Analyzing the general trend of JEE Advanced, we have come up with 10 tricks to crack JEE Advanced. Though JEE preparation is entirely subjective, these tricks form the core strategy for JEE aspirants:
Tricks To Crack JEE Advanced
1. Focus: Focus more on understanding the topics rather than just the formulae. This way you can ensure that you imbibe the method used to arrive at the formulae and doing so will mean you will never forget the formulae.
2. Organise your time: Watch the time taken to solve the questions; subject-wise allocation of time will help, so JEE Advanced paper can be attempted within the time constraint. This helps in exam-simulation. While in the exam, you should be able to filter out the easy questions from the difficult ones so you know the amount of time to allot to them. Another way to maximise your score is to screen through the question paper before so you can attempt the easier ones and less calculation involving questions before you start off with the questions that require longer calculations. It is smarter if you know when to leave a question so you can give that time saved to another one.
3. Fulfil targets on daily basis: Your daily study plan must include learning and revision so assign daily goals for you and fulfil them. This will boost your confidence and avoid time wastage.
4. Practice solving past years’ papers: Once you are through with a concept or chapter, solve past years’ papers (at least last 8-10 years). This will guide you about the transition in pattern of questions and will prepare you for what to anticipate.
5. Subject-wise planning: Based on your preference, select subject wise topics to be covered each day. Remember your weakness may be someone else’s strength so never ignore a less favourite topic. Refer to the latest JEE Advanced syllabus for your study plan.
6. Clarity in concepts: Develop a clear thinking process so that the moment you see a question you know the correct theory or formula to be used.
7. From basics to classics: Always start from the fundamentals and then gradually move up further. In this way, you can tackle even a difficult problem as you are well-versed with the concept. Straight away jumping to an advanced level problem is not a good idea.
8. Numericals are crucial: Solving enough numericals is crucial to crack JEE Advanced. So, practise at least 40-50 numericals on each day of your JEE Advanced preparation. With subjects like Maths, Physics and Chemistry there is no dearth of numerical problems.
9. Save best for the last: Study more crucial sections of the syllabus in the beginning and push easier ones for later. Mark difficult portion in the notes so that revision towards the end becomes easier.
10. Discuss with your peers: Discussing and clearing doubts with fellow aspirants and mentors can help you overcome your weaknesses. Interact with them without any hesitation to devise an efficient study plan for yourself.
Finally, your perseverance throughout the preparation is your cutting edge to make it to your dream college. Believe in yourself and don’t fret over the results. With a dedicated approach, there is nothing you can’t do.