Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted b Karnataka Examination Authority to help students get admission in courses at the undergraduate level and various professional courses. This exam is for various branches like Medical, Engineering, Architecture, Home Science, BPharma, Naturopathy and Yoga, B.Tech etc. Let us discuss in detail about a KCET College Predictor for a better understanding.
What is KCET College Predictor?
Careers360, inspireignite, iaspaper are some of the websites and portals that have founded the KCET College predictor. It is a complex yet simple tool to enable students to understand the colleges they can get into based on their performance in the examination. The point to be noted is that it is extremely user-friendly and does not need too many technical details based on which the candidates get a list of colleges that might be possible to get into. This tool also helps in understanding the college and branch one should take up during the admission process.
What is the process to use the KCET college predictor?
- The predictor is made available to the students once KCET is over.
- The link will be provided on the official website of various portals
- The candidate must have a Google or a Facebook account so as to log in on the server.
- Details like location, number, and education interest, course of interest, current educational details will have to be entered.
- Post this, a one time password will be sent to the mobile number, which will have to be entered on the site.
- Further, the candidate will have to enter details pertaining to their KCET scores like rank, category, branch of preference and exams that they are appearing for.
- The list of the colleges will then be provided to the student based on all the details entered.
The various branches that can be analyzed with the help of a predictor are
- Business Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Computer Application
Further, each branch has a list of entrance examinations that have their own format and algorithms for predictions.
It is an extremely simple process that is hassle free and does not use too much of one’s time. It is very useful for those who are certain of taking up a course but need counselling on which college they must aim for.
What does the predictor help you in?
- Firstly, the KCET Predictor helps you understand the best course and college that match your preference. It gives you two list, one which shows you a gamut of probable colleges in totality while the other list shows you the list of colleges that match your specific preferences.
- Secondly, it helps you make a short list of the right college for you based on your scores and academic past. It is easy and speeds up the process, as it does need you to feed in irrelevant data.
- Thirdly, it allows you to understand your position as compared to the other candidates.
- And lastly, it helps you get all the necessary information before you step on in the journey. It is personalized and gives you a report specific to your needs only.
The top colleges of KCET, engineering are:
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering located in Bangalore
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology located in Bangalore
- University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering located Bangalore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology situated in Bangalore
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology situated in Tumkur
- KLE Technological University located in Hubli
- PES University in Bangalore
- BMS College of Engineering in Bangalore
- Ghousia College of Engineering in Ramanagara
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology in Bangalore
- Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering located in Mysore
- BMS Institute of Technology and Management in Bangalore
Similarly, there are top colleges for different fields including engineering, medicine, law, Business, Hospitality, Computer Application and Design.
Some pointers for using the college predictor:
- Only submit authentic and correct data. This will enable the tool to give near to accurate predictions. In case of incorrect data, the list will not be precise.
- The predictor will not be 100 percent accurate and does not guarantee anything. It just aims to give a direction to the students when they are making a career choice.
- The college list is just a data sheet. It is for the student to decide what they are interested in and which one should not be on their list.
Some links to sites that have predictors:
Using a predictor might not assure or guarantee admission in a particular college as that depends on numerous factors. However, it can definitely speed up your process of college and course selection as it makes a list for your perusal. Thus, what is required out of every candidate is that the details that have been filled up are done so diligently and honestly. Mistakes while filling up the form can result in faulty predictions. This is all just to provide a direction to students who are overwhelmed with the results and need counselling and guidance. We wish you all the best.