In view of the coronavirus pandemic, we are making LIVE CLASSES and VIDEO CLASSES completely FREE to prevent interruption in studies

NEET 2018 Cutoff and Home State Quota:

First round results of NEET 2018 counselling have been declared. Here’s the rank wise college allotment for round 1 of NEET counselling.

The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (or NEET) is a test conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admission into MBBS/MDS courses into medical/dental colleges across the country. It is common practice to think about cutoffs, ranks, and scores. If you’re wondering what kind of scores and ranks will get you to your desired college, we can help you with making an intelligent guesstimate of the NEET 2018 cutoff.

The cut off mark for 15% quota of seats across the country would be around 505 to 515.15. However, what does this 15% represent? It means that each state’s medical college has around 15% of the seats reserved and filling these seats doesn’t require you the state to be domicile to you. The remaining 85% have a separate state quota. These seats are filled by those candidates that are domicile – resident – to the respective state. Also, these seats have their own respective quotas and may vary from state to state but it is usually around 500 to 510.

In the year 2017, the cutoffs were as follows –
For MBBS, the cutoffs were 492 (Unreserved), 492 (OBC), 358 (SC), 303 (ST)
For BDS, the cutoffs were 478 (Unreserved), 478 (OBC), 345 (SC), 290 (ST)

In the year 2016, the cutoffs were as follows –
For MBBS, the cutoffs were 506 (Unreserved), 506 (OBC), 383 (SC), 336 (ST)
For BDS, the cutoffs were 490 (Unreserved), 490 (OBC), 373 (SC), 324 (ST)

The above cutoffs are for the top 15% for the all-India NEET seats category.
It is observed that most of the medical colleges in bigger cites and metropolises get their seats filled first. Also, medical and dental colleges in the north get filled first before those in the south not because the colleges in the north are in some way better than their cousins in the south but because many states in the north use the NEET state quota to fill 85% of their seats.

As of the year 2017, the top 10 colleges with the highest cutoffs were as follows – Maulana Azad Medical College (New Delhi), Vardhman Mahaveer Medical College (New Delhi), University College of Medical Sciences (New Delhi), Lady Harding Medical College (New Delhi), IMS BHU (Varanasi), Seth G.S. Medical College (Mumbai), Government Medical College (Chandigarh), King George’s Medical College (Lucknow), Grant Medical College (Mumbai), and SMS Medical College (Jaipur)

The same pattern followed for the year 2017 too.

Check out the most desired colleges of 2018 in this article.

Shock your Mom with more marks than she expected

Get access to 300,000+ questions curated by India’s best academic experts.

No thanks.

Request a Free 60 minute counselling session at your home

Please enter a valid phone number
  • Happy Students


    Happy Students
  • Questions Attempted


    Questions Attempted
  • Tests


    Tests Taken
  • Doubts Answered


    Doubts Answered