The Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) will be conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) for first year B.E/B. Tech programme. MHT-CET is conducted for all Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy degree courses for the academic year 2018-2019. The exam is scheduled for May 5, 2018.
About MHT-CET 2018( Then and Now): There had been several changes for admission in technical and medical institutions of Maharashtra in the past few years. For MBBS admissions, MH-CET was conducted; MHT-CET was conducted for admissions in Pharmacy courses. And engineering admissions were based on the combined performance in JEE Main and 12th board examinations. This year, it has been decided that the state shall hold a single Common Entrance Test known as MHT-CET for engineering, pharmacy and medical admissions.
- Applicants, who wish to appear for MHT-CET 2018 are required to have passed 10+2 from any recognized Board in India.
- The candidates are required to have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Minimum marks requirement for SC/ST/OBC candidates is 45%.
- The candidates of Maharashtra must have obtained a positive composite score (Combination of JEE Main 2015 and Boards Marks).
MHT-CET Examination Pattern:
- Distribution of marks would be as follows:
- Physics: 50 marks
- Chemistry: 50 marks
- Mathematics: 100 marks
- Biology: 100 marks
- Further information such as marking scheme, duration of examination, etc will be provided when the brochure gets released.
MHT-CET Application Form:
MHT CET Application Form will be available for both engineering and medical aspirants. The details will be provided as soon as the brochure gets released.
MHT-CET Merit List:
Separate Merit List will be made for the applicants of MHT-CET engineering and MHT-CET medical. Merit list for engineering will be based on the performance in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics while Merit list for medical applicants will be based on their performance in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Merit list for pharmacy applicants will based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology papers.
MHT-CET Admit Card:
Admit card will be available to the applicants who fill the application form on time. The admit card can be downloaded from the website that will be published in the information booklet.
MHT-CET Tentative Time-table:
Based on the past years timeline,following timetable has been made to ensure that an aspirant does not miss any of them.
- Availability of application form: First week of March(expected).
- Last day for candidates to submit application form: Last week of March(expected)
- Availability of the link to download admit card: Last week of April( expected).
- Date of Examination: 5 May 2018 (announced)
- Provisional answer key to be published : Third week of May(expected).
- Checking of OMR sheets by the candidate: Last week of May (expected).
- MHT-CET results declaration: First week of June(expected).
MHT-CET Important Links: