UPSEE counselling will start in June and results will be declared on official UPSEE website. There will be 5 rounds of UPSEE counselling. Round 1 will be conducted in June 2019. Round 2, 3, and 4 will be conducted in July 2019. Round 5 will be held in August 2019.
UPSEE 2019 Counselling
Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) is a state-level entrance test organised by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU). Admissions in UG and PG courses in Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Hotel Management, and Catering Technology, Fashion and Apparel Design, Fine Arts, and Management are on the basis of UPSEE. In this article, we’re going to focus on the UPSEE Counselling for 2019 and all aspects related to it. The first round of the UPSEE 2019 counselling procedure will conclude and students can view their results here. Let’s see the steps to view the results
How to check allotment results?
- Visit the counselling results’ page.
- Provide your details vis-a-vis Application number, Password (created during application procedure) & the security pin.
- Hit the ‘Sign in’ button.
- You can view the current round of allotment.
If the candidates is not allotted a seat in the current round, they must proceed to the next round of counselling according to the UPSEE counselling schedule given below.
UPSEE Counselling Schedule 2019
|UPSEE Counselling Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Registration & Verification of Documents||19th – 25th June 2019|
|Choice Filling & locking – Round 1||20th – 26th June 2019|
|Allocation of Seats||29th June 2019|
|2nd round of UPSEE counselling Registration & Verification of Documents||3rd – 5th July 2019|
|Choice Filling & locking – Round 2||3rd – 7th July 2019|
|Seat Allocation results – Round 2||9th July 2019|
|Verification of Seats||9th – 10th July 2019|
|Online Registration & Document Verification – Round 3||11th – 14th July 2019|
|Choice Filling & locking- Round 3||11th – 15th July 2019|
|Seat Allotment results – Round 3||16th July 2019|
|Registration & Document verification – Round 4||19th – 22nd July, 2019|
|Choice Filling & locking – Round 4||19th – 23rd July 2019|
|Seat Allocation results||24th July 2019|
|Provisional Allotment Letter Download & Physical reporting at the institute||26th – 29th July 2019|
|Vacancy announcement by ERP||30th July 2019|
|Registration & Document verification – Round 5||31st July, 2019|
|Choice Filling & locking – Round 4||31st July – 1st August 2019|
|Seat Allocation results – Round 5||2nd August 2019|
Only the candidates qualifying the UPSEE 2019 are eligible to participate in the UPSEE 2019 counselling procedure. The counselling process is likely to begin from the second week of June 2019. According to the notification on the UPSEE website, the counselling process will start soon after the results of intermediate exams of various boards are announced. Candidates have to participate in the UPSEE counselling as per the schedule that will be announced by the University on the basis of the ranks of the candidates and the merit list.
What’s new in UPSEE 2019?
- UPSEE has made the submission of Aadhar Card mandatory from the academic year 2019-19.
- There is also an increase in the UPSEE 2019 Application Fees i.e. an increase of Rs. 100.
- Kanpur Dehat has been added as a new exam centre.
- AKTU has announced that the document verification will be conducted in the online mode for the UPSEE academic year 2019-19.
- An official notification says that during the registration stage of counselling, the candidates need to upload scanned copies of the necessary documents in 200kb size each. The OBC candidates have to get their caste certificates made after 1st April 2019.
- After the allotment of seats, candidates need to confirm and block their seats by paying the requisite admission fees.
- The UPSEE 2019 Counselling will be conducted in two phases which will be followed by a special phase for the reserved category candidates.
- The outside UP candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from outside the state are eligible to apply for 10% of the seats in AKTU affiliated private institutions, provided they fulfill the necessary eligibility criteria.
- Any available seats after the conclusion of UPSEE Counselling may be open to candidates based on their JEE-Main 2019 scores or their Class 12 performance.
UPSEE Counselling Procedure 2019
Seats will be allotted to candidates during UPSEE counselling on the basis of their ranks in the UPSEE 2019 results, in the order of preference given for the seats and availability of seats in the category.
A step-wise detailed UPSEE 2019 counselling procedure is outlined below.
Step 1: Counselling Registration
In order to participate in UPSEE 2019 counselling, the eligible candidates need to register themselves by paying the counselling fee of Rs. 500 through a bank Demand Draft. After successful registration, the students will be requested to appear in person for the verification of documents at the designated help centres.
The Demand Draft should be in favour of the “Finance Officer, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow” payable at the city branch of the candidate’s counselling centre.
Step 2: Document Verification
During the registration process, the candidates must upload scanned copies of the necessary documents online. As mentioned earlier, each document must not be above 200kb size.
Given below is the list of documents to be uploaded online:
- UPSEE 2019 Rank Card.
- UPSEE 2019 Admit Card.
- Class 12th Certificate & Marks Sheet.
- Rural Weightage Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate of the candidate’s parents (for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from outside UP).
- Character Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Category Certificate for (SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Sub-Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Income Certificate (if applicable).
- GDDA Category Certificate (if applicable)
After the documents are verified, candidates will be provided a one-time password (OTP) to log in for the next step i.e. Choice Filling.
Step 3: Choice Filling
The process of choice filling will be conducted through online mode. Candidates need to login to their respective accounts and select the number of choices of courses or colleges based on their order of preference. To avoid missing out on a seat, candidates may select as many choices as possible. Candidates need to save their choices before logging out of their accounts. There’s also a provision for candidates to edit, modify, add or delete their choices before locking them.
Step 4: Seat Allocation
After completion of the choice filling process, the result of the allocation of seats will be announced. The seat allotment will be done online based on the UPSEE 2019 merit list, the choices filled, and the availability of the seats. Higher ranked candidates will be given preference. Once the seat allotments are announced, candidates need to log in to download their provisional allotment letters and pay the requisite fees.
Step 5: Seat Confirmation
Once the seats have been allocated, candidates have to confirm their seats. At this step, students have an option to also leave or forfeit their seats. To confirm their seats, candidates need to pay a part fee of Rs. 15000 online. Please note that this part fee will be adjusted against the total fees payable to the college. Once the payment is successful, candidates must download and take printouts of the receipt that is generated online as it will need to be produced at the time of reporting to the college. It’s worth noting that the fee payment has to be done within the specified time and candidates who don’t confirm their seats will forfeit them.
Candidates who have confirmed their seats must report to the allotted college along with the provisional seat allotment letter within the specified dates. Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of their ranks in the UPSEE 2019 entrance exam, in the order of preference given for the seats and availability of seats in the category.
On the day of reporting to the college, the candidates will be required to deposit the remaining amount of fee and other charges (if applicable) to complete their admission formalities. In case a candidate does not report to the allotted institute, the fee deposited at counselling centre will not be refunded to him/her.
Documents required for verification
The following documents will be required for verification at the centres.
- UPSEE 2019 Admit Card.
- Class XII Mark sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Sub-category Certificate (for candidates belonging to Freedom Fighters/ Armed Forces/ Physically Handicapped Category)
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- GDDA category certificate (if applicable).
- Rural Weightage Certificate.
- Income certificate, for economically weaker candidates.
There will be 5 rounds of UPSEE 2019 counselling, including the ‘Additional Round’ of counselling. All the main features of these rounds of counselling are as below:
UPSEE 2019 Counselling Rounds
- Main Round (Round 1):The first round will be held in two phases (1 and 2). All the candidates belonging to all the streams and holding ranks between 1- 35000 will be invited for seat allocation.
- JEE (Main) and CMAT Counselling Round (Round 2):In this round, the seats will only be allocated to JEE Main and CMAT qualifying candidates.
- UPSEE Counselling for the SC/ST/OBC Candidates (Round 3): The round three of counselling will only be held for the ST, ST and OBC candidates. The first to last rank holders will be invited for seat allocation.
- Counselling Only for SC Candidates (Round 4): The round four will be exclusively for the candidates belonging to SC category. In this round, SC candidates from the first to the last rank will be allocated seats.
- Additional Round of Counselling: There is no surety that this additional round of counselling will be held. This round will only be held if the seats remain vacant after the conclusion of all the above rounds of counselling. To participate in this round, candidates will have to register anew. Candidates who will be allocated seat in this round will have to give up their seat allotted earlier (if allotted). However, if the seat is not allocated to the candidate in this round, but was allocated earlier then the seat allocated in the earlier round of UPSEE counselling 2019 will be retained.
UPSEE Seat Allotment 2019
- 10% of the total sanctioned seats available in Technology / Architecture courses in private institutions affiliated to AKTU will be allocated through the merit of Non-UP Domicile candidates without reservation (subject to conditions of eligibility). This holds true for those candidates whose parents belong to states other than UP and the candidate has passed the qualifying examination from outside UP. However, such candidates must have appeared for UPSEE 2019 and admissions will be granted based on their rank in the UPSEE 2019 merit list.
- All seats in Government/Government-aided/ Government self-financed Institutes will be filled by the UPSEE 20198candidates.
- 85% of the seats in private colleges for all the courses will be filled by the UPSEE 2019 qualified candidates.
The following is the order of preference for allocating the vacant seats in NRI/Management quota or for the vacant seats after the conclusion of the UPSEE 2019 Counselling procedure (within 15 days of the last date of counselling).
- The qualifying candidates of JEE-Main 2019 who fulfill the specified eligibility conditions based on their JEE-Main 2019 ranks.
- Qualifying candidates of UPSEE 2019 who meet the eligibility criteria on the basis of their UPSEE 2019 ranks.
- Candidates who have passed the intermediate examination of the UP Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University. The candidates must have secured minimum marks of 50% (45% for SC/ST) taken together. Candidates must have passed without any grace marks. Admissions to these candidates will be granted on the basis of their merit in Class 12.
UPSEE 2019 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For your benefit, we’ve put together some frequently asked questions about UPSEE 2019 that will help clarify many of your doubts.
The UPSEE 2019 examination fees can be paid either through Bank Challan (Through SBI Collect) or via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
There is be no negative marking in UPSEE 2019. However, a record of incorrect answers will be preserved by the authorities.
Yes, You can apply for UPSEE 2019. However, at the time of document verification, you will have to show the domicile certificate of your parents to avail the benefits offered to domicile candidates.
The Entrance Examination Fee for UPSEE 2019 is Rs. 1200/- for Male/Transgender candidates of General & OBC category and Rs. 600/- for Female candidates/ Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories and SC/ST candidates.
For B. Tech. / B. Pharm. minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks aggregate (without grace) are required to appear in the UPSEE 2019 examination. However B. Arch. candidates require minimum 50% aggregate marks.
Visit the website, click on the ‘Forgot Password’ tab on the login page. You will be given two options viz. A: Use the security question and its answer that you chose during the form filling process or option B: Use a verification code sent via text message to your registered mobile number. After providing the necessary personal details, you will be able to set a new password.
Click on the tab ‘Forgot Application No.’ on the login page. Your application number will be sent to your registered mobile number.
You must choose the subject ‘other’ only if you have not studied any of the listed subjects in your qualifying examination. If you have studied some of subjects then don’t choose the ‘other’ option. The application form is primarily concerned with the subject combination as explained in clause 3 of the information brochure.
Candidates can refer to the UPSEE 2019 official brochure for detailed information on all aspects of the examination.
Never miss out on any important information pertaining to your admission in your dream Institute. To stay informed, keep following Toppr.com.
If you have any queries about UPSEE 2019, do leave it in the comments section.
Toppr wishes you all the best!