Barely a few months into 11th standard and you find yourself surrounded with students joining fancy coaching classes and buying numerous books for JEE 2018 preparation. If engineering is your passion and IIT is your destination then follow the following strategy to study for JEE Main 2018 and ward off any stress that dares to engulf you.
How to Clear the Concepts of JEE Main and Advanced by AIR 1 IIT JEE
Complete strategy to Study For JEE Main 2018:
1. Keep a positive attitude: The next two years will be the most crucial years of your study for JEE Main . Keep composed and have a positive approach to your preparation. Consider that all students appearing for JEE are your age and may be surrounded with similar apprehensions as you, so do not give in to the pressure. Instead, take the time in your stride and give an honest and focused attempt at the preparations.
2. Acquire study material and guidance: It is important to get a hold of the requisite study material and books beforehand. Even if you are not willing to take up a course at coaching institute then at least draw help from mentors who expertise in preparing students for JEE 2018. Another great option is to enroll for an online course. Apart from this, NCERT, the online prep platforms offer the best material, question banks, test series, etc. to base and improve preparation on. Refer to class IX and X standard text books wherever required. Some of the important books that you can refer are:
- Physics: Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma(Volume I & II), Arihant , Resnich Halliday (Volume I & II), O.P Tondon
- Chemistry: NCERT, R.C.Mukharjee, Arihant, NumericalChemistry – P Bahadur, Physical Chemistry – O.P Tondon
- Mathematics: New pattern IIT-JEE, Cengage, Trignometry, Coordinate Geometry – SL Loney, Algebra – Hall and Knight, Calculus – Thomas and Finney
3. Good study plan: Devise a study schedule with precision. This will involve making a structured plan for self-study for all the relevant subjects. Assign sufficient time to study and revise the subjects. Time management is the key to a devising a good study plan.
4. Revision and practise: JEE 2018 is all about concepts and understanding. Abstain from learning by rote as it will not take you anywhere. Focus on concepts and practise enough form books, online and sample papers. Refer to previous years papers to know the pattern and difficulty level of questions asked. Remember the whole preparation strategy may turn useless if you fail to devote time for practice and revisions.
5. Maintain health: This includes mental as well as physical health. Eat right and take adequate rest so your mind and body can sustain strenuous preparation hours. Keep a company of people who motivate you instead of distracting you from your goal.