NIOS Online Admission 2018:
NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS offers students flexibility in terms of their educational pursuits –if someone has dropped off regular studies for some reasons, they can continue their education via Open Schooling. Students from any background and any region of the country can continue their education with this board. Open schooling allows one to take direct examinations in Class X provided one has a basic elementary education or class XII provided they have passed a Class X examination or the equivalent of the same. NIOS provides learning material for students aimed to help them self-study. Interested candidates seeking to take admission in Class 10th or Class 12th can fill up the form online on or before the last date for enrollment. In this article, read in detail about NIOS online admission 2018.
Educational Qualifications required for enrolling in the Open schooling system
For NIOS online admission 2018:
To be eligible to be admitted to Class X, candidates need to have an attested certificate of having passed class VIII. Attestation needs to be done by a gazetted officer.
Candidates need to be 14 years old by July 2018.
To be eligible to be admitted to Class XII, candidates need to have passed the secondary exam, i.e., standard X examination.
Candidates need to be 15 years old by 31st July 2018.
Open Basic Education courses
NIOS has started Open Basic Education courses in keeping up with the spirit of Education for All. The program is divided into the following groups, based on age differences:
- Those with age less than 14 years
- Those with age more than 14 years
The Open Basic Education program has three levels. Level 1 corresponds to Class 1-3. Level 2 corresponds to Class 4-5. Level 3 corresponds to Class 6-8.
For Class X and Class XII, NIOS conducts the exam twice a year, once around April/May and then again in October/November.
NIOS has four streams to get online admissions. Stream 1 is common for all learners. Block 1 admissions happen between March to July, Block II admissions happen from September to January.
NIOS Online Admission 2018 Application Fee (Without Late Fee)
For Male candidates, the fees are Rs.1485/- for Secondary Class X & Rs.1650/- for Sr. Secondary Class XII courses.
For female candidates, the fees are Rs.1210/- for Secondary Class X & Rs.1375/- for Sr. Secondary Class XII courses.
This is Rs.990/- for Secondary Class X & Rs.1075/- Sr. Secondary Class XII for candidates from SC/ST backgrounds and candidates with physical disabilities.
Rs. 150 per subjects (X, XII) is charged as Fees for transfer of credits.
Validity of Admission
A learner’s admission is valid for five years. For Public Examination at the Secondary and the Senior Secondary level, a learner may take nine or fewer chances to successfully complete the course during the validity period of admission.
Cancellation of Admission
- Your admission will be cancelled
- If the admission form is incomplete,
- If the fee paid is short,
- If the supporting documents are not complete,
- If false documents have been submitted,
- If required educational qualifications are not fulfilled,
- If the minimum age criteria is not fulfilled,
- If incorrect or wrong information is given,
- If the Secondary examination is not passed from a recognised board.
- if residential proof is not attached.
Note: Admission once cancelled will not be re-considered and fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Admission Forms received without supporting documents will be rejected and fee will not be refunded.
Offline application form
Students can apply for NIOS board in offline mode also. To apply for offline admissions at NIOS check the procedure below –
- You’ll be directed to a new page with Offline application form link.
- You need to click on this link and download the application form (for the convenience of students, we have provided the offline application form link below).
- After downloading the application form, students need to fill it in their own handwriting completely and affix the photograph and sign at the specified spaces.
- You need to enclose the filled in application with required documents and Demand Draft and send it on the address mentioned below –
The last dates for admission to April 2019 courses via NIOS Online Admissions is 31st July 2018. For applications from 16th March 2018 to 31st July 2018, there is no late fee and normal fees may be paid. From 1st August 2018 to 15th August 2018, additional late fees of Rs. 200 will be levied. From 16th August 2018 to 31st August 2018, additional late fee of Rs. 400 will be charged. From 1st September 2018 to 15th September 2018, additional fee of Rs. 700 will be charged.
|For October 2018 session, the last date for application is||31-January-2018|
For applications from 16th September 2017 to 31st January 2018, there is no late fee and normal fees may be paid. From 1st February 2018 to 15th February 2018, additional late fees of Rs. 200 will be levied. From 16th February 2018 to 28th February 2018, additional late fee of Rs. 400 will be charged. From 1st March 2018 to 15th March 2018, additional fee of Rs. 700 will be charged.
Candidates can also appear for NIOS on demand Examination system where they can select the dates of the exam provided seats are available on selected days of every month and appear for the exam. Results are made available within 45 days.
NIOS Online Admission After Last Date:
|16-September-2018 – 31-JANUARY-2019||NORMAL FEE|
|1-February-2019 – 15-February-2019||Late Fee = Rs. 200|
|16-February-2019 – 28-February-2019||Late Fee = Rs. 400|
|1-March-2019 – 15-March-2019||Late Fee = Rs. 700|
How To Apply for New Admission
- Visit www.nios.ac.in via Internet Browser.
- Online admission option is available on the top left side.
- Click continue after selecting the desired course and stream.
- Create a new account for yourself.
- A confirmation email will be received on the email id provided.
- Clicking the confirmation link in the email will activate the account.
- NIOS admission page will be redirected.
- All the details need to be filled correctly.
- Click next after this.
- Upload all the corresponding documents and click submit.
- Take a printout of the Successful Registration screen which appears.
- This is the receipt of online admission in NIOS. Click Next after this.
- Online payment options will be visible.
- Take a demand draft form fees print, or pay online.
- Send the demand draft if you’re paying by that means to the proper address.