JEE Main 2018 Application Form:
The JEE Main 2018 application notification is expected to be out during the last week of November 2017. The JEE Main application forms is released on 01st December 2017. In this article, find out the details about JEE Main 2018 Application Form – how to fill it, eligibility criteria for the same, and some important points regarding the exam. Read on!
Candidates must fulfil certain criteria before filling the JEE Main 2018 application form. They are listed below:
- The candidates must have been born on after 1st October 1993 for General Candidates (for reserved categories it is 1st October 1988).
- The candidates should have qualified higher secondary examination or equivalent either in 2016 or 2017 (appearing candidates can also apply).
- The candidates must have minimum 5 subjects in higher secondary standard.
- The interested candidate can take up JEE Main examination only for 3 attempts.
- The diploma holder (3 years) can also apply for JEE Main 2018.
- Candidates who have appeared in the class 12th or its equivalent exam in year 2014, didn’t pass, but cleared the exam in 2015 are not permitted to apply.
JEE Main 2018 Important Dates:
|JEE Main 2018 Official notice||November 2017|
|JEE Main 2018 application form available||01stDecember 2017|
|Last date to submit online application||01st January 2018|
|Last date to pay application fee through debit/credit card||First week of January 2018|
|Last date to pay of application fee through e-challan||Between First week & Second week of January 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Admit Card availability||02nd March 2018|
|JEE Main offline Examination||08th April 2018|
|JEE Main online Examination (Computer Based)||15th and 16th April 2018|
|Answer key availability||April 2018|
|Challenge against answer key will be accepted||April 2018|
|Result declaration for Paper 1||30th April 2018|
|Result declaration of Paper 2||31st May 2018|
|Counselling||Mid June – Mid July 2018|
Availability of JEE Main 2018 Application Form:
The JEE Main 2018 application form will be available on the official JEE Main website. Candidates should fill all the required information in correct formats.
Before filling the application, candidates are suggested to download the JEE Main Information Bulletin 2018 from the official site and read it carefully. It will be available after the release of official notice for JEE Main 2018.
Candidates should fill only one application form as more than one application form will lead to rejection. There is no need to send the printed application form to the CBSE Board.
Filling the JEE Main 2018 Application Form:
Applicants will have to fill the application form online. There is no need to submit any documents to the authorities. Candidates can check the concise steps to fill the application form below.
Registration: Candidates have to register first by giving details of their Name, Email, Mobile etc. They must also choose the username and password for their login ID which must be kept safe for the entire duration of the JEE Main 2018 process till the admission is completed.
Filling in the JEE Main 2018 Application Form: After logging in, candidates must enter their Board Examination Details, JEE Main 2018 Examination Details, personal details, academic qualifications contact details, guardian details,
- Candidates appearing in improvement examination in 2017 must select the year of appearing as 2017 while candidates who have passed class XII in 2015 and have appeared for improvement in five subjects in 2016 must select the year in which their performance is better.
- Candidates who are appearing for their class XII exams in 2018 need not enter their roll no. They will be required to enter the details while downloading their admit card.
- They must also choose the exam centres as per their preference from the given list. It must be noted that the list of exam centres is dependent on the mode of exam chosen – CBT or Pen & Paper.
Candidates are also required to upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impressions as per the below given specifications
|Details||File Format||File Size||Dimensions|
|Photograph with name and date printed below||JPEG format||4 KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||1 KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Thumb Impression (Left hand)|
Note: Candidates who do not have left hand thumb can take and upload their right thumb impression while candidates who do not have both the thumbs can upload the impression of any finger
Fee Payment: Fees can be paid online through Credit or Debit Card plus service charges or Offline through by depositing fee in cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank through e-challan generated during the online filling of application form.
JEE Main 2018 Confirmation Page: After the submission of the JEE Main 2018 application form, a confirmation page will be generated with the details of the candidates as in the application form. This page has to be kept safe by all applicants. They need not send this confirmation page to the JEE Main 2018 authorities.
JEE Main 2018 Application Fee:
Candidates are required to fill the JEE Main Application Form 2018 only through online process. However, application fee can be paid either through online or offline mode. The application fee payment can be made through two modes online mode (debit/credit card) or offline mode (e-challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank).
The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|Appearing||General/OBC (Male)||SC/ST/PWD/All Females||General/OBC||SC/ST/PWD/Females|
|For Examination Centers Opted in India|
|Paper I or Paper II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & Paper II
|For Examination Centers Opted in Foreign countries|
|Paper I or Paper II
|Paper I & Paper II
Correction in Application Form:
Candidates will get a chance to made correction in the application form. The correction period will be announced for one week in the second half of January 2018 tentatively.
- Any further corrections in application form after closing the correction period will not be entertained.
- Only selected and permitted entries may be modified.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern:
This examination will be conducted for two papers. Candidates, who want to take admission in B.Tech./B.E., must apply for paper 1 and the candidates, who want to take admission in B.Arch/B.Planning, must apply for paper 2. Candidate can apply for both papers. General guidelines for are given below:
- Language Option: Hindi, English
- Duration: 3 hours. (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response or multi-responses.
Paper 1- Questions and marks details
Marking: 4 marks per correct answer, -1 per incorrect answer.
Mode: It will be conducted in both online & offline mode.
Paper 2- Questions and Marks details
Mode: It will be conducted in offline mode only.
Syllabus for JEE Main 2018:
Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus of JEE Main 2018, before starting their preparations in earnest. This will help them prepare better, by minimizing the amount of time wasted in chasing up out-of-syllabus topics. Candidates can find the JEE Main 2018 syllabus here.
Top colleges participating in JEE Main 2018:
As mentioned already, JEE Main is gateway to several of the top technical institutes in the country. The NITs and some Centrally Funded Technical Institutes will be conducting their counselling procedures on the basis of JEE Main scores. To name a few, NIT Trichy, NIT Surathkal, NIT Warangal, IISc Bangalore are some of the top colleges offering admission through JEE Main.
JEE Main 2017 cutoffs:
Every year, the CBSE declares a cutoff score. This is the score above which a candidate will be eligible to appear for the corresponding year’s JEE Advanced. Although the cutoffs depend on a variety of factors, generally one can assume them to lie in the bracket of 105-115 marks for General Category Candidates, 70-75 for OBC candidates, 45-50 for SC candidates and 40-45 for ST candidates.
JEE Main 2016 Cut-off:
JEE Main 2016 top colleges Cut-offs:
|S.NO.||Institute Name||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|4||Malaviya NIT, Jaipur||162||5081|
|10||Motilal Nehru NIT, Allahabad||1105||8072|
|11||Maulana Azad NIT, Bhopal||1152||8839|
|12||Faculty of Engg, Haridwar||1170||36709|
|13||IIIT D&M, TN||1542||17503|
Important Changes that happened before JEE Main 2017:
- There will be no weightage for higher secondary marks in calculating the ranks in JEE Main examination.
- For the applicants to qualify for admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs & such other CFTIs whose admission are based on JEE ranks, they must have scored minimum 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in higher secondary standard or be in the top 20 percentile in higher secondary exam.
- The application process for JEE Main will involve complete verification by Aadhar cards.
- Besides these, the states of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE Main system.
JEE Main FAQs
Some questions frequently asked pertaining to JEE Main are as following.
Q.1 As per the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria, am I eligible for admission to B.Arch. course in the IITs if I appear in paper 2 of JEE Main 2017?
A. Candidates appearing in JEE Main paper 2 are eligible for admission into B.Arch. course only in NITs/SPAs other CFTIs (where B.Arch. Course is available). IIT’s have a separate procedure for admission to B.Arch courses. Admission to B.Arch courses in IITs is based on candidate’s AIR in JEE Advanced. Candidates must take AAT to be eligible.
Q.2 What is the Eligibility for Diploma Students in JEE Main 2017?
A. To appear in JEE Advanced 2017, Diploma holders can apply in JEE Main 2017. However, since they cannot apply for admission in NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main, their ranks and scores are not released.
Q.3 What if the date of birth is not fully or incorrectly mentioned in Aadhaar card or only birth year is
A. Such candidates should submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre and apply for JEE (Main) by entering 14
digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. (Including slash) printed on the slip issued by Aadhaar centre after submitting
Q.4 How the Candidates outside India (PIO/OCI/NRI) can apply for JEE (Main)-2017 without Aadhaar?
A.They must apply through their passport details.
Q.5 Is it possible to get admissions to 4-year programme of IITs with just JEE main?
A. No. Candidates must appear for JEE Advanced to secure admissions to IITs.
Given the stiff level of competition in JEE Main, it is imperative to craft the perfect preparation strategy, as well as exam paper strategy. For tips and tricks regarding JEE Main 2018, as well as keeping up with the current updates about the exam, keep following us Toppr Bytes.