Sainik School Ghorakhal
Sainik School Ghorakhal aims at preparing its students for the officers’ cadre in the Armed Forces and for various other responsible positions in all walks of life. Sainik School, Ghorakhal, has won the Raksha Mantri Trophy for sending the maximum number of cadets for the induction into the NDA, Khadakwasla. The school has brought the laurel Uttarakhand for the eighth time. Twenty four cadets from the school joined the NDA in the session.
Sainik School Ghorakhal, located near Nainital was established on 21 March 1966 on the magnificent estate of Nawab of Rampur. The name ‘Ghorakhal’ relates the event in 1857 when the British General in a desperate bid to escape the revolutionaries of Awadh, strayed into this area and his horse while drinking water from a nearby pond died, therefore the name Ghora (Horse) Khal (pond). The Ghorakhal estate was presented to General Wheeler in 1870 by the British Rulers. In 1921, the then Nawab of Rampur, Maj Gen, His Highness, Alijah, Amirul Umrah, Nawab, Sir Syed Mohammed Hamid Ali, Khan Bahadur, purchased this Estate. After the abolition of the Privy Purse in post-Independent India, the State Government (Then Uttar Pradesh) purchased the Estate from the Nawab of Rampur in March 1964 and later Sainik School Ghorakhal was established on 21 March 1966.
Admission in Sainik School Ghorakhal
Boys are admitted to Class Six only from the age of ten to eleven. An All India Sainik School Entrance Examination is held annually on a tentative date (preferably the last Sunday of February). There is a 25% quota for the defence candidates, 15% and 7.5% respectively of the SC and ST candidates. The rest of the boys come from General category. The School terms are from 01 June to 30 April. Since 1993, a small number of candidates are also admitted in Class IX.
Yearly Fees (approx): INR 90,000/- (includes tuition fee, mess facilities, pocket money, clothing and incidental charges etc.)
- Sainik School Ghorakhal Class 6th/9th Admission 2018-19
The Parents/Guardians of their wards are advised to download/obtain in person the Application
Forms and Information Brochure/Admission Prospectus from the office of the Principal, Sainik School Ghorakhal and submit in person the duly completed application forms accompanied by the prescribed application fee. Sainik School, Ghorakhal shall host soon the All India Sainik School Entrance Test 2018-2019.
The Parents/Guardians may obtain the Admission Prospectus-Cum-Application Form in three modes – Internet Downloading / In Person / through Post.
- Sainik School Ghorakhal Class 6th/9th Entrance Admit Card 2018
Sainik School shall release the e-Admission Certificates / Hall Examination Tickets for the All India Sainik School Entrance Exam – 2018-19 two weeks before commencement of the said All India Sainik School Entrance Test 2018 for the admission into 6th and 9th standards for the Academic year 2018-19 schedule shortly.
Sainik School is likely to release/upload on the Sainik School website the e-Admit Cards / Hall Examination Tickets / AISSET Enrollment Number / AISSEE Permission Letter for the All India Sainik School Entrance Examination – 2018.
- Sainik School AISSET 2018-19 Syllabus and Pattern
Sainik School All India Sainik School Entrance Test 2018 for the admission into Class 6th in Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) based answer sheets shall have the Multiple Choice Questions of objective type in Mathematics, Language Ability and Intelligence Test based on the subjects of the class 5th level. Maximum marks 400.
Sainik School All India Sainik School Entrance Test 2018 for the admission into Class 9th in Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) based answer sheets shall have the Multiple Choice Questions of objective type in Mathematics, Science, English and Social Science based on the subjects of the class 8th level. Maximum marks 450.
- Sainik School Ghorakhal Class 6th/9th Entrance 2018-19 Application Form
The Indian Army on the Student’s’ performance and obtaining either Equal to or Higher than Community-wise Minimum Qualifying Marks shall prepare Category-wise list of the successful candidates shortlisted for personal interviews.
The interview will be held preferably between March-April 2018 in respective Sainik School. Personal interview call letters would be dispatched separately to the All India Sainik School Entrance Test 2018 shortlisted candidates. If the Call Letters are not received by them 10 days before the AISSET 2018 interview schedule, then their Parents/Guardians are advised to contact respective Sainik Schools where their ward had appeared in AISSET 2018.
A call letter for this interview is no guarantee for admission into Sainik School. Final merit will be drawn up based on the Combined Markes of the OMR based written examination as well as the personal interview.
#Medical Examination: The selected will have to individually undergo the Medical Test at the Command/Zonal and other Army hospitals/Sainik hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services (DGMS) prior to admission and only those found medically fit will be offered admission.
Sainik School Ghorakhal 2018 Important Dates
- Date of Availability of online application form: 16th October 2017.
- Deadline for the Submission of the application form: 05 December 2017.
- Date of Entrance Exam: 7 February 2018.
- Announcement of Result: 8th February 2018
The Un-reserved/General candidates as well as including the reservation for SC/ST/Defence categories belonging to Uttarakhand Domicile shall be entitled for admission against 67% Seats and 33% seats have been earmarked/shall be offered to the boys of other States and Union territories.Procedure of Admission
Sainik Schools are affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), All India Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (AISSCE. Sainik schools train the students educationally, psychologically and physically and help in preparing for Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and National Defence Academy notified Career Opportunities in different roles. These are fully residential public schools, which function under the aegis of the Ministry of Defence (MoDs).
- Common Entrance test for Class 6th
- Common Entrance test for Class 9th
- Interview and Results
All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) Class IX Exam Pattern 2018-19:
The written test gets conducted on the first or second Sunday of January every year. It is crucial for students to know about the exam pattern before they appear for the papers. They need to know about the question pattern, marks allotted for each question and duration in the entrance examination. Since the exam pattern keeps changing, it is advisable to visit and refer to the official website of AISSEE to check the exam pattern for the academic year.
|Subjects||No. of Questions and Marks||Total Marks|
|Math||50 * 4||200|
|English||25 * 2||50|
|Intelligence||25 * 2||50|
|General Science||25 * 2||50|
|Social Studies||25 * 2||50|
|Total||Total Questions: 150||400|
All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) Class 6 Exam Pattern 2018-2019:
The admission is strictly done as per merit and marks in the entrance examination. AISSEE exam pattern 2018 is available on the official site and it is important to refer to it for achieving good marks in the exam.
|Subject Name:||No. of Questions & Marks||Total Marks|
|Math||50 * 3||150|
|GK (Sc & Sst)||25 * 2||50|
|Language||25 * 2||50|
|Intelligence||25 * 2||50|
Exam Centres 2018
Here’s a list of the Sainik School Ghorakhal written entrance examination centers:
|Rudrapur||Udham Sing Nagar|
Allotment of examination centers will be at the discretion of the school.
Winter (mid-December to January end), Summer (1 May to 31 July) and Midterm (around Dusshera for 1 week)
How to Reach Ghorakhal Sainik School
The school is located at a distance of approximately 4km from Bhowali and 16 km from Nainital in Uttarakhand. Kathgodam is the nearest railhead (terminus), which is 40km away from the school. The nearest airport is Pant Nagar, 70 km away and a direct bus from Delhi to Nainital takes 10 hours.
Applications are invited for admission in Class VI & IX for Boys only who qualify the below-mentioned eligibility conditions for appearing in All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination for the academic session 2018-19. The AISSEE will be on OMR based system which will have Multiple Choice Questions with four options.
|CLASS||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||SELECTION PROCEDURE||ANTICIPATED VACANCIES|
|6th||Boys born between 02 July 2007 to 01 July 2008 (both days inclusive)||Written Examination, Interview, Medical test||65* Seats|
|9th||Boys born between 02 July 2004 to 01 July 2005 (both days inclusive) and should be passed VIII class exam at the time of admission in Apr 2018.||Written Examination, Interview, Medical test||20* Seats|
* Number of seats can be increased/decreased subject to pass out/withdrawals.
Date of Entrance Exam – 07 Jan 2018 (Sunday)
Availability of application forms
(a) Online Application form wef 16 Oct to 30 Nov 2017 at school website www.ssghorakhal.org
(b) Offline application form at school counter wef 16 Oct to 30 Nov 2017
Last Date for Submission of Online/Offline Application – 05 Dec 2017 with Demand Draft/Cash receipt
Mode of Payment
Online: DD of requisite amount in favor of Principal Sainik School Ghorakhal payable at SBI Bhowali (Code No. 01352) along with a copy of application form.
Offline: On cash payment of Rs. 400/- or 250/- as applicable from school counter from 0900 hrs.to 1300 hrs.on all working days.
How To Apply
(a) Online application form can be filled up on the school website (www.ssghorakhal.org) from 16 Oct 2017 to 30 Nov 2017 and pay the requisite fee through DD by 05 Dec 2017. The copy of the same application form along with DD of the requisite amount will be required to submit to the school by 05 Dec 2017. Please mention the name of candidate/father’s name at the reverse of the cash receipt.
(b) Offline Application Forms can be collected from school counter after paying the requisite amount. Application duly filled should reach in the school with an original copy of cash receipt by 05 Dec 2017. Please mention the name of candidate/father’s name at the reverse of the cash receipt.
(c) Offline application forms can also be obtained from this school by sending DD for Rs. 450/- (Gen/Def category)/ Rs. 300/-(SC/ST category). The amount includes the postal charges for sending the application form by Registered Post.
(e) The school will not be responsible for delay by postal authorities or in case of your incomplete/wrong address.
- Candidates submitting the offline application has to use only the ORIGINAL application form. Photocopy or Form downloaded from the internet will NOT be accepted.
- Children applying for admission in Class IX must be studying in Class VIII in a recognized school.
- No Courier Service is available for this school. The school will not be responsible for any postal delay or courier service.
- The medium of examination for Class VI will be in English & Hindi. The medium of examination for Class IX will be in English only and students are required to answer in English only.
- For any information related to admission process please call at 05942-220051 or visit www.ssghorakhal.org.
General Instructions For Application and Examination
- The candidate has to use only the ORIGINAL application form. Photocopy or Form downloaded from the internet will NOT be accepted.
- Use Black/Blue pen only to write and darken the circles.
- Fill all columns neatly in CAPITAL Letters only.
- Incomplete / unsigned/ wrongly filled and without photograph forms shall be rejected without intimation.
- There are four choices available under the Column “School Applied For”. Choice 1 indicates the School in which a candidate seeks admission. Other three choices are to be filled IF AND ONLY IF, a candidate is willing to be considered for admission in any other Sainik School where a vacancy may be available.
- Paste one recent passport photograph firmly (DO NOT STAPLE OR PIN-UP) in the space provided.
- In the first field fill clearly the name of the candidate as mentioned on the birth certificate.
- Give one box gap between First / Middle / Surname.
- In the second field mention your Date of Birth as mentioned in the birth certificate.
- In third field mention code for State/UT of domicile.
- In fourth field mention class in which you wish to apply for(Class VI OR IX).
- In the fifth field mention the category in which you wish to apply for.
- In the sixth field mention the category (HOME STATE OR OTHER STATE) you wish to apply for.
- In the seventh field, mention your working mobile number for further correspondence. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that this is a valid number on which SMS or Voice call can be received.
- In the eighth field mention your mailing address and also mention your e-mail address.
- In ninth field affix one recent passport size photograph. DO NOT STAPLE THE SAME IN THE FORM.
- In tenth field mention father’s name as mentioned in the certificate.
- In eleventh field mention father’s Aadhaar number.
- In twelfth field mention mother name as mentioned in the certificate.
- In thirteenth field mention mother’s Aadhaar number.
- In fourteenth field mention school code applied for – Choice 1, choice 2, choice 3, choice 4.
- In fifteenth field mention exam centers code – choice 1 and choice 2. For code please refer to the table 1. Please note that any of the proposed exam centers may be changed or cancelled if enough candidates are not available.
- In seventeenth field mention medium for question paper. (Applicable only for class VI).
- A declaration will be given by the parents/guardian.
- Signature of Candidate and parent/guardian are required in the space provided.
- Please note SAINIK SCHOOL, NAGROTA will conduct separate exam on APRIL 18.
- For any assistance candidate can call on the helpline number 7840014449 from Monday to Saturday between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- For online registration, candidates may visit here
Get to know more about Sainik schools here at Toppr Bytes!