About MHT CET 2018:
The Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) for admissions into the first year of B.E/B. Tech programme. MHT-CET will be conducted for all Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy degree courses for the academic year 2018-2019 on 10th May 2018.
MHT CET 2018 Exam Pattern:
MHT CET 2018, is a common entrance test, the examination has been divided into three papers. Candidates applying for a particular course are required to appear for a specified set of papers. Provided below is the distribution of subjects and their marks in various papers:
|Paper||Subject||MCQ||Mark per question||Total Marks|
|Paper II||Biology (Botany)||50||1||50|
- Health Science and BVSc AH candidates are required to attempt Paper I and Paper II.
- Engineering candidates are required to attempt Paper I and Paper III.
- Pharmacy candidate are required to attempt Paper I and Paper II/Paper III.
MHT CET 2018 Important Dates:
|Online registration and Application||18th January to 25th March 2018|
|Online Registration & confirmation with late fees||26th March to 04th April 2018|
|MHT CET Admit Card Availability||24th April to 10th May 2018|
|MHT CET 2018 Exam||10th May 2018|
|Submission of certificates/ documents||02nd week of May|
|Online display of Question Paper Booklets (all versions)||Last week of May 2018|
|Online Display of Provisional Keys (all versions)||Last week of May 2018|
|OMR Answer Sheets availability||Last week of May 2018|
|Last date of Online submission of objections on Question Paper/Answer Key/Typographic errors||Last week of May 2018|
|Result / Marks Declaration||03rd June 2018*|
|MHT CET 2018 counselling||First week of June 2018|
Important things about MHT CET 2018:
- Duration of Paper: Each paper will have a duration of 1.5 hours.
- Marking Scheme: The marking scheme as per each question of different subjects are provided in the above table. Moreover, there is NO NEGATIVE marking in case of an incorrect answer.
- Mode of Examination: The only mode of the examination provided in MHT CET 2018 is pen and paper (P&P), in which the candidates are required to mark their responses on an OMR sheet.
- Language of examination: The MHT CET 2018 question papers will be available in English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The Mathematics paper will only be available in English.
- Syllabus for MHT CET 2018: The syllabus for MHT CET 2018 will be based on the lines of current year HSC Examination of Maharashtra HSC board. The subject-wise links HSC Examination have been provided below:
- Physics: https://mahahsscboard.maharashtra.gov.in/hsc_syllabus_pdf/h54.pdf
- Chemistry: https://mahahsscboard.maharashtra.gov.in/hsc_syllabus_pdf/h55.pdf
- Biology: https://mahahsscboard.maharashtra.gov.in/hsc_syllabus_pdf/h56.pdf
- Mathematics: https://mahahsscboard.maharashtra.gov.in/hsc_syllabus_pdf/h40.pdf