NSTSE stands for National Level Science Talent Search Examination. A student of any class who achieves 100% marks is awarded a prize of Rs. 2,00,000. If no student achieves this, then the student who achieves the highest percentage of marks among all the classes is awarded Rs.1,00,000. It is conducted by the Unified Council, a professionally managed progressive organization, with an objective to identify and nurture the best brains or the young science virtuosos of the country. In this article, find out all you need to know about NSTSE Exam Pattern!
- NSTSE is based on the CBSE syllabus
- The question papers are also suitable for students following ICSE/ISC and various other state board syllabi.
- Students of classes 2 to 10, Class 11 (PCM), Class 11 (PCB), Class 12 (PCM), Class 12 (PCB) are eligible to participate in this examination.
|Class||No. of Questions||Marks|
|4th-12th||100 each||100 each|
NSTSE Exam Pattern: Marks Distribution
Classes 4 and 5
Classes 6 to 10
Classes 11 and 12 (PCM)
Class 11 and 12 (PCB)
Important Dates for NSTSE
NSTSE Selection Process
- The NSTSE exam is conducted at two levels
- Level 1 is conducted at the schools and at some selected test centers.
- The top 500 participants from Class 2 to 12 across the nation along with top 20 from each class are selected for Level 2.
- Level 2 is conducted at the nearest State Headquarters.
- On the basis of this test, the final NSTSE results are declared.
- Level 2 is not held for the students of the 1st standard.
Important Dates for NSTSE
|Last date for receipt of application forms||30th September 2018|
|Hall ticket availability||6th December 2018|
|NSTSE exam for school candidates||7th December 2018|
|NSTSE exam for Direct/Individual candidates||16th December 2018|
|Release of Answer Key||Second week of February 2019|
|Declaration of results||Second week of March 2019|
- The Unified Council publishes its NSTSE 2018 results usually within a month from the date of exam commencement.
- The NSTSE first-level exam for the year 2018 will be held on 07th and 16th December 2018.
- The result will be declared in the second week of March 2019 by Unified Council NSTSE.
- You must enter your registered e-mail id and 10-digit mobile number provided while you had filled the NSTSE application form.
- You must then enter the 8-digit hall ticket number mentioned on the admit card and click ‘Search’.
- The NSTSE result will then be displayed on your screen.
- You must download the NSTSE 2018 results from their official website. The result will NOT be sent via post or e-mail.
- When more than one student gets an equal top score, priority for awarding ranks will be according to marks acquired in the following specified order of subjects – Mathematics (Biology for PCB group), Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Questions.
- Any student who appears for the NSTSE exam gets a participation certificate and Student Performance Report.
- The list of NSTSE 2018 toppers and top 100 winners can be found on the official website.
- State wise list will be declared after excluding the top 100 ranks across the country.
- The NSTSE 2018 Updated Answer key for the exam (from Class 1 to Class 12) with the Paper code UN423 can be found here.
- Practice is the key: Practice as much as you can. 70% of your NSTSE preparation comprises of practice. Toppr offers over 3.5 lakh questions in its question bank to help you learn and strengthen concepts in each chapter.
- Take All-India Level mock tests: Give time-bound mock tests in a completely exam-like environment to improve your efficiency at attempting questions. Toppr offers an All India Test Series that lets you compete with other students from all over India.
- Clear all your doubts: Don’t get stuck with doubts. Discuss and clarify them with Subject Experts at Toppr to get an instant reply.
- Study from the best sources: NCERT and several recommended books for NSTSE are the minimum resources you need. Toppr offers the best study material from all over the web to help you prepare better.
- Revision is important: When you go through a formula or concept, maintain revision notes in the form of bullet points. Revision will be useful when the exam is close and a good revision pattern will take less time. Normally, without these notes, you would have to go through the entire chapter to understand important points once again.
This was our article on NSTSE Exam Pattern.