The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the prestigious institution where cadets of all three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force are trained together before they go on to further respective services.
For the selection of deserving candidates, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts and supervises NDA Entrance test two times every year consisting of a written test including general aptitude and follow up personal interviews, team skills, psychological testing and medical testing. Every year NDA exam is conducted in two phases i.e. NDA I and NDA II.
NDA II Result 2017:
For the year 2017, the final result of NDA II has been declared on May 9, 2018. The final NDA II result has been declared online in the pdf format which contains roll numbers of all qualified candidates. The final list comprises the list of students who have qualified the SSB round which includes personality and intelligence tests.
Candidates are shortlisted for SSB if they qualify the written examination which was held on September 10, 2017, for the year 2017. The result of written examination also can be checked on the official website of UPSC which was declared on November 1, 2017.
|Sr No||UPSC NDA 2 events||Important Dates|
|1||NDA (II) written exam||September 10, 2017|
|2||NDA 2 result of written exam||November 1, 2017|
|3||NDA SSB tests 2017||January to April 2018|
|4||NDA (II) final result 2017||May 09, 2018|
How to check NDA II Result 2017:
The result of NDA is announced online. Candidates can check their result by following the given steps.
Step 1: Vist the official website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Step 2: Click on the NDA II result option in the final results section i.e http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams-related-info/final-result
Step 3: A PDF file comprising of roll numbers will appear on the screen.
Step 4: Search for your roll number in the list manually or press Ctrl+F and enter your roll number the search box.
Step 5: If you can find your roll number in the list then you have qualified the examination.
After the declaration of result, qualified candidates have to submit the requisite certificates in support of date of birth and educational qualifications etc. claimed by them, directly to the Additional Directorate General of Recruiting, Adjutant General’s Branch, Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Army), West Block No. III, Wing-1, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 wherever this has not already been done and NOT to U.P.S.C.
NDA Previous Years Cutoff:
NDA-1 (Max Marks:900)
NDA-2 (Max Marks:900)
(With at least 30% marks in each Subject)
(With at least 25% marks in each subject)
(With at least 25 % marks in each Subject)
(With at least 20% marks in each
|2017||342 (25% sectional cut off)||Update soon|
NDA Important Dates 2018:
|Events||NDA I Dates||NDA II Dates|
|Notification Issue Date||15th January 2018||6th June 2018|
|Application Form Release Date||15th January 2018||6th June 2018|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||5th February 2018 (6:00 PM)||2nd July 2018|
|Admit Card Issue Date||27th March 2018||August 2018|
|Exam Date||22nd April 2018||9th September 2018|
|Result Declaration Date||July 2018||November 2018|
- The student must be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal and a subject of Bhutan.
- Or an Indian origin person who has shifted from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and East African Countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, and Ethiopia or Vietnam and now permanently settled in India.
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the idea of permanently settling in India before the 1st January 1962.
- Gender & Marital Status: Only unmarried male students are eligible to apply.
- NDA-1 Age Limit: Students age must lie between 2nd July 1999 to 1st July 2002.
- NDA-2 Age Limit: Students age must lie between 2nd January 2000 to 1st July 2003.
- For Army Wing: Students must pass 10+2 or equivalent exam from the State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy: Students must qualify for the 12th or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics subjects.
- Students must be physically fit as per the norms prescribed by National Defence Academy and Naval Academy.
- Students have to clear the medical examination organized by the Military Hospital.
NDA 2018 Exam Pattern:
|General Ability||02||2.5 hours||600|
- The examination will be conducted in two phases of 2.5 hours each.
- The questions asked in the exam will be of objective type only.
- Paper 1 with code 01 will be of Mathematics of maximum marks 300.
- Paper 2 with code 02 will be of General Ability of maximum marks 600 which comprises:
- Part A (English) Maximum marks – 200
- Part B (General Knowledge) Maximum marks – 400
General Knowledge Maximum Marks Physics 100 Chemistry 60 General Science 40 History, Freedom Movement 80 Geography 80 Current Events 40
NDA 2018 Question Paper Pattern:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Marks for each correct answer||2.5 for Maths, 4 for English, 4 for G.K.|
|Negative marks for an incorrect answer||-0.83 for Maths, -1.33 for English, -1.33 for G.K.|
|Marks for a question left unattempted||0|
Instructions for candidates applying for NDA 2018 Examination:
- The applicants are advised to submit an only single application.
- In written examination, while marking the answer, the candidates must use only black ball pen. Don’t use with any other color pen.
- Candidates should now that there will be a negative marketing in the objective type question paper.
- Women candidates are being considered only for Short Service Commission at OTA. They should indicate OTA as the only choice.
- In the online application form, the candidate should carefully choose the center for the examination.
- Candidates will be informed of the timetable and or examination place or candidates should note that no request for change of center.
- A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
Books To Prepare For NDA:
|Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination National Defence Academy / Naval Academy Conducted by UPSC|
|General Science Guide for Competitive Exams – CSAT / NDA / CDS / Railways / SSC / UPSC / State PSC / Defence|
|Geography And Environment MCQs 1500+Q: Useful For IAS / PCS / NDA / CDS / SSC|
|Objective General Knowledge & Current Affairs level 2 for UPSC / IES / State PCS / CSAT / Bank PO / NDA / CDS / MBA Exams|
|NDA / NA Practice Papers Conducted by UPSC|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations|
|Mathematics for NDA and NA|
This was all about NDA II 2017 result and about NDA 2018.
Best of luck!