KCET 2019 Answer Key!
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted by the Government of Karnataka. Success in the KCET examination is your gateway for admissions to professional courses such as Medical, Dental, Engineering/Technology, the Indian Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy, Architecture, B. Pharm., Pharm. D. courses, and Farm Science. The Karnataka Government has made it mandatory for candidates to qualify the KCET in order to get admission to any professional course through the Karnataka Education Authority (KEA). The KCET 2019 examination is likely to be conducted in the first week of May 2019 and the KCET answer key will be uploaded on the official website in the first week of May 2019. The KCET 2019 Answer Key comes in handy for candidates to calculate their score and predict their ranks in the KCET examination. The KCET 2019 answer are published separately for each subject like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and also for the 16 different version codes. All objections to the KCET 2019 answer key are to be addressed to the conduction body within the stipulated time period.
In this article, we’re sharing important information about the KCET 2019 answer key like important dates, steps to download the answer key, challenging the answer key, and much more.
So, read on!
KCET 2019 Answer Key
The KCET 2019 Answer Key will be published for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The KCET 2019 answer key will be declared in two phases; first, the provisional answer key will be declared and then the final answer key. The candidates or their parents/professors can raise objections to the provisional answer key and the final answer key is declared after correcting all objections to the provisional answer key. The final answer key cannot be challenged and is binding on all.
KCET 2019 Answer Key Released for All Subjects
Steps to Download KCET 2019 Answer Key
The KCET 2019 answer key will be published on the official website. You can download the KCET 2019 Answer Key by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to the KCET Official Website.
- Click on the ‘KCET 2019 Answer Key’ tab.
- Log in using your Application Number and Password.
- Now, you’ll be able to check the KCET 2019 Answer Key and compare your answers from the questions of KCET 2019.
- In case you observe any incorrect answers in the Answer Key then you can challenge the KCET Provisional Answer Key.
How to Challenge KCET 2019 Answer Key
Many a time, when the provisional answer keys are released, the students/professors find objections to some of the answers given in the answer keys. In case you have any objections to the KCET 2019 Answer Key then you can challenge the answer key by raising queries. Given below are the steps to follow for challenging the KCET 2019 Answer Key:
- You can address your objections to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” within the stipulated time-period. You can raise objections either in person, via Speed Post or by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
- Remember that you need to attach supporting documents and justifications while submitting your objections to the KCET 2019 answer key.
- All the objections received will be reviewed by an Expert Committee for corrections.
- The final decision for the correct answer keys will be taken by the Expert Committee and the decision will be binding on everyone.
- The final answer key approved by the Expert Committee will be used for the evaluation of scores and determination of the KCET 2019 merit list.
Important Dates for KCET 2019 Answer Key
The KCET final dates for the release of the answer keys will be declared on the website in due course of time. For your benefit, we’ve put together the tentative important dates for the KCET Answer Keys 2019.
|Date of KCET 2019 Examination||1st week of May 2019|
|Publication of KCET Provisional Answer Key||1st week of May 2019|
|Last Date for Challenging the Answer Key||2nd week of May 2019|
|KCET 2019 Result Declaration||Last week of May 2019 or first week of June 2019|
Rank Predictor based on KCET 2019 Answer Key
Once the final answer keys are published, you can check your marks and predict your rank in the KCET 2019 examination. There is no negative marking in the KCET examination and hence, your score will be equal to the number of correct responses given by you in the examination. Each correct answer gives you one mark so your marks obtained are the number of correct answers multiplied by 1.
Previous Year Cutoff for Participating Colleges in KCET 2019
The cut-off marks for KCET are the minimum marks that you need to score to get admission to the various Undergraduate Engineering courses in Karnataka. The KCET cut off marks are determined by the KEA to allot seats to eligible candidates who have obtained marks equal to above the KCET cut-off marks. The cut-off marks are represented by the closing ranks for each participating institute and vary as per the college, course name, and category. The cutoff of KCET is published separately for General and Hyderabad- Karnataka candidates. A number of factors are taken into account by the admission committee to determine the KCET cut-off marks.
Factors considered for determining the KCET Cut-Off Marks
- The difficulty level of the KCET question paper.
- The number of applications appearing in the KCET examination.
- The number of seats available.
- The performance of the candidates in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in both the qualifying examination and the common entrance test.
- The average marks secured by the candidates in the entrance test.
- The seats reserved for candidates belonging to different categories
- The previous year cut-off marks.
The KCET 2019 scores will be accepted by around 220 state as well as private engineering colleges for admission to the B. Tech. /B.E. /B. Arch. seats under their control. The KCET participating colleges include State Government Colleges, University Colleges, Private Unaided Colleges, and Government-Aided Private Colleges. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling procedure to choose their seats for admission to the KCET Participating Institutes. The admission to participating institutes of KCET will be done strictly on the basis of the candidates’ rank in the merit list and their preference for engineering colleges and programs. Over 45,000 seats of KCET participating institutes 2019 will be filled by candidates who will clear the KCET 2019 examination.
In the table given below, we’re providing the closing ranks of the top three government engineering colleges for the academic year 2016. You can peruse the previous year’s cut-off and use them as reference points.
KCET Cut-Off for Top 3 Government Colleges
|College Name||Program Name||Category||Closing Rank|
|University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bangalore||Civil Engineering||1G||19343|
|Computer Science & Engineering||1G||5652|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||1G||11101|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||1G||6119|
|UBDT College of Engineering, Davangere||Civil Engineering||1G||27873|
|Computer Science & Engineering||1G||30504|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||1G||34162|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||1G||27646|
|Government Engineering College, Bellary||Civil Engineering||1G||64396|
|Computer Science & Engineering||1G||114023|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||1G||99911|
KCET Top 10 Participating Institutes
Some popular participating institutes of KCET are listed in the table given below.
|Sr. No.||Name of Institutes|
|1||National Institute of Engineering, Mysore|
|2||P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|3||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur|
|4||RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|5||JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore|
|6||Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|7||BVB College of Engineering & Technology, Hubli|
|8||B.M.S. College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore|
|9||Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore|
|10||MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
KCET 2019 Examination Centers
The KCET exam centers are the venues decided by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) where the KCET 2019 examination would be conducted. A total of 53 cities are identified as exam centers for the KCET 2019 examination. The candidates need to give their choice of exam center at the time of submitting the KCET online application form. The exam center cannot be changed after the form submitted. The table given below has all the information regarding the KCET 2019 examination centers.
|Sr. No.||Exam Centre||Sr. No.||Exam Centre||Sr. No.||Exam Centre|
KCET Seat Allotment
The shortlisted candidates are invited to fill the seats through the seat allotment process based on their ranking in the merit list, selection of college and course during the KCET counselling procedure. The shortlisted candidates need to report at the allotted college along with the necessary documents/certificates for the purpose of verification. The KCET seat allotment is done in two or more rounds depending on the candidates.
How to Challenge Answer Key
If candidates/parents/lecturers will find any objections in the provisional answer key, then he/she can submit their objections in the following way:
- The candidate can file the objections addressed to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” on or before the scheduled date either in person or by Speed Post/email: [email protected]
- The candidates will have to submit the objections along with all the supporting documents/ Justifications.
- The objections will be placed in front of the Expert Committee for corrections.
- The final decision will be taken by the Expert Committee and that decision will be final for determination of the right answer key.
- The right answer key approved by the Expert Committee will be applied during the evaluation for determination of merit list.
KCET 2017 Final Answer Key
Official Final Answer keys of KCET 2017 is published for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
|Official Final Answer keys of KCET 2017|
|KCET 2019 Biology Final Answer Key||Click here|
|KCET 2019 Mathematics Final Answer Key||Click here|
|KCET 2019 Physics Final Answer Key||Click here|
|KCET 2019 Chemistry Final Answer Key||Click here|
For more information on KCET 2019 click here!