Almost every AIPMT aspirant starts preparing for the competitive entrance examination right from the beginning of Class XI. For the next two years, students devote their efforts in studying for AIPMT. Even school teachers vouch for the fact that NCERT books-based study is enough for getting through the boards examination successfully. But same cannot be said for the students who are appearing for AIPMT. Though NCERT books form the foundation of preparation for AIPMT, students frequently wonder – Is NCERT enough for AIPMT 2018?
NCERT enough for AIPMT?
Undoubtedly, NCERT books give an excellent head start for AIMPT preparation. In fact, NCERT are the best when it comes to understanding concepts as it covers all the relevant topics. NCERT books contain scientifically designed course material and these books must be constantly referred to throughout classes XI and XII. But concluding that these books by NCERT enough for AIPMT would be harsh. Here are some pointers that will help you to decide what course material to include while preparing for AIPMT:
- The NCERT books follow the same curriculum as prescribed by CBSE for AIPMT, thus students consulting NCERT books always have an edge over the students who do not read NCERT books.
- Apart from NCERT books there are several other reference books that can be consulted for AIPMT preparation. Since AIPMT is an objective type paper, students need to practice solving MCQs. The aspirants must refer to practice books that contain ample number of objective type question banks for practice. These books test AIPMT preparation through objective questions and help students learn to arrive at a prompt answer.
- In addition to this, students must solve lots of previous year AIPMT sample papers to get a complete idea of pattern, type, and the way questions are framed in AIPMT.
- The students must not hesitate from referring to guide books if some concepts, especially in Physics, need more deliberation. They need to practice solving mock question papers given at the end of these books to fine- grain their AIPMT preparation.
- Some coaching classes provide excellent coursework for AIPMT preparation which can be referred to in conjugation with NCERT books.
In order to launch a comprehensive AIPMT preparation, students must embark with NCERT books as the base course material but they must dwell upon further by referring to other reference and competitive exam books recommended by experts or school teachers.
Refer this article to know about “The best books for AIPMT aspirants.“