Manipal University Admission 2018:
One of the very well known universities in the entire of India, Manipal University is now inviting applications for admissions for the MBA programme (Masters in Business Administration). Let us look at all the important details related to Manipal University Admission 2018.
The following programs are offered for the session of 2018-2019
- Human resource
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in Global Business
All the above programs are from the Manipal University, School of Management. The duration of all the above programs is that of 2 years when studying a full-time course.
The faculty, including the professors and teaching assistants at this university, employ a wide range of educational enhancements to improve the course for the students, making it easier for them to learn the concept and understand, rather than memorizing the entire lesson.
Some of these pedagogic features include:
- Group Discussions
- Case Discussions
- Video analysis
- Role Plays
Each program in the MBA course provides its students with a large variety of career prospects in the following domains:
- BFSI (Banking, Financial services, and insurance)
Manipal University Admission 2018: Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for the above course at Manipal University, the following criteria have to be met in order to obtain admission:
- All students must have a bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized University with a cumulative score of 50% or above.
- All students must have a legitimate test score in any of the All India Management Tests like:
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test)
Which students can apply?
It is due to citizenship problem that admissions are affected. These two are mainly:
- Foreign/NRI (Non-Resident Indians)
All Indian nationals are qualified to apply under the general category while the Foreign/NRI category is eligible to foreign nationals, non-resident Indians and Indian nationals supported by NRI relatives living in the country.
All students can qualify under either of the two categories but not in the case of both.
In the case where a student applies under both of the above categories, the application will be processed under the General category only and not the Foreign/NRI one.
Manipal University Admission 2018: Selection Procedure
All students will be preferred for admission on the foundation of their past academic record, management test score, and presentation in the GD and PI (Group Discussion and Personal Interview) respectively.
- Entrance Examination
All the applications would be processed as and when received and selected students would be called for both a group discussion and personal interview (GD and PI) of which there may be more than one round of discussion and interview.
- Merit List (for the General Category)
All students will be shortlisted for the admission process on the foundation of their past academic record, management test score, and performance in the group discussion as well as the personal interview as mentioned in the above paragraphs.
- Foreign/NRI Category
A separate and different merit list of all the students that fall under the Foreign/NRI category will be made depending on the scores received in the qualifying examination and those shortlisted for admission will be told separately.
Course Fee Structure
An Indian MBA degree costs an approximate of 686000 INR, while on the other hand, an international degree of the same course costs 24500 US Dollars, which when converted to Indian Rupees is an approximate 1590540 INR.
Please bear in mind the following:
- Fees are absolutely permissible to change without any prior notice.
- The fees at the time of admission are the definite fees payable.
- In the case of any difference in opinions, it will be put right under the University rules and policy regulations.
- Along with the payment of the above fees, a caution deposit (which is fully refundable) is to be paid of 10000 INR for the General Category while for Foreign/NRI Category, 200 USD will have to be paid alongside with the first-year course fees. Please note, 200 USD comes to an approximation of 1300 INR.
Manipal University Admission 2018: Process of Application
Online admissions are now available at the official website of Manipal University, www.manipal.edu, all students, as well as interested candidates, are encouraged to sign up as soon as possible.
Please note, separate forms are available for both the General category as well as the Foreign/NRI Category.
An application Fee of 2000 INR as well as an Entrance test fee for the chosen course has to be paid through:
- credit card
- debit card
- net banking
- Demand Draft
If the method of payment is a Demand Draft, then a Demand Draft of 2000 INR has to be made in favor of:
Manipal University, payable at Manipal or Udupi and is to be sent to the following address:
Director, Indian Admissions, Room No. 102, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka-576104 (India)
Some important dates to keep in mind
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 11th May 2018
Date of Commencement of Program: 10th July 2018
1st Round of GD & PI: 04th February 2018 (Sunday, Reporting 09.30 A.M.)
School of Mgt., Near 10th Block Hostel, Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) Campus, Manipal
To know further details about Manipal University application form, visit here.