The results of the 21st National Science Olympiad (NSO Results) for the year 2018 to 2019 will be declared only after the thriving conduction of the examination.
Those candidates who have written this exam can verify their NSO results by typing in and entering their roll or registration number in the following format:
The school code – class number – roll or registration number
During this year of 2018 to 2019, the NSO will be held on the following three dates of:
- 01 November 2018
- 15 November 2018
- 27 November 2018
The National Science Olympiad examination will be conducted in all the participating schools.
The Science Olympiad Foundation will be declaring the results after the completion of all the exams.
All those candidates who will be writing the 21st NSO can confirm with the certified website where the NSO results will be posted on the page.
Fulfilling the Criteria
Those students who have fulfilled one of the three criteria are eligible to qualify for the next round of the Olympiad exams which is the second level.
The criteria include the following:
- The top 5 percent of those students according to their class who will be writing the exams (the first level).
- State and zone wise: the top 25 rank holders will be selected from each class
- Class topper: a minimum of 10 students from each class appear for the exam and score a minimum aggregate of 50 percent.
- In the chance occurrence of section-wise selection happening, the class appears from each section will be selected when participation numbers will exceed 25.
A second level examination will be held in the following categories:
These Olympiads is specifically for students from grade 3 onwards.
In the off chance occurs that two or more students score equivalent marks, then he ranks will be given to those students who score more according to the different sections in the question paper.
If two or more students receive the same marks in all the sections then, in this case, they will be awarded the same rank.
Criteria for ranking in the 2nd level
In the off chance of two or more students scoring the exact same marks, the rank will be determined according to the following criteria:
- Total score achieved in the level 1 examination
- The score achieved in level 1 in different sections according to the priority
- Marks scored in the section of the exam in level 2 according to the priority
Of course, it needs to be mentioned that if two or more students achieve in the exact same score in all the sections, then each student will be awarded the same rank.
The syllabus from classes 1 to 10 remain the same in terms of sections, but the total marks are different. From classes 1 to 4, the total marks are 40 while for 5 to 10, the grand total is 60. This is similar to classes 11 and 12 who also write for a grand total of 60.
The sections for classes 1 to 10 include:
- Logical reasoning
- Achievers section
The sections for classes 11 and 12 are different compared to the younger classes. Their sections include:
- Physics and chemistry
- Achiever’s section
- Mathematics and biology
Following is the breakup of the syllabus for each class:
- Spatial understanding, grouping, measuring units, analogy, geometrical shapes, patterns, odd one out, ranking test.
- Living and nonliving things, plants, animals, human beings and their needs, good habits and safety rules, air and water, weather and sky.
- Higher Order Thinking (HOT) Questions
- Patterns, measuring units, odd ones out, series completion, geometrical shapes, analogy, ranking test, the grouping of figures, coding-decoding, embedded figures.
- Plants, animals, a human body, food, housing and clothing, family and festivals, occupations, good habits and safety rules, transport and communication, air, water and rocks, earth and universe.
- HOT Questions
- Patterns, Analogy and classification, coding-decoding, mirror images, embedded figures, alphabet tests, ranking test, the grouping of figures, figure matrix, geometrical shapes, days and dates and possible combinations.
- Plants and animals, birds, food, housing and clothing, transport and communication, human body, earth and universe, matter and materials, light, sound and force, our environment.
- HOT Questions
- Patterns, Alphabet test, coding-decoding, mirror images, embedded figures, geometrical shapes and solids, ranking test, direction sense test, days and dates and possible combinations, analogy, and classification.
- Plants, animals, food and digestion, clothing, matter and materials, force, work and energy, our environment, earth and the universe.
- HOT Questions
The remaining full syllabus for class 5 and above can be found on the official website.
It is important to bear in mind that the questions for the level 1 Olympiad exams will be 60 percent from the current class portion while the remaining 40 percent from the previous class syllabus.
On the other hand, questions for the level 2 Olympiad will be only from the current class syllabus.