About JEE Main 2017:
JEE is regarded as one of the most challenging engineering admission tests not only in India but internationally. Currently, JEE is conducted by CBSE Board in 2 stages viz. JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. Candidates can get admissions in Under Graduate engineering/architecture courses in NITs, IIITs and other institutions through JEE Main examination, whereas IITs provide admissions to eligible candidates through JEE Advanced examination. The qualified candidates of JEE Main will be eligible to take up JEE Advanced examination.
JEE Main 2017 Application Form:
The JEE Main 2017 application form has been released. In this article, find out the details about JEE Main 2017 Application Form – how to fill it, eligibility criteria for the same, and some important points regarding the exam. Read on!
Candidates must fulfill certain criteria before filling the JEE Main 2017 application form. They are listed below:
- The candidates must have been born on after 1st October 1992 for General Candidates (for reserved categories it is 1st October 1987).
- The candidates should have qualified higher secondary examination or equivalent either in 2015 or 2016 (appearing candidates can also apply).
- The candidates must have minimum 5 subjects in higher secondary standard.
- The interested candidate can take up JEE Main examination only for 3 attempts.
- The diploma holder (3 years) can also apply for JEE Main 2017.
- Candidates who have appeared in the class 12th or its equivalent exam in year 2014, didn’t pass, but cleared the exam in 2015 are not permitted to apply.
JEE Main 2017 Important Dates:
|JEE Main 2017 Official notice||November 2016|
|JEE Main 2017 application form available||1st December 2016|
|Last date to submit online application||2nd January 2017|
|Last date to pay application fee through debit/credit card||3rd January 2017|
|Last date to pay of application fee through e-challan||January 2017|
|Admit Card availability||March 2017|
|JEE Main offline Examination||2nd April 2017|
|JEE Main online Examination (Computer Based)||8th and 9th April 2017|
|Answer key availability||April 2017|
|Challenge against answer key will be accepted||April 2017|
|Result declaration||27th April 2017|
|Counselling||First of week of July 2017|
Availability of JEE Main 2017 Application Form:
The JEE Main 2017 application form is now available on the official JEE Main website. Candidates are expected to fill all the required information in correct formats.
Before filling the application, candidates are suggested to get the JEE Main Information Bulletin 2017 from the official site of the board and read carefully, which will be available after release of official notice for JEE Main 2017.
Candidates should fill only one application form as more than one application form will lead to rejection. There is no need to send the printed application form to the CBSE Board.
Filling the JEE Main 2017 Application Form:
Applicants will have to fill the application form online. There is no need to submit any documents to the authorities. Candidates can check the concise steps to fill the application form below.
Registration: Candidates have to register first by giving details of their Name, Email, Mobile etc. They must also choose the username and password for their log in ID which must be kept safe for the entire duration of the JEE Main 2017 process till the admission is completed.
Filling in the JEE Main 2017 Application Form: After logging in, candidates must enter their Board Examination Details, JEE Main 2017 Examination Details, personal details, academic qualifications contact details, guardian details,
- Candidates appearing in improvement examination in 2017 must select the year of appearing as 2017 while candidates who have passed class XII in 2015 and have appeared for improvement in five subjects in 2016 must select the year in which their performance is better.
- Candidates who are appearing for their class XII exams in 2017 need not enter their roll no. They will be required to enter the details while downloading their admit card.
- They must also choose the exam centres as per their preference from the given list. It must be noted that the list of exam centres is dependent on the mode of exam chosen – CBT or Pen & Paper.
Candidates are also required to upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impressions as per the below given specifications
|Details||File Format||File Size||Dimensions|
|Photograph with name and date printed below||JPEG format||4 KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||1 KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Thumb Impression (Left hand)|
Note: Candidates who do not have left hand thumb can take and upload their right thumb impression while candidates who do not have both the thumbs can upload the impression of any finger
Fee Payment: Fees can be paid online through Credit or Debit Card plus service charges or Offline through by depositing fee in cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank through e-challan generated during the online filling of application form.
JEE Main 2017 Confirmation Page: After the submission of the JEE Main 2017 application form, a confirmation page will be generated with the details of the candidates as in the application form. This page has to be kept safe by all applicants. They need not send this confirmation page to the JEE Main 2017 authorities.
JEE Main 2017 Application Fee:
Candidates are required to fill the JEE Main Application Form 2017 only through online process. However, application fee can be paid either through online or offline mode. The application fee payment can be made through two modes online mode (debit/credit card) or offline mode (e-challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank).
The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|Appearing||General/OBC (Male)||SC/ST/PWD/All Females||General/OBC||SC/ST/PWD/Females|
|For Examination Centers Opted in India|
|Paper I or Paper II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & Paper II
|For Examination Centers Opted in Foreign countries|
|Paper I or Paper II
|Paper I & Paper II
Correction in Application Form:
Candidates will get a chance to made correction in the application form. The correction period will be announced for one week in the second half of January, 2017 tentatively.
- Any further corrections in application form after closing the correction period will not be entertained.
- Only selected and permitted entries may be modified.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern:
This examination will be conducted for two papers. Candidates, who want to take admission in B.Tech./B.E., must apply for paper 1 and the candidates, who want to take admission in B.Arch/B.Planning, must apply for paper 2. Candidate can apply for both papers. General guidelines for are given below:
- Language Option: Hindi, English
- Duration: 3 hours. (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response or multi-responses.
Paper 1- Questions and marks details
Marking: 4 marks per correct answer, -1 per incorrect answer.
Mode: It will be conducted in both online & offline mode.
Paper 2- Questions and Marks details
Mode: It will be conducted in offline mode only.
Syllabus for JEE Main 2017:
Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus of JEE Main 2017, before starting their preparations in earnest. This will help them prepare better, by minimizing the amount of time wasted in chasing up out-of-syllabus topics. Candidates can find the JEE Main 2017 syllabus here.
Top colleges participating in JEE Main 2017:
As mentioned already, JEE Main is gateway to several of the top technical institutes in the country. The NITs and some Centrally Funded Technical Institutes will be conducting their counselling procedures on the basis of JEE Main scores. To name a few, NIT Trichy, NIT Surathkal, NIT Warangal, IISc Bangalore are some of the top colleges offering admission through JEE Main.
JEE Main 2017 cutoffs:
Every year, the CBSE declares a cutoff score. This is the score above which a candidate will be eligible to appear for the corresponding year’s JEE Advanced. Although the cutoffs depend on a variety of factors, generally one can assume them to lie in the bracket of 105-115 marks for General Category Candidates, 70-75 for OBC candidates, 45-50 for SC candidates and 40-45 for ST candidates.
JEE Main 2016 Cut-off:
JEE Main 2016 top colleges Cut-offs:
|S.NO.||Institute Name||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|4||Malaviya NIT, Jaipur||162||5081|
|10||Motilal Nehru NIT, Allahabad||1105||8072|
|11||Maulana Azad NIT, Bhopal||1152||8839|
|12||Faculty of Engg, Haridwar||1170||36709|
|13||IIIT D&M, TN||1542||17503|
Important Changes in JEE Main 2017:
- There will be no weightage for higher secondary marks in calculating the ranks in JEE Main examination.
- For the applicants to qualify for admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs & such other CFTIs whose admission are based on JEE ranks, they must have scored minimum 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in higher secondary standard or be in the top 20 percentile in higher secondary exam.
- The application process for JEE Main will involve complete verification by Aadhar cards.
- Besides these, the states of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE Main system.
Given the stiff level of competition in JEE Main, it is imperative to craft the perfect preparation strategy, as well as exam paper strategy. For tips and tricks regarding JEE Main 2017, as well as keeping up with the current updates about the exam, keep following us here.