What is Law School Admission Test, India?
The Law School Admission Test – India, also known as LSAT India, gets conducted by Pearson VUE on behalf of Law School Admission Council (LSAC). It is responsible for offering admissions to the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes including BA LLB, B.Sc LLB, B.Com LLB and LLM programmes. The national-level law entrance exam gets conducted for admissions to over 85 law schools.
Exam name – Law School Admission Test for India
Abbreviated as – LSAT India
Exam type – Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Exam level – National
Exam mode – Paper-pencil (Offline)
Total number of participating institutes – 85+
LSAT-INDIA Application Details
- Firstly, candidates have to register for the LSAT-India Application.
- Students then need to give a valid e-mail id and set up a password for the LSAT-India account.
- After the registration is done, candidates can apply after logging into the account to fill up LSAT India application form.
- Then, you need to fill up details like name, parents’ name, date of birth and contact details as well as educational qualification.
- Mark your preference of colleges from the list given in the LSAT-India Application Form.
- In the last page of the LSAT-India Application Form, you then have to read the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Yes, I declare that I have…’ check-box that is given and then click on the ‘Submit Application’ button.
- You will see a confirmation message that gets sent on your registered e-mail Id for LSAT India application form submission.
- Lastly, remit an application fee of INR 3800 LSAT-India either in online mode or offline mode.
LSAT-INDIA Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants need to have qualified Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate or equivalent examination from 10+2 education system.
- The minimum qualifying marks are different for participating law schools of LSAT India.
- The age criteria for law programmes are also set by different colleges.
LSAT India 2018 Admission Process
Pearson VUE administers LSAT India for admissions into Indian law schools. The process of the LSAT India 2018 admission started with the notification of the law school admission test on October 3. The LSAT India application form also started on October 4, 2018. First, there was an entrance test, and then the LSAT India 2018 was conducted on May 20, 2018, in order to shortlist candidates among those who will be applying for LSAT India 2018. Depending on the results of LSAT India 2018 and the scores the candidates, more than 85 Indian law schools would be preparing a merit list for admitting the qualifying students.
LSAT India Admit Card 2018
Pearson VUE officially announced the LSAT India 2018 admit card on May 11. The applicants would be able to download their admit card of LSAT India 2018 till May 19 by logging into their registered accounts of law school admission test. The LSAT India admit card is nothing but a hall ticket for appearing in the law school aptitude test. LSAT India 2018 admit card (hall ticket includes details such as the exam name, exam duration, programme level, timings and venue apart from the roll number, name and date of birth of the candidates. In a situation wherein a candidate finds a mistake in their LSAT India admit card 2018 details, they need to immediately inform the exam officials and get it rectified. Applicants would not be allowed to give the admission test without a valid LSAT India 2018 admit card.
LSAT India Exam Pattern 2018
USA based LSAC declared the exam pattern of LSAT India 2018, which mentions that all the students would be examined as per their thinking skills; therefore, there would be no questions to assess any prior legal knowledge or mathematical skills or updates on general knowledge and current affairs.
LSAT India 2018 was held on May 20. The offline question booklet included 100 questions of objective (multiple-choice) nature. The applicants had the chance to attempt the LSAT India 2018 questions in a time period of 140 minutes where they had to mark the most suitable choice among those given against each question. The Pearson VUE administered entrance exam was responsible for covering three parts– Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension. The Logical Reasoning section was further separated into two parts. Every section had to be attempted in a time frame of 35 minutes. None of the candidates are allowed to attempt the question of other sections, after or before the beginning of the respective section. There was absolutely no negative marking for any wrong answer, so it was advised not to leave any question unmarked. Additionally, candidates need to keep in mind that there were no breaks given during the time limit of 140 minutes of the LSAT India 2018 offline test.
- On behalf of LSAC, Person VUE sends the scores of the candidates who have appeared for the test in LSAT-India to the associated colleges.
- More than 85 law schools participating in LSAT-India take in students as per their respective admission procedures.
- The LSAT-India percentile scores are thus the only basis for attending the counselling of LSAT-India conducted by the law schools on their part.
- Students are given a list of colleges where they can participate in the counselling process after the LSAT-India Results are announced.
- Each and every law school comes with its own counselling procedure for the LSAT-India admissions.
- The counselling admissions through LSAT-India scores are valid only for a single academic year.
LSAT India Participating Institutes
Pearson VUE has announced over 85 law schools as participating institutes of LSAT India 2018. The admission test scores will be accepted by these LSAT India 2018 participating institutes.
|Alliance School of Law, Alliance University||Bangalore|
|ITM Law School||Gurgaon|
|School of Law, Ansal University||Gurgaon|
|AURO University, School of Law||Surat|
|Jindal Global Law School||Sonipat|
|School of Law, Gitam University||Visakhapatnam|
|Central India College of Law||Nagpur|
|JSS Law College||Mysore|
|School of Law, K. R. Mangalam University||Gurgaon|
|College of Legal Studies||Dehradun|
|K.L.E. Society’s Law College||Bangalore|
|School of Law, Noida International University||Noida|
|Faculty of Law, ICFAI University||Dehradun|
|Faculty of Law, ICFAI University||Gangtok|
|Faculty of Law, ICFAI University||Jaipur|
|ICFAI Law School, IFHE||Hyderabad|
|MATS Law School, MATS University||Raipur|
|School of Law, Sharda University||Greater Noida|
|G H Raisoni Law School||Nagpur|
|Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, IIT Kharagpur||Kharagpur|
|VIT Law School||Chennai|
|Chotanagpur Law College||Ranchi|
To read more such interesting articles, stay tuned to Toppr.