Punjab University Results 2018!
The Panjab University (PU) Results 2018 will be declared around a week after the completion of the Undergraduate Common Entrance Test (CET). The PU CET UG Results 2018 will be declared in the online mode on the Panjab University’s official website. Post declaration of the results, a merit list is prepared to grant admissions to the various B. Sc. and B. Pharm. Courses offered by the University. The PU CET UG results 2018 are likely to be declared in June 2018. In this article, we’re discussing all you need to know about the PU CET UG results 2018.
So, read on!
PU CET UG Results 2018
As mentioned earlier, the PU CET UG results 2018 are declared only in the online mode and the University will not communicate the merit list or other details pertaining to the counselling procedure to the candidates through post. Last year the results were declared eight days after the completion of the exams.
The table given below carries the tentative dates for the :
|PU UG CET 2018 Exam Date||June 2018|
|PU CET UG Results 2018 Date||June 2018|
|Declaration of Provisional Merit List||July 2018|
|Submission of objections to the Provisional Merit List||July 2018|
|Submission of Preference for B. Pharm. or B. Sc. Courses||July 2018|
|Declaration of the Final Merit List||July 2018|
The PU CET UG results 2018 will only carry your qualifying status in the examination. The qualified candidates will be required to submit the admission forms. After the submission of the forms, PU will release the CET merit list which will carry the names of only those candidates who have successfully submitted their admission forms.
PU CET B. Pharm. and B. Sc. Admissions Forms 2018
After clearing your examinations, the next step is to fill the PU CET B. Pharm. and B. Sc. admissions forms 2018. For your benefit, we’ve put together the entire PU admission form filling procedure. You can follow the simple steps mentioned in this section to fill your admission forms.
- First, you need to log in to your account with your User Name and Password which are provided to you at the time of registration.
- Now, proceed to fill out the admission form. Ensure that you enter correct and accurate information in all the fields provided in the form as you won’t be allowed to change the information later.
- Take a printout of the form and submit it before the last date of submission.
- Once the tentative merit list is declared, you’ll need to log in again to indicate your preferences.
You can take a printout of the application form and post or hand-deliver it along with the necessary documents to the following address:
“The Coordinator, CET Admissions 2016,
Department of Microbiology,
Basic Medical Sciences Block-I,
Sector-25, South Campus,
Only the shortlisted candidates will be asked to appear in person at the given time, date, and venue. The shortlisted candidates have to carry the original documents and a set of photocopy of documents at the time of admission.
Documents required at time of the admission
- Matriculation Certificate clearly displaying the candidate’s date of birth.
- Class 10th Detailed Mark sheet.
- 10+2 Detailed Marks sheet.
- A Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Certificates supporting the claim of reserved category, if applicable.
- An affidavit attested by the Magistrate 1st Class/ Notary, explaining the gap in studies if any.
- A copy of the Aadhar Card.
PU CET UG Results 2018 Cut off
In this section, we’re providing the cut off for the PU CET Undergraduate programs of the last year to give you an idea of how much you need to score to qualify the examination.
|Category||Total Marks||Cut off Percentage||Cut off Marks|
PU CET UG 2018 Merit List
The merit list is prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the exam with the weightage allotted in the following manner:
|Qualifying Examination (10+2)||25%|
|PU CET UG Entrance Examination||75%|
PU CET UG Merit list comprises of the following combination of subjects:
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biotechnology.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Sciences.
- Mathematics only.
Important points about the PU CET Merit List
- A minimum of 15% aggregate of maximum marks taken in the test as a whole is required to be included in PU CET 2017 Merit List. In the case of the SC/ST/OBC/Blind candidates, a minimum 10% aggregate of maximum marks in PU CET exam is required.
- If there’s a tie between one or more candidates, such candidates will be placed together in PU CET Merit list. Their position in the merit list will be decided at the time of Interview/Counselling by the concerned authority.
- Admission to various courses will be done strictly on the basis of the PU CET Merit list.
PU CET UG 2017 Results
The PU UG CET 2017 entrance exam was held on June 4, 2017, and the provisional list was released after July 18. The candidates had to report to the allotted colleges on July 19 to 21 and the classes started from July 24, 2017.
How to check the PU CET UG Results 2018?
You can follow the steps mentioned below to check your PU CET UG Results 2018 on the official website of Panjab University.
- Firstly, navigate to the official website of Panjab University i.e. puchd.ac.in
- Go to the ‘admissions page’.
- Click on the link for “PU CET (UG.) Entrance Test- 2017” and follow the link provided to the exam portal.
- Now, click on the notification that reads “Click Here for Result”.
- Enter your roll number, select your course, and search for your result.
- Download your result and save a copy for further reference.
PU CET UG Results 2018 Re-evaluation
If you’re not satisfied with your marks in the entrance test and wish to get the answer sheet re-checked or re-evaluated then you can do so by paying the requisite fee for the same. Last year the result re-evaluation fee was Rs. 10,000/- within the stipulated time. The whole procedure will take three working days and the candidate will be given the photocopy of the answer sheet. In case, there’s a discrepancy and revision in the answer sheet then the deposit money will be refunded to the candidate.
PU CET UG Counselling Procedure
Panjab University conducts online counselling for the candidates who have qualified the PU CET examination. The candidates need to indicate their preference for courses/college to get admission. The seats are allotted according to the PU CET Merit List.
Important points about the PU CET Counselling:
- The candidates can submit the Counselling fee either through online mode or offline at the University.
- The candidates will be allotted seats based on the PU CET merit list and the provisional admission letter.
- All the candidates must report to the allotted college within the specified time along with all the required documents (i.e. 10th and 12th Mark Sheet, Aadhar Card, etc.) and the requisite fees.
- The seats will only be confirmed upon successful submission of the fees.
- In the event of a candidate not reporting to the designated college in time, his/her admission can be cancelled.
- The candidates must exercise duly diligence and care while indicating their preferences and options.
- Once the information is locked, no changes are allowed to be made.
- The admission dates and timing of reporting will be displayed along with the PU CET merit list on the Panjab University website.
Steps for PU CET Online Counselling
- During online counselling, the candidates need to indicate their preferences.
- If there are seats available according to the candidate’s first preference, he/she will be offered admission only in that preference, subject to successful submission of the fee.
- The admissions are offered based on higher preference available based on the Panjab CET Merit List.
- Once a candidate secures admission in higher preference, he/she cannot claim a seat in lower preference.
- However, a candidate who has taken admission in lower preference may be offered a seat of his/her higher preference based on the vacancy of seats at the later stage.
The fee deposited by a candidate for one course will be transferable or adjustable if he/she gets admission to another course. If a candidate fails to report on the specific date to the venue for admission, it will be presumed that he/she is not interested in admission to the Panjab University in that department/course. In such cases, the seat will be offered to the next candidate on merit cum preference basis, which will be declared on the website. The movement list will be released within five days of the release of the first list or the previous movement list.
PU CET Reservation Criteria
According to the Government rules and the University policy, PU has earmarked a certain number of seats for the reserved categories viz. OBC, ST, SC, Defense Personnel, Physically Handicapped, Person with Disabilities, etc. candidates. The distribution of seats is as follows:
- 5% of the seats are for the Open (General) Category Candidates.
- 15% of the seats are reserved for the SC category candidates.
- 5 % of the seats are reserved for the ST category candidates.
- Backward Caste candidates have 5% reservation of seats.
- The Defense Personnel and Sports Candidates have 5% seat reservation.
- The Physically Handicapped candidates have 3% seat reservation.
- The Riots Victim and the Freedom Fighter Candidates have 2% reservation each.
In the event of an increase in the total number of seats, the additional seats will be created for the Reserved Category only and if the seats still remain vacant then only they can be transferred to the General category candidates.
PU CET UG 2018 Important Dates
The table given below highlights the important dates for all the PU CET examinations to be conducted in 2018. Please read carefully and start your preparations accordingly.
|Entrance Test||Date of Tests for 2018|
|Management Entrance Test (MET)||4th March 2018 (Sunday)|
|PU. B.A. /B. Com. /LL. B. (Hons.) (Five-Years) Integrated Course||15th April 2018 (Sunday)|
|PU CET UG 2018||29th April 2018 (Sunday)|
|PUTHAT||6th May 2018 (Sunday)|
|PU CET (PG) 2018||2nd June to 3rd June 2018 (Saturday-Sunday)|
|PU LL. B. (3-Years)||17th June 2018 (Sunday)|
|M. Phil. & Ph. D.||1st July 2018 (Sunday)|
|PULEET||15th July 2018 (Sunday)|
|MBA (Executive) for USOL||22nd July 2018|
About Panjab University
Panjab University is one of the oldest Universities in India which originated in 1882 in Lahore. Established in 1947, PU is a public collegiate University located in Chandigarh with 75 teaching and research departments and 15 centres for teaching and research at its main campus in Chandigarh. PU has 190 colleges that are affiliated with it spread over the eight districts of Punjab.
The Panjab University campus is located in Sector 14 and Sector 25 of Chandigarh, spread over an area of almost 550-acres. The layout of the two campuses of the University has been designed to meet the academic, administrative, sports/recreational, residential, and other requirements of a growing University. Modern infrastructural facilities like its own Shopping Centre, Health Centre, Bank, Post office, Swimming Pool, Gymnasium, Sports Grounds, Botanical Gardens, well maintained parks, Open Air Theatre, Guest Houses, Faculty House, Seminar Complexes, Alumni House, Community Centre, and a school have been provided to ensure that the campus is self-sufficient. Apart from these facilities, the University Campus has 8 hostels for boys, 9 hostels for girls, a Working Women Hostel, and 2 sports hostels.
The University’s hub of social interaction comprises of a cluster of prominent buildings like the Gandhi Bhawan, the Fine Arts Museum, the University Library, and the Student Centre. The three-winged structure of the Gandhi Bhawan is considered the pride of the University and is the most artistic building in the near vicinity. The University’s Fine Arts Museum, with its series of small galleries arranged around a courtyard, each gallery having a hyperbolic paraboloid roof (umbrella-shaped) is an architectural and structural marvel. The University Library, another key building, in the Sector 14 Campus is an RCC framed structure with red sandstone veneers. The Student Centre, with its circular base and a ramp pulsating around its cylindrical body, is another landmark building.
Some of the achievements of the Panjab University are as under:
- Ranked number one amongst Universities in India and Ranked 363 in the Thomson Reuters-powered ‘Best Global Universities Rankings 2016’ by the US News and Global Report.
- Ranked 38th in the Asia Times Higher Education Asian University Rankings, 2015.
- Ranked in the bracket 501- 600 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2015-2016.