The exam conducting IIT had also released Help Videos for JEE Advanced 2018 Mock Test in English and Hindi. Candidates can go through these videos and learn how to take the online test/mock test. Check the links below. The mock test 1, 2 and 3 of JEE Advanced 2018 will allow all aspirants to familiarise themselves with the CBT format of JEE Advanced which has been announced for the first time in 2018. The mock test will aid the candidates to know the kind of questions that will be asked and other details useful for the actual exam. Candidates can practice the JEE Advanced mock test 2018 and devise a strategy for the main exam day.
JEE Main is the first step to qualify for JEE Advanced 2018, A candidates whose rank should fall in top 2,24,000 be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. IIT Kanpur is conducting authority for JEE Advanced who previously declared that from 2018 it will be conducted in purely computer-based exam mode. The exam consists of two papers i.e. Paper I & Paper II. Both the exams are compulsory to attempt to qualify JEE Advanced 2018.
Steps to take the JEE Advanced Mock Test 2018
- Candidates will have to follow the steps that are given below as they take the mock test of JEE Advanced 2018.
- Click on the link that will take you to the mock test page.
- Click on ‘Sign In’
- After clicking on the sign in page, candidates will be directed to the instructions page. Here they will have the option to select the language that is either English or Hindi and then click on the “next” button.
- Once the candidates have gone through the general instructions, at the bottom of the page they will have to again select their default language either from English or Hindi.
- Candidates will have to check the box which states that they accept all the instructions that are given and then they will have to click on “I am ready to begin”
The general information related to the section from which the questions for JEE Advanced mock test 2018 will appear on the screen.
General Instructions For JEE Advanced 2018 Mock Test
- Candidates will have to answer the questions in 3 hours
- The clock showcasing the timer on the right-hand corner will show how much time is remaining to complete the exam
- Once the requisite time for the completion of the mock test of JEE Advanced 2018 is over, the exam will come to an end on its own. Candidates will not be required to end or submit the exam
- “Marked for review” will indicate that the candidates can go back to the questions and review them
- If an answer is “marked for review” at the time of the real exam, then the answer will be considered as final.
JEE Advanced Mock Test 2018 – Navigating through Sections & Questions
- Candidates will be able to answer the questions by following the steps that are mentioned below:
- Click on the question number on the palette at the right of the screen.
- Candidates will be directed to the selected question directly.
- Candidates must remember that by merely using this option will not save the answer to the current question.
- After selecting the correct answer, candidates will have to click on “ save and next” button and then move forward to answer the next question
- If the candidate wishes to review the answer or come to the question, then they will have to click on “Mark for Review & Next.”
Steps to answer the questions in Mock Test for JEE Advanced 2018
- Candidates can answer the questions that are given in the mock test for JEE Advanced 2018 by following the steps that are given below:
- Candidates will have to select the option button from the answers that are provided
- To change the answer, candidates can select another option
- To save the answer, candidates will have to click on “ save and next”
- Candidate can click on “ clear response” option if they wish to deselect an answer
- Candidate can click on “Mark for Review & Next” if they want to come back and change the answer later on
Navigation through Various Sections of JEE Advanced Mock Test 2018
- The bar on the top of the mock test of JEE Advanced 2018 indicates the sections from where the questions are being asked.
- Candidates will get to see the questions merely by clicking on the section such as Physics, Chemistry or maths.
- The section which the candidate is seeing will remain highlighted
- Candidates will be able to navigate between the sections by answering the questions and saving them before they move ahead to answer the next question.
- Candidates can check the status of the questions by moving the cursor on the particular section
- Candidates can easily navigate among the sections and questions.
Profile of the Candidate
- At any point of the entrance exam of JEE Advanced, candidates will be able to check their profile which will indicate their name, roll number, and the language of the question paper.
Advantages of JEE Advanced 2018 Mock Test
Taking the for JEE Advanced mock test 2018 will help the candidates to manage their time
Candidates will get an idea about the exam pattern of JEE Advanced 2018
Candidates will also get to know the topics which carry more weightage from each subject
Practicing the JEE Advanced mock test 2018 will help the candidates to know about the type of questions which will be asked.
Also check out our article on Last Month Preparations Before JEE Advanced here.