KIIT University- All you need to know!
Established in 2004, the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) University is a non-profit, private, higher education university located in the urban setting of the medium-sized city of Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, KIIT University is a large (enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students) co-educational higher education institution. It renders undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Biotechnology, Engineering, Management, Medicine, Computer Application, Law, Fashion, Rural Management, Journalism, Sculpturing and Film Studies. The university also offers master’s degree in public health and hospital administration.
The admission rate range is 90-100%, making it a least selective institution. International applicants are also eligible to apply for enrollment. KIIT also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, housing, sports facilities and/or activities, financial aids and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
KIITEE (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam) is a university level entrance examination organized by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT). It is organized for providing admissions in UG & PG engineering courses including BBA/BCA and MCA offered by this university. Admissions to all courses are done only through the KIITEE 2018 exam. Application Forms for KIITEE 2018 have been released now.
Through this article, candidates can check detailed information about KIIT and KIITEE 2018 including exam date, eligibility criteria, admission, ranking, placement, school of management, etc.
KIITEE 2018 Exam Dates
|Application form release||20th November 2017|
|Last date to apply online||31st March 2018|
|Last date to receive filled application form||31st March 2018|
|Hosting Admit Card in the website||10th April 2018|
|Exam date||15th to 24th April 2018|
|Result announcement||5th May 2018|
|Counselling starts||20th May 2018|
Following are the various B. Tech. courses offered by KIIT:
B. Tech. (Four Years)
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Automobile)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics & Control System
- Communication Engineering
- Medical Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Systems Engineering
- Chemical Technology
B. Tech. – Lateral Entry (Three Years)
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical (Automobile Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation
KIITEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria for B. Tech Programs
- For eligibility in B. Tech programs, aspiring candidates should have been born on or after July 01, 1996.
- They should have passed class XII in 2016, 2017. The aspirants, who are going to appear for class XII in 2018, are also eligible to appear in KIITEE 2018.
- The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in class XII securing minimum aggregate marks of 60%.
- They must have attained regular full-time formal education from a recognized board of examination.
KIITEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Dual Degree (B. Tech.+ M. Tech.) Programs
- For Dual Degree (B. Tech + M. Tech.) in Biotechnology, candidates should have born on or after July 01, 1996.
- The aspiring candidates must have passed class XII with minimum aggregate marks of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
Category-wise Reservation Criteria in KIITEE 2018
|Sr. No.||Reservation Category||Percentage of Seats|
|1||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.50%|
|3||Physically Challenged (PC)||3%|
- KIIT University reserves seats for aspiring candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Challenged (PC) categories for admissions to B. Tech. programs and Dual Degree (B. Tech. + M. Tech.) programs.
- The examinees belonging to SC category have 15% seats reserved, while those belonging to ST and PC categories have 7.50% and 3% seats reserved respectively in the university for admissions through KIITEE 2018.
Admissions to all the programs offered by KIIT University are done through KIITEE (KIIT Entrance exam) except MBBS, BDS, PG Medical, & PG Dental. Admissions to MBBS, BDS, PG Medical, & PG Dental courses are done through NEET.
The university also accepts other exam scores. Check details below.
|BBA||UGAT Score/Career Marks & performance in PI|
|KSRM (KIIT School of Rural Management) & KSOM (KIIT School of Management)||KIITEE Management|
|Ph. D.||UGC NET|
All candidates are expected to have good academic performance in their career. Due weightage is given in the final selection. The short-listed candidates (based on the score in the written test and career marks) are called for a personal interview before a panel of faculty members.
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks for all the courses mentioned above, inter-se merit of such candidates will be determined as follows:
|B. Tech.||On the basis of marks obtained in Mathematics, then in Physics and then by age (preference to older candidates).|
|B. Arch.||On the basis of marks obtained in NATA.|
|B. Tech. (LE)||On the basis of marks obtained in Mathematics, then in Basic Electrical Engineering and then by age. (Preference to the older candidate).|
|B.Sc. Nursing||On the basis of marks obtained in Biology, then in Chemistry and then by age (Preference to the older candidate).|
|BBA / BCA/Bachelor in Design (Fashion/Textile)/Bachelor in Film & Television Production /BA.LLB/BBA LLB/B. Sc. LLB/ Master of Mass Communication(Integrated)||On the basis of Marks obtained in Mathematical Ability, then in Analytical Ability. Then in English and then by age. (Preference to the older candidate)|
|Biotechnology- Dual Degree (B. Tech. / M. Tech.) (5 years)||On the basis of marks obtained in Biology, then in Chemistry and then by age (preference to the older candidate).|
|MCA / MCA(LE)||On the basis of the marks obtained in Computer Awareness, then Mathematics and then by age (Preference to the older candidate).|
|M. Tech.||Preference to Older Candidates|
|M.Sc. (Applied Microbiology/Biotechnology)||On the basis of marks obtained in Biology, then Chemistry, then Mathematics and then by age. (Preference to Older Candidates).|
|LLM||Preference to Older Candidates|
Soon after KIITEE concludes, the university releases the results by the first week of May/June. Based on the marks and ranks obtained in the exam, aspirants need to go through a counselling process.
The classes start by the first week of August each year.
The registration process for admissions to KIIT University begins in December every year. Aspirants are required to select the course and fill up the form online on the official website. There is no application fee for KIITEE.
After filling the application form, you need to print the application form and sign at the specified locations and thereafter affix two recent passport size photos of themselves, which are taken after December 1 such that the name of the candidate is printed on them. This application form then needs to be submitted by post/courier or in person to the below- mentioned address:
The Director, Admissions, KIIT University, Koel Campus, Bhubaneswar – 751024, Odisha, India.
The online application will be accepted subject to receipt of printed application, photographs and the copy of 10th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet only.
Students can also download KIIT application form. Students need to fill up all the required fields and submit the same in person/by post (Registered Post/Speed Post/Courier) along with photographs and 10th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet to the above-mentioned address.
The table below outlines the fee structure for the KIIT four year B. Tech. programs
|Tuition Fee||1,50,000 per Semester (For 8 Semesters)|
|Registration Fee||1000 per Semester (For 8 Semesters)|
|Exam Fees||1000 per Semester (For 8 Semesters)|
|Other Fees||75,000 (One-Time Payment)|
Students need to download the admit card from the official website. The same will be not be dispatched in Hard Copy. Aspirants must preserve the admit card till the admission process is over.
Steps to download the KIITEE 2018 Admit Card
- Navigate to kiitee.ac.in
- Provide the Key or click on the ‘submit’ tab.
- Your Admit Card will appear on the computer screen.
- Download the Admit Card and take multiple printouts for future reference.
Important Instructions on the Admit Card:
- Verify that your details printed on the Admit Card are correct.
- Make a note of the exam time and your test centre.
- Check the list of the permitted items in the exam hall.
- The test centre printed on your Admit Card is final. No request for change of centre will be entertained.
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.
Education Times ranked this university as the 17th best engineering college in India. It has been accredited as ‘A’ grade university by NAAC. India Today ranked KIIT University as the top 5th Private engineering university in India. According to the latest reports, it stands among the top 20 private engineering colleges in India.
- Out of the total 3214 registered eligible students in the six schools of KIIT University, 91% are already placed.
- 229 reputed employers have so far visited the KIIT campus aggregating to 4574 job offers. Moreover, students have bagged multiple job offers.
- The KIIT School of Engineering boasts an impressive record of 92% placement.
- 2700 plus job offers for 2258 B. Tech. students; Over 1400 placed on ‘Day 1’ & ‘Day-Zero’.
- 85% students already placed; 1000 plus students bagged multiple offers.
- 100 plus top-notch companies conducted recruitment drive till date.
- Over 25 companies have confirmed participation in coming months.
- Highest Package offered is Rs. 33 lakhs.
- Average Package offered is Rs. 4.66 lakhs.
- 11 companies offered CTC of Rs. 10.00 lakh or more.
- The 2016 placement season saw a massive 3800 offers on Day 1 by reputed companies and multinationals.
- Accenture was the No. 1 recruiter with 1414 offers, followed by Wipro (899 offers), Cognizant (705 offers), and Infosys (388 offers).
KIIT University uniquely places equal emphasis on academic placement, meticulously grooming interested students for higher studies and actively supporting their efforts to secure admission in reputed institutions. It has tie-ups with 140 reputed universities across the world to facilitate the process. Last year, more than 500 students had been selected in reputed national and international institutions / Universities for higher studies. Students got confirmed offers from top universities in Switzerland, France, Norway, Canada, Poland, and Germany for higher studies courses, including Ph.D.
Students are especially delighted because of the participation by many ‘Dream Status’ companies every year. These companies include multinationals like Amazon, Dell, Envestnet Yodlee, Microsoft, Deloitte, TEK Systems, Mu-Sigma, Nowfloats, VMWare, Directi, Smartprix, Cybage, Zycus, Gyansys, Incture Technologies, CGI, Intel, SAP Labs, Ericsson, Fiat India Automobiles, Barclays, High Radius, Roofpik, HP R&D, Amdocs, ViaSat, etc.
However, it’s not an affair featuring only IT companies. Core companies like Shapoorji & Pallonji, TVS Motors, Tata Technologies, Robert Bosch, Zentron Labs, Windmoller & Holscher India, Elegant Shipping, Schneider Electric, Voltas, Mahindra Comviva, Scope International (Standard Chartered), UX Reactors, Soctronics, Jaro Education, Think & Learn, DEHN India, Honda Scooters & Motorcycles India (HSMI), IOTL, Fiat Chrysler, TIL, Sporasteria, Digichamps, Isuzu, JMC Projects, Tata Housing, Simplex Infrastructure, Global Archer, S M Consultants, Adani Ports, Collebera Technologies, Tube Investment India Ltd, Effectual Knowledge Services, Affine Analytics, Atom Technologies, RSB Group, Usha Martin, Electrosteel have also participated in the past.
KIIT School of Management
KSOM is one of the oldest private B-schools of the country with a glorious past. Many of its students have gone to head companies, start their own venture, or occupy senior management positions in various organizations. It’s one of India’s most premier B-schools and has been consistently ranked as one of the best B-schools of Eastern India, year after year.
KIIT School of Management (KSOM) has a long history of academic excellence, providing industry-focused management education. It was founded in 1993 as Institute of Business Administration and Training (IBAT) with a vision to make it a trendsetting center for business education, where young minds are provided the right balance of classroom learning and practical exposure to turn into successful professionals and inspiring leaders.
Its vision is to create an advanced center of professional learning of international standards where knowledge and excellence shall be relentlessly pursued, unfettered by the barriers of nationality, language, cultural plurality, and religion.
When it comes to Infrastructure, the institute is clearly amongst the best. Compared to many other private Management Institutions, KSOM has a far better infrastructure in every aspect.
Following is a quick summary of infrastructural facilities at KSOM:
- World-class, lush green, fully WIFI campus
- Auditorium for industry talks, student functions, lectures and movie screening
- Well-equipped, dedicated computer lab with all requisite software pre-installed
- Separate boys and girls hostels for all inmates, across all programs
- 4-storied library building with a cache of national and international journals, magazines, books and newspapers
- 12 air-conditioned classrooms with multimedia system and Wi-Fi connection
- One 120-seater Gallery for seminar talks, smaller events
- Gyms, Swimming Pools, Tennis and Volleyball Courts, Hospital, Large Playgrounds as part of the University
Ranking of KIIT School of Management
- 6th in Eastern India & 39th across India as per MBA Universe 2016-17
- 6th in the Eastern India, 39th all India – Times B School Ranking 2017
- 5th in Eastern India, 38th across India, as per Outlook B-School Ranking 2016
- 1st in Eastern India, 14th across India, as per Outlook Money Best MBA Finance Ranking 2016
- 3rd in Eastern India, 45th all India- Career 360 B School Ranking 2016-17
- 5th in East Zone as per Business Today – B School Ranking 2016
- 33rd best Private B School in India, as per Business World Ranking 2016
- 38th all India – NHRDN People Matters B School Ranking 2016
Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS)
Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), a constituent of KIIT University, offers a unique combination of experience and expertise. Located in an ultra-modern and eco-friendly campus, it has two wings – The Hospital and The Medical College (for MBBS & M.D. courses).
A high academic standard is maintained by an experienced and dedicated team of professors, clinicians and scientists, who are engaged in teaching research and developing technologies in health care. The courses are approved by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and the Medical Council of India (MCI). The Medical College has 21 academic departments, providing the study, treatment and prevention of human diseases and maternity care.
Admission to the M.B.B.S. Course is through NEET, an all India entrance test.
The Medical College
Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI)
Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), a constituent of KIIT University, offers a unique combination of experience and expertise. Located in an ultra-modern and eco-friendly campus, it has three wings: The Hospital, the Medical College (for MBBS & MD courses) and Biomedical Technology Unit. The Medical College offers MBBS course at the undergraduate level with an annual intake of 100 students. A high academic standard is maintained by an experienced and dedicated team of Professors, Clinicians and Scientists, who are engaged in teaching, research and developing technologies in health care. The course is approved by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and Medical Council of India (MCI). The Medical College has 21 academic departments, providing the study, treatment and prevention of human diseases and maternity care.
Pradyumna Bal Memorial Hospital
(1500 bedded Multi-specialty Hospital)
Delivering affordable and quality healthcare presents enormous challenges and opportunities in India. The biggest challenge is posed by an acute shortage of healthcare professionals – doctors, nurses and paramedical professionals.
KIIT and its benevolent Founder has made an attempt to address these problems by establishing three Schools, in the name and style of Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Kalinga Institute of Dental Sciences (KIDS) and Kalinga Institute of Nursing Sciences (KINS) along with Pradyumna Bal Memorial Hospital (PBMH), to provide quality and affordable healthcare services to the poor people of the state of Odisha and other states in and around Odisha. With diligent efforts for the last seven years, Pradyumna Bal Memorial Hospital has achieved the distinction of being an excellent and impeccable affordable healthcare service provider in the state of Odisha.
The hospital offers Super-specialty services in a number of disciplines, which include Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pediatrics Surgery, Gastroenterology, Oncology & Onco Surgery, Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery, Urology, Nephrology, Neurology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, etc.
It has 100 air-conditioned cabins, 100 ICU Beds and 50 Pediatric and Neonatal ICU beds with ultramodern ventilator facility. Some other features of the Pradyumna Bal Memorial Hospital (PBMH) include Modern Operation Theatres, 24×7 Emergency (Casualty), 24×7 high-end ambulance service, 8 Computerized Dialysis Machines and 24×7 Blood bank with component separation facility.
The KIIT campus is spread over 25 sq. km. of land that houses 20 wi-fi enabled campuses with a built-up are of 7.5 million sq. feet. All campuses borrow their names from the famous ancient Indian rivers like Krishna, Kaveri, etc. and the buildings are designed in unique architectural styles to complement the beautiful landscape. The KIIT campus boasts of modern lecture theatres, hostels, library, conference halls, convention centre, hospital, bank, post office, and a host of other facilities. The KIIT campus is replete with all modern facilities and state-of-the-art infrastructure to give students a competitive edge.
Given below is a brief snapshot of the various facilities available in the KIIT campus:
KIIT has separate hostels for boys and girls with 24-hour wi-fi and intranet connectivity. Around one third of the rooms in hostels are air-conditioned. There’s a separate international hostel that houses the international students. All the hostels have attached canteens that serve sumptuous Indian and Continental food. Each hostel is equipped with a round the clock reading room and indoor and outdoor sporting facilities.
The KIIT University classrooms are air conditioned and made in keeping with international standards. Various tools and teaching aids like LCD projectors are used to impart education to the 20,000 students enrolled in KIIT University.
Facilities for Meetings & Conferences
The Institute has great infrastructure for hosting national and international level conferences & seminars. The Institute’s Central Convention Centre Complex houses a world-class auditorium with a seating capacity of 1600, apart from a Guest House with 5-star amenities viz. 42 suites, 18 Conference Halls, a 5-acre exhibition ground and banquet hall. Moreover, there are well-equipped conference halls and auditoriums in each campus. The Institute boasts of 20 Open Air Theatres in its campuses with seating capacities from 500 to 50,000.
KIIT’s central library has a collection of over 6.83 lakh books covering different branches of knowledge and over 1.27 books in the electronic form. The library subscribes to 718 print journals (Indian & Foreign) to meet the academic and research needs of the academic community. There are over 28,000 electronic journals and 3.7 million e-theses and dissertations available through the online databases subscribed by the library.
KIIT has infrastructure in place to provide its students with sports, fitness, yoga, gym, and recreational facilities. To meet the medical needs of the residents of its campuses, KIIT has a 1300-bed super speciality hospital attached to the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences. The hospital provides free medical consultancy to the KIIT students.
KIIT has modern labs to which are constantly updated with modern equipment and the latest technology to give its students an edge.
- Sports Complex
- Hospital/ Medical Facilities
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Shuttle Service
- A/C Classrooms
- Convenience Store
In short, KIIT University is an ideal place for your academic pursuits and to achieve excellence.
That’s all you need to know about the KIIT University.
Also read our comprehensive articles on the esteemed SRM University and the Amrita University.