The Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) is an autonomous Board of the Government of Maharashtra. MSBTE designs and implements diploma, post diploma and advanced diploma programs to affiliated institutions. The Board conducts examinations for assessing the performance of students enrolled for a diploma, advanced diploma and post diploma courses. MSBTE was formed in August 1963 and gained an autonomous status in 1999. MSBTE conducts summer and winter examinations. While summer examinations are held in April- May, the winter exams are held during November/ December months of the year. MSBTE offers more than 160 Diploma courses in the State of Maharashtra and over 20 institutes are affiliated to the board.
In this article, we bring you all that you need to know about MSBTE.
History of MSBTE
The establishment of a separate board responsible for higher education dates back to 60 years. Before the country’s independence from the British Raj, the diploma courses in Engineering and Technology were provided by institutions like the College of Engineering, Pune, Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai, Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology, Pune, and Government Polytechnic, Nagpur. A Directorate of Technical Education was set up in 1948 to control technical education at all levels. With industrial development, the demand for diploma courses also went up, and the government established a separate Board of Technical Examinations in August 1963.
MSBTE was established to ensure that the Diploma level Technical Education constantly matches the latest requirements of Technology and industry and includes the all-round personal development of students including social concerns.
Main Functions of MSBTE
- Design and develop the curricula of Diploma, Post Diploma, and Advanced Diploma Programs.
- Grant affiliation to the Institutes running MSBTE’s programs.
- Conduct academic monitoring of the affiliated institutions, through Curriculum Implementation and Assessment Norms (CIAAN).
- Organize Faculty Development Training Programs e.g. content updating training, soft skills training, industrial training, management training, hands-on skills training for polytechnic teachers.
- Grant equivalence to the programs offered by autonomous polytechnics & other organizations.
- Conduct examinations, declare results and award certificates.
- Recommend opening of Diploma level Technical Institutions, variation in intake capacity, and closure of the institutions.
- Felicitate the State level rank holders and award certificates of Merit.
- Prescribe standards for curriculum, infrastructure, and other resources.
- Generate question papers through Question Banks.
- Design and develop curricula of need-based Diploma programs.
- Develop Lab Manuals, CAI Packages, Textbooks, and other learning resource packages for an effective teaching-learning process.
- Revise the curricula of the existing programs periodically on a scientific basis by conducting search conferences, studying technological advancements, latest market requirements, job analysis, etc.
- Undertake controlled academic autonomy projects of the Polytechnics outside Maharashtra State.
- Undertake external projects, consultancy and other assignments related to examination system and technical education.
- Organize Career Fairs to promote technical education especially in remote places.
- Organize MSBTE State level technical competitions e.g. Students Paper Presentation, Technical Quiz, etc.
- Issue Scholarships to the needy and meritorious students.
- Conduct Online MSCIT Examinations.
Academics at MSBTE
MSBTE offers a variety of courses to provide high-quality technical and managerial manpower, information and consultancy services to the industry and community to enable the industry and community to face the challenging technological & environmental changes.
Listed below is the exhaustive list of the course names along with their duration.
|Architecture Assistantship||3||Vocational Diploma in Electrician||2|
|Civil Engineering||3||Vocational Diploma in Fitting||2|
|Civil Engineering||4||Vocational Diploma in Hotel & Catering||2|
|Civil & Rural Engineering||3||Vocational Diploma in Machinist||2|
|Construction Technology||3||Vocational Diploma in Painting||2|
|Civil Eng. (Sandwich Pattern)||4||Vocational Diploma in Plumbing||2|
|Chemical Engineering||3||Vocational Diploma in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning||2|
|Chemical Engineering||4||Vocational Diploma in Turning||2|
|Chemical Technology||3||Vocational Diploma in Welding||2|
|Plastic Engineering||3||Post Diploma in Computer Application||1.5|
|Computer Engineering. (Ind. /Int.)||4||Advance Diploma in Cyber Security Management||1|
|Computer Technology||3||Post Diploma in CAD/CAM||1|
|Computer Engineering||3||Advance Diploma in Computer Software System Analysis & Application||1|
|Information Technology||3||Advance Diploma in Computer Techniques.||1|
|Computer Engineering||3||Post Diploma in Computer Maintenance Engineering||1|
|Computer Engineering (P.T.)||4||Diploma in 3D Animation & Graphics||2|
|Computer Science & Engineering||3||Advance Diploma in Embedded Systems||1|
|Digital Electronics||3||Diploma in Computer Hardware & Networking||1|
|Electronics & Communication Eng||4||Advance Diploma in Information Technology||1|
|Electronics & Communication Eng (Industry Integrated)||4||Certificate Course in Information Technology||1|
|Electronics Eng. (Industry Integrated)||4||Advance Diploma in Fire Safety and Industrial Environmental Engineering||1|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||3||Advance Diploma in Industrial Safety and Security Management||1|
|Electronics||3||Post Diploma in Fire Engineering||1|
|Electronics & Communication Eng||3||Diploma in Fire Service Engineering||2|
|Electronics & Video Engineering||3||Advance Diploma in Fire Safety Engineering||1|
|Electronics Engineering||3||Advance Diploma in Fire and Security Management||1|
|Industrial Electronics||3||Advance Diploma in Industrial Safety||1|
|Industrial Electronics||4||Post Graduate Diploma in Apparel and Merchandising||1|
|Industrial Electronics (Sandwich Pattern)||4||Advance Diploma in Business Administration System||2|
|Medical Electronics||3||Advanced Diploma in Business Processing Outsourcing Operations||1|
|Electronics Engineering||3||Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management Science||2|
|Electrical Engineering||3||Advance Diploma in Business Management Sciences.||2|
|Electrical Engineering||4||Advance Diploma in Call Center Management||1|
|Electrical Power System||3||Advance Diploma in Executive Business Studies||1|
|Instrumentation||3||Advance Diploma in Export Import Management||1.5|
|Instrumentation & control||3||Advance Diploma in Family Managed Business||1|
|Automobile Engineering||3||Advance Diploma in Natural Resources & Management Restoration & Sustainable Development||1|
|Fabrication Technology||3||Advance Diploma in Retail Management||1|
|Mechanical Engineering||3||Advance Diploma in Apparel and Merchandising||1|
|Mechanical Engineering||4||Advance Dip. In Export-Import Management||1|
|Mechanical Eng (Sandwich Pattern)||4||Diploma in Beauty Culture And Hair Dressing||2|
|Mechanical Eng (Industry Integrated)||4||Post Graduate Diploma in Beauty Culture And Hair Dressing||1|
|Machine Tools & Maintenance Engineering||4||Advance Diploma in Beauty Culture And Hair Dressing||1|
|Plant Engineering||3||Post Graduate Diploma in Blood Bank Technology & Management||1|
|Production Engineering||3||Advance Diploma in Blood Bank Technology & Management||1.5|
|Production Technology||3||Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics||1|
|Production Tech (Sandwich Pattern)||4||Diploma in Dental Technology||2|
|Packaging Technology||3||Diploma in Hemodialysis Technician||1.5|
|Fabrication Technology & Erection Eng (Sandwich Pattern)||4||Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.||1.5|
|Fabrication Technology & Erection Eng (Sandwich Pattern)||3||Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician||1.5|
|Metallurgy||3||Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Business Management||1|
|Mining Engineering||3||Post Graduate Diploma in X-ray and Radiography and Ultra Sonography Techniques||1.5|
|Mining & Mine Surveying||3||Post Graduate Diploma in Radiotherapy Tech.||2|
|Printing Technology||3||Advance Diploma in Technical & Analytical Chemistry||1.5|
|Printing Technology||4||Advance Diploma in Pharmaceutical Business Management||1|
|Fashion & Clothing Technology||3||Advance Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.||1.5|
|Dress Designing & Garment Manufacturing||3||Advanced Diploma in Dietetics||1|
|Garment Technology||3||Advance Diploma in Blood Bank Technology & Management||1|
|Knitting Technology||3||Advance Diploma in X-ray and Radiography and Ultra Sonography Techniques||1.5|
|Man-made Fibre Manufacturing||3||Advance Diploma in Radiotherapy Tech.||2|
|Man-made Textile Technology||3||Advance Diploma In Medical Imaging Technology||2|
|Man-made Textile Chemistry||3||Advance Diploma in Front Office Management & Tourism||1|
|Textile Manufactures||3||Diploma in Maritime Catering & Hotel Management||2|
|Textile Technology||3||Advance Diploma in House Keeping||1|
|Textile Manufactures||3||Diploma in Hotel Operation||1.5|
|Food Technology||3||Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management||1.5|
|Leather Goods & Footwear Tech.||3||Post Graduate Diploma In Social Communications Media||1|
|Leather Technology||3||Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism||1|
|Marine Engineering||4||Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management||1.5|
|Travel And Tourism||3||Advance Diploma in Travel & Tourism||1|
|Hotel Management & Catering Technology||3||Diploma in Dress Designing & Manufacturing||2|
|Surface Coating Technology||3||Diploma in Fashion and Textile Designing||3|
|Rubber Technology||2.5||Post Diploma in Automobile Engineering||1.5|
|Pharmacy||2||Post Dip. in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning||2|
|Pharmacy(*)||2||Advance Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics||1|
|Architecture||5||Post Dip. in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning||1.5|
|DIPLOMA IN AGRICULTURE ENGINEERING||3||Advance Diploma in Clinical Research||1|
|Post Diploma in Fire Safety and Industrial Environmental Engineering||3||Diploma in Digital Photography & Digital Graphics.||2|
|Medical Laboratory Technology||3||Advance Diploma in Energy Management & Audit.||1.5|
|Advance Diploma in Environmental Architecture||1||Advance Diploma in Energy Management & Audit.||1|
|Diploma in Interior Designing and Decoration||2||Post Diploma in Foundry Technology||1.5|
|Diploma in Interior Designing and Decoration||3||Post Graduate Diploma in Fermentation and Distillery and Wine Technology||2|
|Post Diploma in Interior Designing & Decoration||1||Advance Diploma in Geo-Information||1|
|Advance Diploma in Landscape Architecture||2||Post Diploma in Paper Technology||1.5|
|Advance Diploma in Project Management in Building Construction||1||Advance Diploma in Robotics And Automation||1.5|
|Vocational Diploma in Automobile||2||Post Graduate Diploma in Sugar Chemical Control||1|
|Vocational Diploma in Building Construction||2||Diploma in Stenography & Secretarial Practice||2|
|Vocational Diploma in Carpentry & Interior Decoration||2||Diploma in Fruit Processing & Wine Technology||2|
|Vocational Diploma in Fashion Technology||2||Advance Diploma in Sugar Chemical Control||1|
MSBTE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Any Indian national who has passed tenth standard (Class 10) exam of Maharashtra State Board or its equivalent with an aggregate of 35 percent marks and with subjects of English, Mathematics and General Science is eligible to get admission into the first year DTE diploma courses by MSBTE.
MSBTE Summer Exam 2018: Important Dates
MSBTE is well-known for nurturing and shaping the lives of a large number of diploma graduates every year. The board offers diploma courses for all aspiring students of Maharashtra, candidates who have completed their class 10, are eligible for applying to MSBTE. The board uses English as its official language, follows strict rules in a disciplined atmosphere, and has over 20 diploma colleges as its affiliates. Candidates can join MSBTE through a certain process conducted by MSBTE officials.
The official MSBTE summer examination 2018 timetable is given below:
|Last Date for Online Application||January 2018|
|Hall Tickets Download||19th March 2018|
|Date of Examination||12th April- 5th May 2018|
|Result||End of May/First week of June|
|Allotment of Colleges||In the month of July|
|Commencement of session||Yet to be declared|
The MSBTE exam timetable can be downloaded from msbte.com.
Important Points about the MSBTE Exam Timetable
- Candidates can view the timetable at the MSBTE exam timetable link on the official website.
- The MSBTE examinations are scheduled for all days excluding 4th Saturday, Sundays, and Holidays.
- Examination of different semesters scheduled on the same day but in different slots shall not be considered as a clash.
How to get MSBTE Diploma Results 2018
For checking he MSBTE Diploma Result 2018, you can visit the official website and download the scorecard. Here is a step-by-step guide for the MSBTE Diploma Results 2018:
- Login to the official website of MSBTE – http://msbte.org.in/
- Fill in the requisite details from your MSBTE Admit Card
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- You will see the MSBET 2018 Result on the screen.
- Download the scorecard.
- Take a printout of the result for future reference.
MSBTE Summer Results 2018: Points to Remember
- In the case of any discrepancy in the certificate of marks, you must report the same to the head of the Institution.
- The students whose results are held reserved should contact their Institute.
- The students declared Failed/ATKT/FT/Not eligible for next semester, may apply for verification and/or photocopy & reassessment.
All the polytechnic institutes in Maharashtra are currently affiliated to MSBTE, and 43 are Government Polytechnic institutes in this list.
- Government Polytechnic, Mumbai
- M.H. Saboo Siddik, Byculla, Mumbai
- Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Polytechnic, Chembur, Mumbai
- V.E.S. Polytechnic, Chembur, Mumbai
- Government Polytechnic, Pune
- Vidya Prasarak Mandals Polytechnic, Thane
- Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology, Pune
- Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli
- Government Polytechnic, Karad
- Government Polytechnic, Kolhapur
- Institute of Civil and Rural Engineering, Gargoti
- Government Polytechnic, Ratnagiri
- Government Polytechnic, Solapur
- P.L. Government Polytechnic, Latur
- Government Polytechnic, Dhule
- Government Polytechnic, Jalgaon
- Government Polytechnic, Aurangabad
- Government Polytechnic, Nanded
- Government Polytechnic, Khamgaon.
- St John College of Engineering and Technology, Palghar
- SSVPS College of Engineering and Polytechnic, Dhule
- Mandar Education Society, Maharashtra
- Sandip Polytechnic, Nashik
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: I have passed diploma, where can I get Diploma Certificate?
Ans: The Diploma Certificates are issued after completion of the process of reassessment. The information of the students whose certificates are issued to the Institute through the Regional Offices is displayed on the website. Till then provisional certificates hold good.
Q2: How can I apply for reassessment?
Ans: After the result is declared, the schedule for applying for reassessment is displayed on the website. You have to apply within the specified schedule only. You can apply for the reassessment of maximum two theory subjects only, of which the photocopies have been obtained.
Q3: What is the rule of ATKT?
Ans: If a student fails in not more than 1/3 (One-Third) subjects, his result status is ATKT. These subjects are passing heads, for which minimum passing marks are to be obtained. Sessional is not passing head, as there is no condition of minimum marks to be obtained to pass. (Minimum marks are “00”). Thus if there are seven subjects to pass, the maximum number of failure subjects allowed to avail ATKT status is 7/3=2. Hence, a student should pass in minimum FIVE subjects (Refer Examination regulation RG-2D).
Q4: What is the rule for awarding class for Diploma in Engineering?
Ans: Normally, the class for Diploma is awarded on the aggregate marks obtained at pre-final and final semester both taken together, i.e. for three years Diploma Course, the class is awarded on the aggregate marks obtained at 5th semester and 6th semester taken together, irrespective of the class awarded at individual semester.
Q5: I’m married, how do I change my name on the mark sheet and certificate?
Ans: If you are married after the last examination of Diploma, no change in name can be made. If you are married during the course of your studies and apply immediately, the new name shall appear on the backside of mark sheets and certificate duly signed by the authority.
That’s all you needed to know about MSBTE. We hope this informative article clarifies your doubts and helps you in making an informed decision about your career choice.
Learn about the top 10 engineering colleges in India.