The official notification for JNU Entrance exam has been released on the 15th of September, 2017. The JNU entrance examination will be held from 27th to 30th December 2017 in 53 cities across the country and will enable the qualified candidates to take an admission in various undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses in the prestigious university. The exam will also be held in certain centres in Nepal (Kathmandu).
The online application portal opens in the official website on the 15th of September, 2017 (10:00 am) and will close on the 13th of October, 2017 at 11:59 am. Further details of the application process can be found in the prospectus available in the official JNU website www.jnu.ac.in. The candidates are suggested to check the eligibility criteria and check the prescribed examination fees and other relevant details before filling the application form.
The various programmes of study that can be enrolled in by qualifying in the JNU entrance exam are enlisted below:
- MPhil/Ph.D through JRF
- Ph.D. through JRF
- MCA, B.A. (Hons.) in Foreign Languages and Part-Time courses.
Apart from the examination dates and the courses of study, the JNU authorities have also provided detailed information regarding the number of available seats in the respective courses. The tentative seat numbers are as listed below:
- 381 seats for MPhil/Ph.D.
- 339 seats for only PhD candidates
- 118 seats for M.A./M.Sc./M.Tech./M.P.H.
- 459 seats for B.A. courses
- 240 seats for part time courses
The results of JNU Entrance examination will be tentatively announced on the 21st of February, 2018 in the official website, following whch the qualified candidates will be summoned for a viva-voce examination on 20th March, 2018. The will be released online on March 15, 2018 (for courses with Viva voce) and April 25, 2018 (for courses without viva voce).
The registration process for the finally selected candidates will be held between 23rd and 28th July, 2018. Further details regarding the examination dates, exam venue, admit card release and registration process will be updated regularly in the official website.
The steps for applying in JNU entrance examination 2018 are as follows:
- Go to “Application For:-Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination [ JNUEE ]”.
- Click on the declaration “I accept. Apply online”.
- Fill in the application form with relevant personal information, academic details, contact details and programme for study.
- Click register now. The password and other details will be thereafter sent to the candidates’ e-mail address.
For detailed information, visit the official website.