KVPY 2018 Application Form
KVPY 2018 Application form will be made available on the official KVPY website. Candidates must keep in mind that the tentative last date of KVPY applications is 11th August, 2018. Read the entire article to understand the procedure of KVPY 2018 application.
In this article, we’re providing all the relevant information pertaining to the KVPY 2018 Application Form. Let’s start with understanding the steps of KVPY 2018 application procedure.
KVPY 2018 Application Process
The KVPY 2018 Application process consists of four steps. These are as listed below
- Application Form
- Fee Payment
- Application Status
Let’s discuss each of these steps in greater detail.
Step 1: Registration
- Go to the KVPY Official Website.
- Click on ‘Registrations & Applications’. As highlighted in the red box to the right of the following figure.
- You will be redirected to the webpage shown below. Read the general instructions, Tick the confirmation text box & hit the register button.
- Enter your basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Age, E-mail id, the Mobile number for registration, etc. Also select from the drop down menu your class, gender, category & nationality.
- After selecting your class, you’d know what KVPY 2018 streams you’re eligible for.
- You will receive a user id and password on your registered E-mail id and mobile number.
- Please make a note of the user id and password for future reference.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
- Log in with your ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’.
- Enter details such as your personal details, academic details and exam centre preference.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph, signature, Caste/Disability Certificate, etc.
- Click on ‘Preview’ to check all the information before submitting the application form.
- Now click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
Step 3: Fee Payment
- Re-login with your ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’.
- Select a payment mode viz. Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking/ Challan.
- After paying the fees click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- ‘Your Application is under Scrutiny’ message will be displayed on your form.
Step 4: Check Application Status
- Login after two days with your ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’ to check the status of your application.
- You will see the messages ‘Your application is successfully submitted’ or ‘your application has been approved’ on your application.
- Please keep a printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
The fellowship at KVPY doesn’t end with a monthly stipend alone it also brings a guaranteed summer at IISER, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research. The monthly stipend increases if the student pursues basic sciences as a field of study.
KVPY 2018 Application Fee
- Fee for the General/OBC Category candidates is Rs. 1000+KVAT @ 5.5% = Rs. 1055.
- Fee for SC/ST/PWD Category candidates is Rs. 500+KVAT @ 5.5% = Rs. 528.
- The fee can be paid through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking or Challan.
KVPY 2018 Application – Important Dates
Having talked about the KVPY application procedure, let’s check out some important dates related to KVPY 2018 application.
|Application Form Availability||14th July 2018|
|Last date of Application Form Availability||11th August 2018|
|Last Date for Submitting the Form||11th August 2018|
|Admit Card Release||Second week of October 2018|
|Date of Exam||1st November 2018|
|Declaration of Result||First week of December 2018|
The detailed instructions for KVPY applications can be downloaded here. It’s recommended to go through theses instructions carefully before applying for the exam.
KVPY Exam Pattern
KVPY 2018 like previous KVPY exams will be conducted stream-wise. Following are the streams with distinct syllabus
- Stream SA
Let’s discuss the pattern for both these streams
KVPY Exam pattern – Stream SA
For this stream the paper consists of two parts – Part I & II. All sections in both papers are compulsory to attempt. The questions are of multiple choice type. The entire test is of 100 marks.
|Section||Part 1 No. of Questions||Part 2 No. of Questions||Total Marks|
KVPY Exam pattern – Stream SB/SX
For this stream the paper consists of two parts – Part I & II. All sections here are not compulsory to attempt. In Part I, candidates can choose to attempt any 3 sections. In Part II, candidates can attempt any 2 sections of the 4 sections asked. The questions are of multiple choice type here as well. The entire test is of 100 marks (60 + 40 marks).
|Section||Part 1 No. of Questions||Part 2 No. of Questions||Total Marks|
One of the good ways to get yourself acquainted with KVPY exam pattern is through the KVPY mock tests. Let’s talk a bit about those.
KVPY Mock Tests
Computer based mock tests can be taken by the KVPY aspirants online. Here’s how they can be taken
- Access the official KVPY Mock tests login page
- KVPY committee has already provided with login as ‘KVPY’ & password as ‘KVPY’ (both without the inverted commas)
- Candidate must enter the login ID & password provided above to take these tests as shown in the form below
- After logging in candidates are sent to a view shown below. Candidates must change options as shown below – Language of their choice (i.e. Hindi or English). Click the check box confirming that the details are correct. Hit on the continue button under this check box.
- A page showing general instructions will appear. Candidates must confirm that they understand the instructions. Candidates must hit the ‘Start Exam’ button as shown in the figure below.
- The KVPY mock test shall begin
KVPY 2018 Application helpdesk
For any queries pertaining to KVPY 2018 application form, candidates can call on 080 – 22932975/76, 080- 23601008 & 080 – 22933536. Candidates can also email at [email protected] The phone numbers will be available to respond to queries between 10:00 AM & 5:00 PM on working days (Saturdays & Sundays are holidays.)
KVPY Application FAQs
Q. 1 When can I get the application form?
Ans. KVPY application forms will be made available online during 1st/2nd week of July, 2018. Candidates must keep checking the official KVPY website regularly.
Q. 2 When should I submit application form?
Ans. KVPY Application last date will be released along with the KVPY 2018 application advertisement.
Q. 3 Can I apply offline?
Ans. There is no offline KVPY 2018 application form. Forms are made available only in online mode.
Q. 4 The file size of my documents vis-a-vis Photograph/signature/caste certificate exceeds the limit mentioned in the online application form. What should I do?
Ans. Size limits are sacrosanct and if not met the application procedure can not be completed. Candidates must compress and upload the documents.
Q. 5 What is the syllabus for the aptitude test ?
Ans. There is no prescribed syllabus for the KVPY test. The test aims to test the understanding and analytical ability of the students rather than their factual knowledge. One can say that the candidates are tested for the syllabus up to class X/XII/1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. as applicable.
The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a program started in 1999 by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India to encourage students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research career in Science. The aim of the program is to identify and encourage talented and motivated students to pursue a career in research. DST has entrusted the overall responsibility for organising and running the KVPY Program to the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISC).
KVPY aims to assist the students to realize their potential and to ensure that the best scientific talent is groomed for research and development in the country. Generous fellowship and contingency grant are provided to the selected KVPY Fellows up to the pre Ph.D. level or 5 years whichever is earlier. In addition, summer camps for the KVPY Fellows are organized in prestigious research and educational institutions in the country.
We certainly hope you get it! Keep reading Bytes for more important updates.