NTSE Kerala Result 2018
The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Kerala organizes the state-level National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) for the students of Class 10. The NTSE Kerala examination was conducted on 5th November 2017 and the NTSE Kerala Result 2018 was declared on 3rd February 2018. On this page, we’re providing all the relevant information pertaining to the NTSE Kerala Result 2018 including the important dates, eligibility criteria, how to check the NTSE Kerala Result 2018, and much more.
NTSE Kerala Result 2018
The Kerala NTSE Result 2018 is declared in the online mode and made available in PDF file format. The results declared are for the NTSE Kerala Stage 1 examination conducted on 5th November 2017. The students qualifying the NTSE Kerala stage 1 examination can appear for the NTSE Kerala stage 2 examination. A total of 111 students have been shortlisted from the Kerala NTSE Stage 1 Exam 2018 and have qualified for the NTSE Stage 2 examination which will be conducted by NCERT, New Delhi on 13th May 2018. The NTSE Kerala Stage 2 Result 2018 will be declared in the month of August 2018.
The candidates who qualify the NTSE Stage 2 examination can avail of scholarships for further qualification. Please note that the Kerala NTSE Result 2018 is released only in the online mode and on the official website of SCERT Kerala. The result of NTSE Kerala 2018 is not personally communicated to any candidate under any circumstances.
NTSE Kerala Result 2018- Important Dates
Given below are the important dates in the event calendar of NTSE Kerala Result 2018.
|NTSE Kerala 2018 Event||Dates|
|Online Application Form for NTSE 2018 Released||16th August 2017|
|The Last Date for Submitting the Application Form||31st August 2017|
|The Last Date of Submitting the Hard Copy of the Application Form||10th September 2017|
|NTSE 2018 Hall-Ticket Available from||27th October 2017|
|NTSE Stage 1 Examination||5th November 2017|
|NTSE Kerala Result 2018 Declared||3rd February 2018|
NTSE Kerala 2018- Schedule of the Examination
The stage 1 of the NTSE Kerala 2018 examination was conducted on 5th November 2017. Given below is the schedule of stage 1 of the examination.
Schedule of Part 1 of the examination
Part I: SAT consists of 100 objective-type questions in Social Science, Science subjects, and Mathematics.
|9 AM to 10.30 AM||All candidates except disabled candidates.|
|9 AM to 11 AM||Disabled candidates only.|
Part 2: MAT & Language comprehension Test consists of 100 objective type questions.
|11.30 AM to 1 PM||All candidates except disabled candidates.|
|11.30 AM to 1.30 PM||Disabled candidates only.|
NTSE 2018- Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the following NTSE 2018 eligibility criteria to be able to appear for the NTSE examination:
- Only those students who are studying in Class 10 during the academic year 2017 – 18 in any Government/Aided/Recognized schools/Kendriya Vidyalaya/Navodaya Vidyalaya in the state of Kerala are eligible to apply for the NTSE Kerala2018.
- The candidates registered under the Open Distance Learning (ODL) program are also eligible for the scholarship, provided the student is below the age of 18 years and is appearing in his/her Class 10 examination for the first time.
- The candidates must have obtained not less than 55% marks for all non-language subjects in the qualifying examination of class 9 of 2016-17 to be eligible for the NTSE Kerala examination 2018.
How to Check the NTSE Kerala Result 2018?
The NYSE Kerala Result 2018 is declared only in the online mode. You can follow the step-by-step procedure given below to check your NTSE Kerala Result 2018.
- Firstly, navigate to the Official Website of NTSE Kerala Result 2018.
- Now, click on the tab ‘NTSE under Scholarship exams’.
- Click on the ‘NTSE Results’ tab.
- Your NTSE Kerala Result 2018 will be displayed on the computer screen.
- Download your result and take multiple printouts for future reference.
The Details of the NTSE Kerala Result 2018
Your NTSE Kerala Result 2018 will contain the following things.
- Name of the candidate.
- Roll Number.
- Marks obtained in MAT (out of 50).
- Marks obtained in SAT (out of 50).
- Total marks (out of 150).
- The language test marks.
- The rank of the candidate.
Highlights of the Final NTSE Kerala Result 2018
Given below are the highlights of the final NTSE Kerala Result 2018 after the stage 2 of the examination:
- The final results will declare the scores and names of the shortlisted candidates who qualify the Stage-II of the NTSE Kerala 2018 examination.
- The candidates will be selected for the final award of scholarships on the basis of their performance in both the stages of the examination.
- After the declaration of stage 2 of the NTSE Kerala 2018 Result, the scholarships will be awarded to the students who are selected on the basis of the final merit list.
- The qualifying candidates will be awarded scholarships along with an award letter and the certificate of merit.
NTSE Kerala- Cut Off Marks
The cut-off marks are the minimum marks that you need to secure to qualify an examination. The table given below outlines the NTSE Kerala Cut off marks for the year 2017-18.
|Category||NTSE Kerala Cut Off Marks|
NTSE Kerala 2018- Exam Pattern
The NTSE Kerala test is conducted in Two Parts of 90 minutes duration each.
Part I – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) comprises of 100 objective type questions from Social science, Science subjects, and Mathematics.
Part II– The second part of the test consists of Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Language Comprehension Test. There will be 50 questions in Mental Ability Test and 50 questions in Language Comprehension Test (50 questions in Malayalam Language and 50 questions in the English Language). Candidates can choose either Malayalam or English for Language Comprehension Test. Marks scored for Language Comprehension Test will not be considered for ranking. But candidates must score a minimum of 40% marks in Language Comprehension Test.
All questions in Part II are also of objective type.
Portions included for the State Level Test under Part I are as follows.
- 9th entire portions & 10th first and second-term portions of Kerala State syllabus for the current academic year.
- 9th entire portions & 10th first and second-term portions of CBSE syllabus for the current academic year.
- Certain portions studied in lower classes which are essential for the proper understanding of the subjects.
The candidate should answer Part I (SAT) and then Part II (MAT) after an interval of one hour.
The medium of NTSE Kerala 2018 Examination: The candidates can choose English, Malayalam, Tamil or Kannada as the medium of Examination for SAT & MAT and should specify it in the application form.
NTSE Kerala 2018- Application Fee
Given below is the application fee for NTSE Kerala examination for different categories.
- For the General Category- Rs. 250/-
- For the SC/ST/PWD Categories- Rs.100/-
Lastly, given below is the contact information of SCERT for your reference.
SCERT Contact Details
State Council of Educational Research & Training (SCERT)
Kerala, PIN: 695 012.
0471-2341883 / 2340323.
Toppr wishes you all the best!