An institute of national importance under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, the Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is expected to released the JIPMER MBBS 2019 results on or before June 21, 2019. This year, JIPMER was conducted on June 2 and approximately 1,89,663 candidates registered for the JIPMER MBBS 2019 out of which around 1,49,369 candidates appeared for the exam. Conducted for around at 339 centres across 75 cities in the country, it was held in two slots: morning and afternoon. JIPMER 2019 result was announced recently, on 9th June. Take a look at JIPMER 2019 result, how to check it, cutoffs and more in this article!
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Overview
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is one of the oldest Institutions in India providing education in European medicine in Asia. It is situated in Pondicherry, the capital of union territory of Puducherry in the southern part of the country. JIPMER is funded by the Central Government and given complete autonomy over its administration. The Institute has collaborated in the past with a number of foreign universities including the Harvard School of Public Health to exchange faculty, educational tools, research as well as data on public health. The JIPMER campus not only imparts exceptional knowledge to the students in the various areas of medicine but also offers relief to all those people who require medical facilities at affordable prices.
JIPMER offers courses on the undergraduate and postgraduate level and admits students only on the basis of their own tests and not through AIPMT or any other State exams.
What’s New in JIPMER MBBS 2019?
- The JIPMER MBBS 2019 exam this time was held in the online mode and in two shifts on June 4, 2019. The first shift started from 10 am to 12.30 pm and the second shift was from 3 pm to 5.30 pm.
- Also, candidates need to note that there was an increase in the total JIPMER MBBS Application fees this year. All candidates belonging to the Gen/OBC category had to pay Rs. 1,200 and candidates belonging to SC/ST category had to pay Rs. 1000.
- The marking scheme of JIPMER MBBS 2019 has been changed. As per the latest update on the marking pattern, 4 marks will be allocated for each correct response.
- Applicants also need to bring e-Aadhaar card/Aadhar card/ Passport along with the JIPMER MBBS 2019 admit card on the day of the examination compulsorily. Apart from the mentioned Id proof, no other document will be accepted.
JIPMER MBBS Important Dates 2019
The Jawaharlal Institute of Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry, had announced the important dates of JIPMER MBBS 2019 on February 18.
Candidates can check the important dates given below.
|Online Registration process starts from||March 27, 2019|
|Closing date of registration process||May 3, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||March 22, 2019|
|Date of Entrance Exam||June 4, 2019|
|Timing of Entrance Exam||Shift 1: 10:00 – 12:30 Shift 2: 03:00 – 05:30|
|Release of Merit List, tentative||On or before June 21, 2019|
|Counselling Starts from||June 27, 2019|
|Commencement of Course||July 4, 2019|
|Closing of Admission||September 30, 2019|
JIPMER MBBS Admit Card 2019
The JIPMER MBBS Admit Card is nothing but a pass to attend the exam and is generally offered by the Office of controller of exam assigned by the administrative department of Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research. Only those candidates who have successfully completed the application procedure of JIPMER are eligible to get the Admit Card. If you happen to misplace it, then it is important to report the issue to the exam conducting authority of JIPMER. They will issue you a duplicate admit card instead of the old one.
Candidates who have successfully submitted the application form with the application fee can download their JIPMER 2019 admit card from the official website http://jipmer.edu.in/. Candidates were able to download the Admit card from May 22, 2019. It is important that you keep 2-3 copies of it for future purposes.
An Admit Card contains crucial information like:
- Date of Birth
- Uploaded Photograph
- Uploaded Signature
- Exam City and Centre
- Examination Roll Number
JIPMER 2019 Result
JIPMER 2019 result has been just announced on June 9, 2019. The results are declared in the form of merit list that includes candidate’s name, All India Rank, percentile secured, marks obtained in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Logic & Quantitative Reasoning, English & Comprehension, etc. Candidates can also download their rank letter detailing marks from June 15 (10 am). Keep in mind that in order to become eligible for admissions in JIPMER MBBS 2019, you have to secure the minimum qualifying marks in the entrance exam. This exam is conducted for providing admissions to 150 seats in Puducherry and 50 MBBS seats in Karaikal campus. You can check the detailed JIPMER MBBS result 2019 below.
How to download JIPMER 2019 Result
- Visit the Official Website of JIPMER MBBS 2019.
- Click on JIPMER 2019 Result.
- Enter the required information like your application number and password.
- The JIPMER 2019 Result will be displayed in a pdf format.
- The JIPMER 2019 Result will contain the candidate’s name, All India Rank and the Percentile secured.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Toppers:
|Name of the Candidate||Rank||Percentile|
|Abhishek Veerendra Dogra||2||99.9985117|
|George Aditya Paul||3||99.9975686|
|Aadithya Narayan S||4||99.9970235|
|V N S Neastham Reddy Kadimisetti||7||99.9939215|
JIPMER 2019 Result inter-se-merit:
In case two or more candidates obtain equal percentile in JIPMER MBBS 2019, then the inter-se-merit will be determined as per the following procedure:
- Firstly, the English marks secured in JIPMER MBBS 2019 will be eliminated.
- If the tie still persists, Physics marks will be eliminated.
- If the tie still remains, Chemistry marks will be eliminated.
- If the tie is still there, Biology marks will be eliminated.
- In case, the tie is still not broken, then a candidate senior in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
JIPMER MBBS Cut off 2019
Check below for the Qualifying Percentile in JIPMER MBBS 2019
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40|
Here’s a brief analysis of JIPMER MBBS Cut off of the last two years, 2015 and 2016. Check below to know more.
JIPMER MBBS Previous Years’ Cut off
|Category||JIPMER MBBS 2016 (closing rank)||JIPMER MBBS 2015 (opening rank)|
Last year around in 2016, around 1, 38,229 candidates had given the entrance examination of JIPMER MBBS 2019. Candidates can check below for the table consisting of number of candidates in each categories.
|Category||Number of Candidates|
|OBC Non – Creamy||34305|
|P – OBC||2217|
|NRI/OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||326|
JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2019
Now that JIPMER 2019 result has been declared, the counselling process will begin shortly. The JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2019 is going to be conducted in three rounds starting from June 28, 2019. Take note that before appearing for the counselling 2019, candidates need to go through the Biometric finger print and image verification. At the time of counselling, you need to produce the original required documents. Once the documents are verified, the candidates are admitted to the course (if found medically fit by the authority) and will be required to pay the fee in cash immediately. The seats will be filled according to the merit list on the basis of performance of the candidates in the entrance examination.
Documents needed on the day of counselling:
- Admit Card
- Rank Letter
- Proof of DOB
- Passing certificate of Qualifying Examination
- Character certificate from the Institution last attended
- Residence certificate
- Reserved category certificate
- Medical Certificate of OPH for OPH Candidates
- Six coloured passport size photograph
- Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India.
JIPMER MBBS Seats Allotments and Reservation criteria 2019
Here’s a detailed number of seats reserved for each category under the two campuses of JIPMER – JIPMER Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal.
|S.No.||CATEGORY||JIPMER CAMPUS PUDUCHERRY||JIPMER CAMPUS KARAIKAL|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28||10|
|3||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11||4|
|4||Scheduled Caste (SC)||16||6|
|5||Puducherry Domicile||Unreserved – 23||Unreserved- 7|
|Other Backward Classes – 11||Other Backward Classes – 5|
|Scheduled Caste – 6||Scheduled Caste – 2|
|6||NRI/OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5||1|
Out of the total seats of JIPMER Puducherry, 4 are allotted to eligible OPH candidates on a horizontal reservation basis. A total of 2 seats from the available JIPMER Karaikal seats are allotted to eligible OPH candidates on the horizontal reservation basis.
Reservation Criteria of JIPMER MBBS 2019 OBC Candidates
- JIPMER MBBS 2019candidates under the reservation quota of OBC category should not belong to rich families.
- The candidate need to submit their last three year’s income tax certificate of their parents to prove that they are not from the Creamy Layer. During the counselling process, the original OBC certificate needs to be produced by the candidate.
- If the candidates don’t have any income tax certificates, then an income certificate from a competent authority can also be produced.
- A recent certificate from the employer of the candidate’s parents stating their designation and entry class in Government/Private Sector enterprises should also be submitted.
- An aggregate of 40% in Physics, Biology and Chemistry and 40% in Biology, Physics and Chemistry individually should have been scored by the candidate in 10+2 (or equivalent examination).
Reservation Criteria of JIPMER MBBS 2019 Scheduled Caste/Tribe Candidates
- Candidates who are seeking admission through the scheduled caste/tribe reservation criteria will have to submit their category certificates from the District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate, Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar, Sub-divisional Officer of the area where the candidate or his/her family normally resides.
- The certificates submitted should be in English and if it’s a different language, then an English translation of their caste certificate attested by a Gazetted officer should be produced.
- The candidates should have scored 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in 10+2 (or equivalent examination) and should have scored a total of 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Reservation Criteria of JIPMER MBBS 2019 Puducherry Candidates
- For getting admission through this category, candidates have to be a citizen of Puducherry. and his/her parents should have been living in Puducherry for at least 5 years prior to application for admission.
- Children whose parents are government workers in Puducherry for the last three years prior to application are eligible for the reservation criteria. The children of these employees should have studied their higher secondary in Puducherry and should have passed the higher secondary examination from the same school.
Reservation Criteria of JIPMER MBBS 2019 OPH Candidates
- Admissions under OPH category is only given to candidates with locomotor disability that is confined to the lower limbs between 50% to 70%.
- 3% reservations is provided on a horizontal basis in the seats available as per their rank in the merit.
- A valid document certifying his/her physical disability must be possessed by the candidate.
- Candidates suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability will be eligible for reservation.
- Disability Certificate from an authorized Medical Board of a state or central government should be produced.
Reservation Criteria of JIPMER MBBS 2019 OCI Candidates
- A proof of registration as OCI will need to be submitted by the candidates
- Certificate of registration as OCI issued by a competent authority should be submitted at the time of admission.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1. What’s the first step to getting admission for MBBS in the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) for the year 2019?
Ans. JIPMER offers admission to its 200 MBBS course seats with the help of an online entrance test called JIPMER MBBS 2019. The registration process for the MBBS course will open in the month of March 2019.
Q.2.What is the total duration of JIPMER MBBS course?
Ans. The overall duration of the JIPMER MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months, which is followed by 1 year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship.
Q.3. Could you specify the eligibility for JIPMER MBBS 2019?
Ans. The applicants need to be Indian nationals and should have completed 17 years of their age as on or before the 31st December of the examination year. The candidates should have qualified the 10+2/Senior Secondary or its correspondent examination from a recognized board or university with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as their major subjects.
Q.4. I need to know the exam pattern and syllabus for JIPMER MBBS 2019.
All the questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 will be primarily based on the syllabus as agreed by the State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. The test will be of multiple choice type questions.
The pattern of JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination is Physics: 60Q, Chemistry: 60Q, Biology: 60Q, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning: 10Q & English and Comprehension: 10Q.
Q.5. What exactly is the scoring pattern & rule for negative marks?
Every answer with a correct response is awarded ONE mark. And ZERO marks will be given for the question NOT answered.
Note: There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
Stay tuned to Toppr.com for more information on JIPMER 2019 Result.