All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) India is a medical research and educational institute run by the Indian Government that conducts an annual entrance exam for admission to courses in medicine. Each year lakhs of students work hard to compete for admission to 50 seats at this premium college. An aspirant appearing for AIIMS 2018 must have a thorough knowledge of how to prepare for AIIMS 2018.
Prepare For AIIMS:
Preparing for AIIMS is a serious matter considering the low number of seats available which increases the competition drastically. You have have the correct knowledge of the books you must have, the exam tips and tricks and also the best college to choose from. Here, we bring you the short summary and overview of AIIMS 2018.
AIIMS 2018 Eligibility:
The candidates aiming for AIIMS 2018 must pass higher secondary examination from a recognized board and secure an aggregate of 60% in subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English. The AIIMS application form can be filled online on institute’s official website or collected and submitted in person at the notified centre.
AIIMS 2018 Exam pattern:
The paper will consist of 200 multiple choice questions including 60 questions each from Biology, Chemistry and Physics and 20 General Knowledge and reasoning based questions. It must be noticed that there will be negative marking for every incorrect answer.
Tips for AIIMS 2018:
A candidate preparing for AIIMS 2018 must refer to following tips for success in the exam:
- Refer to NCERT course books of 11th as well as 12th standards for comprehensive preparation of the prescribed curriculum.
- Every AIIMS aspirant must strive to score well at the board’s examination to obtain the qualifying percentage to appear for the AIIMS exam.
- Practise solving a lot of previous years’ sample and mock papers of AIIMS to get a fair idea of the test pattern. This will help in devising strategies for successfully attempting the AIIMS paper. Try solving mock AIIMS papers within the assigned time to improve speed.
- Maintain a study schedule and update it regularly with tasks accomplished and those that are yet to be attempted.
- Since numerical based questions are asked in the paper so it is best to understand the core concepts rather that learning by rote.
- Focus on magazines like Competition Success Review etc. and newspapers for sample questions and current affairs topics. The paper contains questions on latest innovations and development in the field of science and technology. So, students must read more about them.
- Since there is negative marking for wrong answers, students must avoid guesswork to arrive at an answer.
- There is no escape from hard work; the more you study the more confident you become. Thus an honest effort will take you closer to realising your dream of clearing AIIMS 2018.
Suggested books for AIIMS MBBS 2018 Preparation:
- Arihant AIIMS MBBS Entrance Test
- AIIMS Explorer – MTG
- AIPMT/AIIMS 2015 Success pack
- HC Verma – Physics Theory
- DC Pandey – Physics Numerical
- Organic Chemistry – Arihant
- Inorganics Chemistry – OP Tandon
- The India Today Magazine
- The Panorama Year Book
In the last months before the exam, you need to prepare in a smart way and not just revise the old stuff. Always remember the useful tricks you have learned over the years and they will help you prepare for AIIMS. We wish you good luck for your exams. 🙂