Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is one of the oldest Institutes in the country that provides the best education in European medicine. It is also known for providing excellent medical facilities to all the needy patients at affordable cost. This article aims at discussion the JIPMER merit list this year. Let’s find out how it is prepared.
JIPMER offers courses on the undergraduate and postgraduate level. JIPMER MBBS 2017 examination will be held online on June 04, 2017 to offer admissions to 150 MBBS seats in Puducherry and 50 MBBS seats in Karaikal campus. The online registrations for JIPMER MBBS have started on March 27. In this article, we will talk about the JIPMER Merit List 2017 for MBBS.
JIPMER MBBS Merit List 2017
The JIPMER 2017 MBBS Result was declared on 19th June. The JIPMER merit list is based on percentile and the individual marks obtained by the students are also declared with their overall rank. The minimum Percentile that the students must secure to qualify is as follows:
JIPMER MBBS 2017 Qualifying Percentile
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40|
The merit list will contain the names of all those candidates who were successful in scoring more than the cut-off marks. The names of the students who fail to secure the cut-off marks are not included in the merit list.
In the event of a tie between two or more candidates, the following methodology will be applied to determine their inter-se-merit:
- Higher Percentile score in Biology will result in higher ranking.
- If Biology Percentiles fail to break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will result in higher ranking.
- If Biology and Chemistry Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Physics will result in higher ranking.
- If Biology, Chemistry & Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in English and Comprehension will result in higher ranking.
- If the tie is still not broken then higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in higher ranking.
- If the tie still exists then the candidate senior in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
JIPMER Merit List 2017: Important Points
- The JIPMER 2017 Merit List will be prepared using the Percentile method and will reflect the Percentile secured by the qualifying candidates.
- The JIPMER 2017 Merit List was uploaded on the Official Website on 19th June 2017.
- Names of the candidates who don’t score the qualifying Percentile will not be included in the merit list.
- NRI/OCI candidates who opted for admission under the self-financing scheme at the time of registration will be considered for admission to the 6 NRI/OCI seats.
- A waiting list will also be prepared but the candidates featuring in the list won’t be individually informed.
- Candidates from the Physically Handicapped Quota will be placed in the appropriate quota according to their category i.e. Unreserved/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ Puducherry Unreserved/ Puducherry OBC/ Puducherry SC on a horizontal reservation basis.
After the announcement of merit list, the JIPMER MBBS 2017 counselling procedure will be initiated to allocate seats in Puducherry and Karaikal centres.
You can check the JIPMER Merit List 2017 here, when the notification in released. All the very best!