All You Need to Know About the National Aptitude Test (NAT)
NAT is a Common Entrance Test for students at the Under Graduate (NAT-UG) and the Post Graduate (NAT-PG) levels for fulfilling the entrance qualification requirements of different Universities and Higher Education Institutions on a common platform, thereby enabling candidates to access admission option to various Professional, Vocational, Management and Allied programmes like BBA, BCA, etc. at the Under Graduate and MBA, MCA, etc. at the Post Graduate levels. The Conducting Authority for National Aptitude Test is Society for Research & Development in Education (SRDE), New Delhi.
The NAT Bulletin each year carries the list of Institutions, which accept NAT scores for admission into their UG and /or PG programmes. The system facilitates itself as a Common Entrance Test for Institutions which wish to admit them on the basis of this exam.
NAT is a valid, objective, transparent, and secure testing system conducted in the paper-pencil format each year for different Higher Education Institutions. NAT (Paper-pencil mode) was first held in 2005. NAT scores are accepted in the Participating Institutions who have registered with SAHEI, as detailed in the NAT bulletin for the respective year. The applicant scores will be supplied to the respective opted-participating institutions. The students may be asked by the concerned Institution to appear for counselling, group discussion etc. to be fully satisfied of his or her potential for the programme concerned, before actually offering admission.
NAT 2017 Application Form
The Application Procedure for NAT starts with the Online Registration on the official website. The applicants are required to fill in some basic details like their and their parents’ names, contact details and 10+2 examination result. The JEE Main score is also required to be inserted. The code displayed has to be typed in by the applicant and “Submit” has to be clicked.
The Application Form and the Attestation Form has to be downloaded from the same link. Their online application is designed for registration to courses at APIIT SD INDIA, Panipat. The applicants are required to send the filled Application Form along with a Demand Draft of INR 700/- in favour of “APIIT SD INDIA”, payable at Panipat.
NAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- To apply for the B.Tech. courses, the applicants must have passed their 10+2 Examinations from any accepted Board/University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with either Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Computer Science.
- She/He must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category i.e. SC category) in the above subjects taken together.
- The applicants who have scored over 40 marks in JEE Mains will be eligible for the 1st Counselling, subject to Online Registration on http://www.apiit.edu.in
- For the Lateral Entry to B.Tech., applicants must have passed their Diplomas in Engineering/Technology course of a duration of 3 years or more from an AICTE accepted Institution with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category i.e. SC category).
- They must have passed their B.Sc. Degrees of minimum 3 years duration from recognized Universities as defined by UGC, with Mathematics as a subject, with 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category i.e. SC category) marks.
NAT Exam 2017 Important Dates
- Date for online registration for the application form : September 2016
- Last date for fetching application form : May 2017
- Date for conducting test : June 2017
- Date for first counseling and start up of the admission test : June 2017
- Result declaration : June 2017
- Date for beginning of the classes: July 2017
NAT 2017 Syllabus
- Units and Measurement
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia
- Oscillations & Waves
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Currents
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Ray Optics
- Wave Optics
- Solids and Semi-Conductors Devices
- Complex Numbers
- Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem and Its Applications
- Sequences and Series
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Two Dimensional Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Numerical Methods
NAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The NAT Examination consists of 100 multiple choice questions. 50 questions will be asked on Mathematics and 50 will be asked on Physics. The duration of the paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Every correct answer will fetch 3 marks and 1 mark would be deducted for an every incorrect answer.
After the declaration of the results, the 1st Counselling will be scheduled approximately 10 days later. Admissions will begin simultaneously.
List of Test Centers for NAT 2017
Stay tuned with Toppr for more such information and updates!