KCET 2019 Exam Dates have been released now. KCET 2019 (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam. This exam is also called as Karnataka CET (K CET/Kar CET). Karnataka CET is managed by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) under the aegis of Karnataka University. KCET 2019 is the gateway for admission in the field of Architecture, Engineering, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, etc. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into various institutions/colleges situated in Karnataka state. In this article, we have mentioned the complete information about KCET 2019 result including application details, eligibility, exam pattern, and syllabus.
How to Download KCET 2019 Result?
How to Check KCET 2019 Result?
- Go on official website
Click on this link to go on the official website of KCET
- Enter Registration Number
Enter your registration number in the box given (E.g. AA001)
- Click on Submit
After entering registration number click on submit
- Download Result
Once you click on submit, you will be able to see the result. Save the result in your computer and take 2-3 print outs for future use.
KCET Application Form 2019
KEA will release the KCET 2019 application form in the 2nd week of January 2019. Candidates can check here all details of filling the application form:
- The KCET online application form will be available only through online mode.
- No other mode will be applicable to get the application form.
- Candidates can fill the KCET 2019 application form till the 1st week of March 2019.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph, left hand thumb impression and signature.
- The size of the photograph, signature & left hand thumb impression should be greater than 5 KB and less than 40 KB. The dimension should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (Photograph), 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm (Signature & left hand thumb impression).
- Before filling the application form, candidates must read the instruction carefully.
- Take the printout of the filled application form for future use.
- Application Fee:
- Candidates can make payment only through offline mode (through the specified bank Challan).
- The application fee is Rs. 650/- for General & OBC category candidates.
- Candidates, those belong to SC/ST category has to pay Rs. 500 as an application fee. Eligibility Criteria The KCET eligibility criteria are different for the courses of Engineering/Architecture and Pharmacy/Science. Candidates can check their eligibility for appearing in the KCET exam: For Engineering/Architecture Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to qualify the 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Subject: Candidates must pass their examination with Mathematics & Physics as a main subject & English as a language subject.
- Minimum Marks: It is compulsory to score at least 45% marks (40% marks in SC/ST category) in physics and mathematics along with one of the subjects, i.e. Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Chemistry/Computer science.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- For architecture course, candidates have a valid NATA score card. For Pharmacy/Science Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent with PCB and English as a language subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST Category) in PCB group.
- Appearing candidates can also apply. KCET Exam Pattern The exam pattern of CET is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through offline mode (pen & paper based).
- Types of Question: Question paper will be Multiple Choice Type Question.
- Number of Questions: Total 60 question will be asked from each section.
- Time Duration: The total time duration is 320 minutes for the whole exam. Each section will be given 80 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking. No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer. Subjects No. of Question Time Allotted (in Minutes) Physics 60 80 Chemistry 60 80 Mathematics/Biology 60 80 Kannada (in case) 50 80 Total 230 320 KCET 2019 Syllabus The KCET 2019 Syllabus will comprise of the syllabus of PUC 1st and 2nd prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. The syllabus for Pharmacy will consist of mainly three subjects, i.e. Biology, Physics and Chemistry. For engineering courses, candidates have to go through the subjects such as Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. Preparation Tips
- Plan a proper schedule & make a time table such that to give a equal time for each subjects.
- Prepare from previous years question paper & unsolved sample papers.
- Stay healthy & take a nutritious and balanced diet. Avoid junk & oily foods.
- Understand & know the complete exam pattern & syllabus. Concentrate on the basic concept & try to cover the complete syllabus.
- Make a note of all the important topics & points.
- Balance your strengths & weaknesses & prepare topics and chapters according to this.
- KCET Admit Card 2019
- Candidates will be able to get their admit card through online mode from our website.
- KCET 2019 Admit Card will be released from the 3rd week of April 2019.
- The admit card contain details such as name of candidate, roll number, address of the exam center, date of exam & time, etc.
- Without a valid admit card, no candidate will be allowed in the examination hall. KCET Results 2019
- The result will be announced by the conducting authority in the Last week of May 2019.
- Candidates will check their KCET 2019 results through online mode.
- Candidates have to enter their registration number to check their results.
- Keep a print copy of the result & safe it till the admission procedure not over.
- The authority will also release the KCET cut-off after the result declaration. KCET Counselling 2019
- The KCET Counselling will be commenced in the 2nd week of June 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling process on the basis of their merit in the entrance examination.
- Candidates’ documents will be verified at the time of counselling in the prescribed counselling centre. So, candidates have to report personally in the counselling.
- The allotment of seats will take place as per the marks scored in the entrance examination, seat availability & filled choices.
- Candidate can participate in other counselling rounds, if he/she can not satisfy with the seat allotment. Documents required at the time of counselling:
- 10th & 12th Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- KCET 2019 Admit Card
- KCET 2019 score card
- Two latest passport size photographs
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Printcopy of the filled Application Form
Follow Toppr for more important news.