JIPMER counselling will began from 27th June, 2018. JIPMER results will be declared on 9th June, 2018. Here’s the category wise schedule for first round of JIPMER counselling
|PwD-OPH||27th June, 2018|
|P-OPH||27th – 28th June, 2018|
|UR||28th June, 2018|
|OBC/ST/SC||29th June, 2018|
|Puducherry candidates & NRI/OCI||June 30, 2018|
JIPMER counselling – reporting centres
Here are the reporting venues for JIPMER counselling.
|P-OPH – 27th June||09:00 AM||JIPMER Academic section (3rd Floor), JIPMER Academic Centre, JIPMER, Puducherry-06|
|P-OPH – 28th June||08:00 AM||JIPMER Auditorium, Temple Gate 07, JIPMER, Puducherry-06|
|Rest all||08:00 AM||JIPMER Auditorium, Temple Gate 07, JIPMER, Puducherry-06|
All the interested candidates must read on for the entire procedure of JIPMER counselling.
JIPMER Counselling shortlisted candidates
The shortlists have long been out now. Candidates can check out the shortlist links below, based on their categories.
- General UR Category
- OBC Category
- SC Category
- ST Category
- OPH Category
- P-UR Category
- P-OBC Category
- P-SC Category
- P-OPH Category
- NRI OCI Category
The basis of shortlist as listed in official JIPMER notice is listed in the table below.
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total Invited||Opening Invitation Rank||Closing Invitation Rank|
|General – UR||50||15||65||1||650|
JIPMER Counselling 2018- The Complete Procedure
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), is a premier and the oldest Institution in the country to teach European Medicine in Asia. Located in Puducherry, the Institute is also a working hospital that provides excellent medical care to a large number of patients at affordable cost. JIPMER is a Government funded Institute with complete autonomy over its internal administration. JIPMER is internationally recognized and has frequently collaborated with Harvard School of Public Health. This article discusses about the JIPMER Counselling for MBBS, 2018.
- JIPMER Counselling 2018 will be in offline mode. All qualified candidates have to report at the counselling venue in person on the notified date & time.
- Before appearing for the counselling process, the candidates have to go through the biometric fingerprint and image verification procedures. In the case of a mismatch in biometrics or image verification, the candidate will not be allowed to attend the counselling. The Institute may also take legal action against the candidate in question.
- Candidates who fail to attend the counselling/medical examination on the stipulated date will have to forfeit their claim for admission and placement in the waiting list.
- The counselling is conducted first for the General and Physically Challenged category and is solely on the basis of merit.
- Next, counselling is done for the reserved categories like SC/ST/OBC candidates to allot the seats reserved for them.
- After completion of the counselling process, the vacant seats, if any are filled by the candidates from the waiting list.
We’ve also put together the list of documents to be submitted during the counselling process (photocopies and self-attested). Please read carefully.
JIPMER Counselling MBBS – Important Documents
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 Admit Card
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result
- Date of Birth Certificate (Age Proof)
- Class XII Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate from the Institute last studied
- Residence Certificate
- Caste Certificate (For Reserved Categories)
- Transfer Certificate
- Resident Certificate (For Puducherry Residents)
- Medical Certificate for OPH candidates
- Six passport size recent colour photographs
- Recent NRI status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective country with the embassy seal.
- Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam will be held via online mode on 3rd June, 2018 in two shifts in 75 centres across the country. JIPMER MBBS offers admissions to 150 MBBS seats in Puducherry and 50 MBBS seats in Karaikal campus. The online registrations for JIPMER MBBS will start from March 7. In this article, we will throw light on all the information you need for the JIPMER MBBS Counselling, 2018.
JIPMER Counselling MBBS 2018- Important Dates
Here’s the table of round-wise counselling schedule for JIPMER 2018.
|First Counselling Date/Allotment of Seats||27th June 2018|
|Second Counselling Date/ Wait List Allotment||25th July 2018|
|Third Counselling Date||20th August 2018|
|Last Date for Admission||30th September 2018|
Candidates not appearing in 1st round will not be eligible in 2nd or 3rd round & candidates not appearing in the 2nd round will not be eligible for 3rd round. For open round of counselling, candidates can appear irrespective of their attendance in the previous rounds.
All the necessary information regarding the necessary documents for verification (especially for candidates who are seeking admission through quota) and payment of fees is conveyed through the official website. Original certificates which you carry for counselling will also be required for confirming your seat.
Clearing the last mile of Medical entrance exams can be tough but don’t give up. You are very close. Best of luck! 🙂