No matter how much you think you hate school, you’ll always miss it when you leave. The School is where you forge lifelong friendships and bonds. Through the establishment of a daily routine, schools help shape your overall personality and make you productive members of the society. Most of us cherish those nostalgic school memories for a lifetime. But while you’re in school you always eagerly await the weekends to get a break from the classroom routine. Generally, schools allow you a two-day break every week to rejuvenate yourself and gear up for Monday. Wouldn’t it be best to make your weekends productive !?
Most students just while away the weekend break instead of utilizing it for self- improvement or learning something new. In this article, we’ve put together some fun ideas and activities on how to make your weekends productive when you’re going to school on weekdays.
Here’s how you can make weekends productive when you’re going to school on weekdays.
- Group Studies: Firstly, you must ensure that you make a timetable for subjectsto be studied on each weekend. You can make it exciting by studying with your friends and have fun snack breaks. Make a list of the doubts so that you can ask your teachers in the classroom. Apart from this, it would beneficial to look up what is going to be taught in the coming week and take a quick look at the topics to be prepared beforehand. These small exercises will help you stay organized and manage your time efficiently.
- Physical Activity: However, weekends shouldn’t be all about studies. Why not go swimming, skating, jogging, walking, cycling or play a game of tennis with friends for some time in the morning? Such activities not only make you physically fitter but also help make stronger bonds with your friends and make new friends.
- Stay Updated: You can use the weekends to stay abreast of current affairs. Make a habit of reading newspapers and informative magazines to understand what’s happening in the world around you. Staying in the know of things also helps build your confidence and increase your general knowledge and understanding of things.
- Pursue Hobbies or Interests: Remain active by taking up hobbies like painting, dancing, singing or sports as they are the best way to stimulate creativity and imagination. You can also join a weekend personality development class or an acting workshop to lose inhibitions, gain confidence at public speaking and improve your body language. Such added skills help shape your personality and have far-reaching effects in your personal and professional interactions. There are many other courses or hobbies that you can pursue such as cooking, knitting, music lessons, etc.
- Write a Journal: The most successful people in history kept journals. The list includes Theodore Roosevelt, Winston Churchill & Oscar Wilde to name a few. Journal writing relieves stress, encourages meditation on your life, and makes you more aware of what is happening around you. Just writing what you are thankful for can make you a happier person. If you’ve had a stressful week, write a journal entry this weekend. The results may surprise you.
- Spend time with Family: If you like going out, plan a family dinner at a restaurant. If you’re an indoor person, then you can play indoor games, or help your parents in cleaning the house. If there are relatives you have not met in a while, just go and meet them.
- Alone Time can make your weekends productive: If you’re feeling too lazy to go out and want just some ‘me’ time, pick up a good book or a novel. Books by great authors like Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, PG Wodehouse, Agatha Christie, etc. not only promise a great read but also improve your knowledge of written English.
- Surf the Web: Hungry for knowledge? What better source of information than the internet? Whether it’s about making an electromagnet or understanding the French revolution, there is so much to read and learn online. Just make sure that the internet and TV time doesn’t make you a couch potato.
Lastly, get a good night’s sleep! It has multiple benefits such as improving your memory, sharpening attention, lowering stress, better immunity, etc. The best-performing students maintain a seven to eight-hour sleep schedule.
We hope you enjoyed our tips on how to make your weekends productive when you’re going to school on weekdays. Follow these tips and they will certainly help you become a topper in the long run. Here are some more habits of toppers that you must start imbibing!
Happy weekend 🙂