UGC NET (National Eligibility Test):
On behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) every year. For 2018, the exam is scheduled to be held on 8th July. CBSE UGC NET 2018 admit card is now available for download from today i.e. 21st June 2018.
National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted twice a year in order to select candidates for only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects at 91 selected NET Examination Cities spread across the country.
The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor. The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them. The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate into all three papers of NET. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF.
UGC NET Schedule for 2018
|Availability of Detailed Notification 1st February||1st February|
|Online Applications||6th March – 12th April|
|Last Date for Application Fee||6th April – 13th April|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form||25th April – 1st May|
|CBSE UGC NET 2018 Admit Card||21st June 2018|
|UGC NET Examination||8th July|
UGC NET 2018 Admit Card
Steps to download UGC NET 2018 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of UGC NET here.
- Click on “Download Admit Card” link on the page.
- Enter the required information anad login.
- Download the UGC NET 2018 admit card.
The admit card is the mandatory document to be produced in the examination center. Without valid admission card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall. No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination hall whose UGC NET admission ticket is not issued by the board.
Details mentioned on the Admit Card:
- Candidate Name
- Address of the Examination Center
- Photograph and Signature of Candidate
- Address of Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Date & Time of the Examination
- General Instructions for examination (Backside of admit card)
Candidates will be able to download the UGC NET admit card from the official website. The admit cards can be downloaded in the month of June 2018. The examination will be conducted on 8th July 2018. Candidates can access their UGC NET hall ticket 2018 only through the official website.
It is advised to the candidates to carefully check the venue and time of the exam in order to be clear. Do not forget to carry a photo identity card along with the printout of the online NET 2018 admit card on the examination day.
|Events||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Exam date||8th July 2018||8th July 2018|
|Entry in the Examination Hall||07.00 AM||10.45 AM|
|Distribution of Test Booklet||09.15 AM||10.50 AM|
|Last entry in the Examination Hall||09.30 AM||11.00 AM|
|Test commences||09.30 AM||11.00 AM|
|Test concludes||10.30 AM||1.00 PM|
Scheme of Tests
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 (All compulsory)||1 Hour|
|Second||II||200||100 (All compulsory)||2 Hours|
Procedure and Criteria for the declaration of result
Step I: The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant Professor shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of NET.
Step II: The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of India.
Step III: In order to be considered for Both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Assistant Professor and for Eligibility for Assistant Professor Only , the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories (viz., SC, ST, OBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer) & PWD) and Transgenders.
Step IV: The number of candidates to be declared qualified in any subject for a particular category is derived.
Step V: All candidates who had applied for Eligibility for JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both out of the total number of qualified candidates derived as per Step IV, shall constitute the consideration zone for JRF.
Step VI: The total number of slots available for awarding JRF is allocated among different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of India.
UGC NET Important Instructions by CBSE
- On behalf of UGC, the Central Board of Secondary Education announces holding of the National Eligibility Test(NET) on 08th JULY, 2018 (SUNDAY)for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects (listed under item no.14 on page 12-14) at 91 selected Cities of Examination (listed under item no.15 on page 14-16) spread across the country.
- The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of NET in aggregate. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF. Candidate appearing in NET should clearly specify in the prescribed Application Form whether they are applying for both JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR only for eligibility for Assistant Professor. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
- The result of the UGC-NET to be held on 08th July, 2018 will be made available on the websites: cbsenet.nic.in as and when it is declared. The candidate will not be individually intimated about their result. The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor. The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them.
- Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/Persons with Disability(PwD)/Other Backward Classes(OBC)(Non creamy layer), as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website: www.ncbc.nic.in, candidate will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the UGC.
- Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions. The validity period of the offer is three years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, in case the candidates who have already joined M. Phil./Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
UGC NET General Instructions
- The UGC NET Admission Card 2018 is an important and compulsory document to enter the examination centre.
- Candidates are advised to re-check all details that are printed on the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy in information printed on the UGC NET 2018 Hall Ticket – The concerned candidate should contact the concerned authorities immediately.
- Check your name, father’s name, exam centre address, photograph, signature, exam date and timing, etc. properly.
- Take an extra printout of the admit card, just in case.
- Do not carry any electronic item or study material such as Phones, Smartwatches, etc.
- Candidates are not allowed to write anything else on the admit card.
This was our article about UGC NET 2018 Admit Card. To all the candidates appearing for NET 2018 – Good luck, may the odds be in your favor!