The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET is an entrance examination for students who wish to study any graduate medical, dental or postgraduate course in government or private medical colleges in India. In this article, go through the NEET 2018 important dates, so that you don’t miss out on any of the important events of NEET 2018.
NEET 2018 Important Dates
Candidates are requested to make a note of the below listed NEET 2018 important dates so as not to miss out on any critical event.
HOW TO REGISTER
Students who satisfy the eligibility criteria can proceed with the registration process. This is an online process that has to be done via the official NEET website http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/welcome.aspx
For ease of understanding, the registration process can be broken into four sub-segments:
- Select the Apply Online button on the left side from the menu options
- Read the instructions and then click on Proceed to Apply Online
- There are 2 options that get populated – Select the appropriate one and proceed
- Apply, if registered in AIPMT-16/NEET-I
- Apply, if not registered in AIPMT-16/NEET
- For any new candidate, there is an undertaking – Read what it says and then select the I Agree option
- Fill the details in the registration form – Input basic information such as name, contact details, parents/guardian details, academic details, qualifying examination details etc.
- After filling all the details, select either of the below options and proceed –
- Next: a pop-up appears asking to review the information updated
- Reset: takes the candidate back to modify details
- Before selecting the ‘Final Submit’ option, review if all the details are accurate; if not select the ‘Back’ button and make the necessary changes
- A Registration Number gets generated and should be noted for future reference
Upload Scanned Images
Candidate needs to upload the below mentioned (taking into account the size limitation)
- Most recent color Photograph
- Impression of the Right hand index finger
- After the images are uploaded, the link to pay the exam fee appears
- Choose the Bank name for making the payment
- Pay the fee as applicable and select the Go for Payment option
- Candidate can pay the fee through Debit/Credit Card/e-challan/Net Banking/e-wallet
- Those candidates submitting the fee through E-Challan, can deposit in any of the branches of SBI, Syndicate Bank, HDFC or ICICI
- A confirmation page appears along with the details of the fee paid and a copy of this needs to be retained
HOW TO LOGIN
The purpose of creating a NEET Login ID is to enable the candidates to log back in later to edit the Application form, or request a resend of their Admit Card or NEET 2018 Application Form. This login ID is the key to the entire information that a candidate may have submitted on the NEET website. Hence care should be exercised while creating the ID and password. As with the registration process, this can also be viewed as 4 sub-segments:
- Username: This can be a max of 50 characters and should be alphanumeric. Spaces or special characters are not allowed.
- Password: This must be 7-20 characters long and contain at least one alphabet and one numerical character. The password must be safely secure, for confidentiality of the candidates’ information.
- Secret reminder question: For one to create a login ID, choosing a security question is a must. This question would serve as a reminder to help the candidate retrieve the username and password in case forgotten.
- Agreement: As always, there are terms and conditions before one proceeds. Read the T&C before you agree.
Furthermore, as we all must be aware, passwords should be secure and at the same time something that we (only we!) can easily recall. However, despite best efforts if a situation arises where the candidate may have forgotten the password or the user id or both, then not to panic. In the official NEET login page, there are options to reset the password, using your mobile or email with the help of OTP or the secret question.
Cutoffs of previous years
Cut-off is the lowest possible marks that a candidate must score to qualify the NEET examination. This is decided by CBSE on the basis of availability of seats, number of applicants and difficulty level of the paper. On the basis of cut-off marks, the merit list will be drawn and NEET Counselling will be done.
Tabulated below is the Overall NEET 2016 Cut-off (Category wise)
This was all about NEET 2018 important dates, cutoffs and registration. Find some of the crucial topics for NEET 2018 in this article.