NEET 2018 Login:
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET is the country’s sole medical entrance examination, through which all medical colleges, run by the central and state governments, as well as private institutions and minority institutions, will admit students. NEET 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in the month of May. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only.
This article will guide you through the NEET 2018 login process. Read on!
NEET 2018 Login
In order to apply for NEET 2018, candidates need to visit its official website. Important instructions before you apply for this test:
- Please keep necessary documents for payment ready. Candidates can either go with online mode of payment or offline mode of payment. In case you are going with online payment then you must have debit card/credit card.
- Candidates can also make necessary payment in offline mode through challan at bank or e-post office.
- Application form once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
Find a step-by-step guide to fill the NEET 2018 application form here.
Create a NEET 2018 Login ID
The purpose of creating a NEET 2018 Login ID is to enable the candidates to log back in later to edit the Application form, or request a resend of their Admit Card or NEET 2018 Application Form. This login ID is basically the key to your entire information bank on the NEET website. Care must be taken to choose your NEET 2018 login ID carefully.
- Username: Must be a combination of alphanumeric characters (letters and numbers) and must have NO spaces or special characters. The maximum length allowed is 50 characters. You must make sure to make a note of this, or probably choose a username that you would not easily forget.
- Password:Must be 7-20 characters long and contain at least one alpha and one numerical character. This password must be safely secure with you so that it remains confidential.
- Secret reminder question: For one to create a login ID, choosing a security question is a must. This question is basically a reminder question to help you retrieve the username and password in case you forget it. Since this question is extremely important, you must choose a very strikingly important question the answer to which will always be in your memory but also be confidential to you.
- Agreement: As always, you must agree to the terms and conditions before you proceed. It is always appreciated if you go through them!
For security reasons, the following points must be kept in mind:
- Confidentiality of Password is solely the responsibility of the candidate and all care must be taken to protect the password.
- Candidates must take the printout of the Confirmation Page.
- For security reasons, after finishing your work, kindly Logout and close all the windows related to your session.
- Candidates are advised to keep changing the Password at frequent intervals.
For future login, you can visit the official NEET 2018 website and head over to Candidate Login and enter your Login ID and Password.
In the situation when you forget your password, you can do the following:
- Visit the NEET 2018 Login page and select Forgot Password.
- You will be provided with three choices to proceed with the password resetting process:
- Through OTP on your registered mobile
- Through security question
- Else if you’ve forgotten your mobile and Email ID too, select the third option.
- Next, you are supposed to enter details such as Registration No., Candidate Name, Date of Birth.
- After you are done authenticating yourself based on whichever method you selected, you will be guided to entering a new password.
Important Dates for NEET 2018
The application procedure of NEET 2018 will begin tentatively in the month of December 2017. Candidates can check below for the important dates of NEET 2018:
|NEET 2018 Application Form available||First week of December 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form (without late fee)||Last week of December 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (without late fee)||Second week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form (with late fee)||Last week of January 2018|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||First week of February 2018|
|Admit Card Release Date||First week of April 2018|
|NEET 2018 Exam Date||First week of May 2018|
|Result Declared||First week of June 2018|
|NEET Counselling||After Result Announcement|
Syllabus for NEET 2018
|S.No.||CLASS XI||CLASS XII|
|1.||Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|3.||Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|4.||Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|5.||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|7.||Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|8.||Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|9.||Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|10.||Oscillations and Waves|
|S.No.||CLASS XI||CLASS XII|
|1.||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|2.||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|3.||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|4.||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|5.||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|6.||Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7.||Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|8.||Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|10.||s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|11.||Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|12.||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13.||Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|16.||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|S.No.||CLASS XI||CLASS XII|
|1.||Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|2.||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|3.||Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|4.||Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5.||Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
NEET 2018 has separate seats allotted for Medicine and MBBS, and a different division for national and state counseling. There are over 600 colleges under NEET 2018 for MBBS. To know the institute-wise distribution for NEET 2018, you can visit the links here and know the exact seats allotted. The National and State counseling seat distribution are as follows:
MBBS Seats distribution State-wise
|S.no.||State||Number of colleges offering MBBS||Number of Govt. Colleges||Number of Private colleges||Seats in Govt. Colleges||Seats in Private colleges||Total number of seats|
NEET 2018 Cutoff
NEET 2018 cut off score is based on many factors such as number of seats, number of candidate’s applied for the exam, marking scheme and difficulty level of the test etc. Based on NEET cut off 2018, the exam conducting authority, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will declare the NEET 2018 result for candidates as qualified or non-qualified. Further, the top 15% scorers among the qualified candidates will be directly eligible to participate in NEET counselling process under 15% All India Quota seats.
NEET 2017 Cut off marks
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/ Other backward classes||40th percentile|
|Physically handicapped||45th percentile|
The NEET 2018 Registrations open soon. We’ll keep you posted at Toppr.
Find some tips and tricks to crack NEET 2018 here.
All the best!