Maharashtra SSC Result 2018
All the Maharashtra SSC Board students who were anxiously waiting for Maharashtra SSC result 2018 were relieved when the Maharashtra SSC Class 10th results declared today i.e. 08th June 2018 at 11:00 am. This result is usually declared every year in the first week of June.
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) conducted the Class 10 examination from 1st March to 24th March 2018 at 4728 Centers across the state. The result will be available on the official website at 1:00 pm.
The Class 10 results play an important role in everyone’s life as they help students decide which stream they want to pursue out of Arts, Science and Commerce. The general pattern is that the higher scoring students opt for the Science stream whereas the others either take up Commerce or Arts, depending on their interest. In this article, we’re discussing all that you need to know about the Maharashtra SSC class 10th results including the past statistics, how to check the results online, and much more.
So read on!
Maharashtra SSC Result 2018 Details
Check out the current status of the Maharashtra 10th class result for the year 2018:
- Name of Board – Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
- Name of Exam – Secondary School Certificate (SSC) Annual Examination
- Exam Date – 1st March to 24th March 2018
- Result Status – Declared
- Result Date – 08th June 2018
Maharashtra SSC Class 10th Results 2018 – How to Check?
This year the passing percentage as per the Maharashtra Board SSC Result 2018 is 89.41%. The district of Konkan tops the 96% passing percentage while Nagpur is at the least with 85.97%.
Steps to check the Maharashtra SSC result 2018 Online
- Open the official Maharashtra board website
- Click on the SSC 10th board results link labelled as ‘SSC Examination Results March 2018’.
- Provide your enrolment/roll number & Mother’s first name. Hit the ‘View Result’ button.
- Your results will be displayed on the screen.
- It is advisable to keep a screenshot or a copy of your results in some other format since these will be required in future.
Steps to Check the Maharashtra SSC result 2018 on Phone
The results can also be checked via SMS. Here’s the procedure to get the results on the phone for different mobile operators.
- The BSNL users can type the SMS (MHSSC <Space> <Seat No.>) and send to short code number 57766.
- The Idea, Vodafone, Reliance, and TATA Docomo users can type SMS (MAH10 <Space> <Roll Number>) and send it to short code number 58888111.
- The Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, and Aircel users can also Dial USSD Code *588# to get result via SMS.
Important Instructions About the Maharashtra SSC Result 2018
- While checking the result, enter the necessary details like your roll number, personal details, etc. carefully on the website.
- You should save the Maharashtra SSC Results 2018 on your computer for offline viewing.
- The copy of the result should be preserved for future reference in case of any discrepancy.
- The Maharashtra SSC 2018 online result can be used as a provisional result by schools for admission purposes.
- Please keep in mind that you can’t use the Maharashtra SSC Result 2018 in place of the original mark sheet.
- You must collect the original mark sheet from your respective schools after the declaration of the results.
- Candidates who are not satisfied with their result may apply for reevaluation.
Maharashtra SSC Result 2018 Reevaluation Procedure
The students who are not satisfied with their Class 10 results may apply for verification of marks. For verification, the students need to submit self-attested copies of their mark sheets within ten days of the declaration of the results i.e. from 14th June to 23rd June 2018 along with fees for the same. To obtain a photocopy of their answer sheets, students have to apply between 14th of June to 3rd of July 2018.
If a student wants to apply for the reevaluation of the answer sheet, he/she has to first apply for a copy of their answer sheet. Once the copy is received, students can apply for reevaluation from the next day to a maximum of five days of the receipt of the photocopy. The students who wish to apply for Class Improvement Scheme (CIS) in order to improve their scores will get two opportunities to do so in the July-August 2018 supplementary exams and in the March 2018 Board exams. Forms will be available online from June 19 for those students who have not qualified the March 2018 examination or wish to take the Class Improvement Scheme (CIS) in the July-August supplementary exam.
Maharashtra SSC Result 2017 Analysis
|Year||No. of Candidates Appeared||Passed Candidates (%)||Boys (%)||Girls (%)|
Performance of the students in the boards is generally measured from the view of the overall pass percentage in the exams. For the year 2017, this number dropped to 88.74 % from previous year’s 89.56 % in Maharashtra SSC result 2016. Out of the 16,50,499 fresh students who registered for the Maharashtra SSC result 2017, 16,44,016 students actually appeared for the exams, out of which 14,58,855 students have passed.
Girls have given a better performance with an overall pass percentage at 91.46% compared to the 86.51% amongst the boys. Of the 1,13,120 candidates who were repeating their exams, only 47630 managed to pass. This is a pass percentage of a little over 42%. Many students have scored a perfect score of 100% in their SSC class 10th results. Sanika Ranade and Amoli Borse scored a perfect 100%. Both these girls are residents of Mumbai.
This year, the proportion of top scorers has gone down. Unlike 2016, when the number of students scoring above 90 percent had increased (except in Mumbai), this year the number has dropped. Also, many students were awarded extra awards to the tune of 10 to 25 marks for cultural activities. Both Amoli and Sanika secured the extra marks in Dance and sports category.
Talking about the year 2014, approximately a total of 2, 45,120 candidates had appeared in the examination. The overall passing percentage of the students then in 2014 was 86%. In comparison compared to the last year, 90% candidates got qualified for the examination in 2015. Coming to last year, in 2016, total 4, 09, 492 candidates had given the examination out of which 93% candidates cleared the examination. This year, more than 17.66 lac students have appeared for the examination out of which 7, 76, 190 are girls and 9, 89, 908 are boys.
Region-wise Performance of the Candidates in Maharashtra SSC Result 2017
For your benefit, we’ve put together the division-wise performance and pass percentages of students from all over Maharashtra. The following table highlights the performance of the fresh candidates this year.
Region-Wise Performance of the Candidates (Fresh)
|Division||No. of Candidates||Pass Percentage|
Region-Wise Performance of the Candidates (Repeater)
|Division||No. of Candidates||Pass Percentage|
Division-Wise SSC Students in Maharashtra
Take a look at the number of students who have appeared for the Maharashtra SSC exam 2017 across each of its 9 divisions:
|Division||No. of students who have appeared for the Maharashtra SSC exam 2017|
Maharashtra SSC Class 10 Supplementary Result 2017
The Maharashtra State Class 10 Supplementary Examination 2017 was conducted in the month of July 2017. The examination was for those students who were unsuccessful in clearing the main SSC examination conducted in the month of March 2017. It was an opportunity for the failed students to improve their scores in some subjects.
A total of 1,25,620 students registered for the Class 10 supplementary examination out of which 1,24,723 students appeared for the exam. Out of all the candidates who appeared for the examination, 20,116 boys and 10,372 girls cleared the Maharashtra Board SSC Class 10 Supplementary Examination. The girls once performed better than the boys and scored a 28.25 pass percentage while the boys secured a 22.86 pass percentage in the supplementary examination.
Among all the divisions, Nagpur secured the first place with the highest pass percentage of 31.10. Total 4832 students, 2773 boys and 2059 girls, qualified the examination out of the 15,538 students who appeared for it. Nasik stood at the second place with 29.46 pass percentage.
Steps to Check the Maharashtra SSC Class 10 Supplementary Result 2017
· Navigate to the Official Result Page of MSBSHSE.
· Enter your roll no. and security code.
· Now, click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
· Your result will be displayed on the computer screen.
· Download your result and take multiple printouts for future reference.
The students who are not satisfied with their Maharashtra SSC Class 10 Supplementary Results may apply for reevaluation or re-totalling between the prescribed time frame of August 30 and September 8. The students have to pay the requisite fee to their respective board office and attach a printout or a copy of their mark sheets.
Maharashtra SSC Result 2016 Statistics
Let’s take a look at the statistics of the Maharashtra SSC 2018 results to help us view this year’s results in the right perspective. In 2016, a total of 1607411 candidates had registered themselves for the Maharashtra SSC Board Examination. Out of the total 1607411 registered candidates, 1601406 appeared for the examination. A total of 1434143 qualified the examination and the overall pass percentage for the Maharashtra SSC Result 2016 which was declared on 6th June 2016 was 89.56%.
The girls outdid the boys and secured a cumulative pass percentage of 91.41%. However, the boys were not left far behind and managed a cumulative pass percentage of 87.98% in the Maharashtra SSC 2016 Results. The Konkan region of Maharashtra was the best performing region with a pass percentage of 96.56%.
The table given below highlights the region-wise performance for Maharashtra SSC Results 2016:
|Division||Registered Candidates||Pass Percentage|
Maharashtra SSC Results Past Trends
The table given below shows us the past pass percentages for the last four years.
|Overall Pass Percentage||88.32||91.46||89.56||88.74|
|No. of Students Registered||15,55,984||15,77,303||16,07,411||Over 17 Lakh|
|No. of Students Appeared||15,49,784||15,72,268||16,01,406||17,66,098|
From the above table, we can observe that girls have always performed better than the boys over the last four years. The overall pass percentage has gone done slightly from the year 2015 and the pass percentage for boys also displays a slightly downward trend.
SSC Class 10th Results – Grading Criteria
For the SSC examinations, the Maharashtra Board follows an 80-20 break-up of marks between External & Internal exams. A candidate must score a minimum of 35% marks in each subject to pass in the Maharashtra SSC examination. In Mathematics & Science which have a maximum mark of 150, a candidate must score at least 52 marks to be able to pass the examination. Talking in terms of grades obtained, a candidate must obtain a ‘C’ to pass the examination. Here’s how Maharashtra SSC examination grading goes with percentage marks obtained
|Grade Obtained||Marks Secured/Meaning|
|C||35% – 44%|
Admissions to Class 11
One you qualify your Class 10 examination, you’ve to decide which stream to pursue in Class 11. Remember the following instructions for admission to Class 11:
· Your Class 10 results play an important role in your future choices about studies. Based on your Class 10 results and depending on your interest, you may opt for Science, Commerce, or the Arts streams.
· Many students also take up diploma courses after their Class 10.
· Ensure that you collect your original mark sheet from your school, preserve it carefully and make multiple copies of the same.
· For admission to Class 11, you will need your Class 10 mark sheet, transfer certificate, passing certificate, and any other documents prescribed by your School/Institution.
Things to Keep in Mind for Class 10 Students
It is important to go through the following useful instructions for 10th class students:
- Please remember that the result of 10th class examinations plays a vital role for future studies.
- If you manage to pass with a good score in these exams, you will get many options to choose from such as Science, Arts, Commerce, etc.
- You can also opt for diploma courses as per your interest.
- When you’re checking the result, you need to fill in the required details like roll number & other details carefully on the website.
That’s all for Maharashtra SSC 10th Results 2018 for now. Hope you enjoyed reading this article and found it useful.