UPTU: Home To Great Alumni
That last shadow of a soul filled with curiosity – is an imagery that would rise in any reminiscing conversation about college days. A splash of joyful shades to the imagery is the facilities and exposure you get in your college. It is not always the college administration the hones your skills, students of the past contribute a lot though most of the time it remains behind the veils.
Starting from choosing your right destination to pursue your dream, alumni records play a role. It’s the glorious past of the institution that instills hope in the future to invest. Also there are a plenty of institutions across the country whose bars have risen because of the contribution from their alumni. These are the people who served their alma mater well while they were there in their college and continue to do so. For instance, NIT Trichy’s alumni association RECAL has nurtured the institute relations with industry and institutes abroad.
UPTU (Uttar Pradesh Technical University) now known as Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Technical University is one of the largest universities in Asia having 800 colleges affiliated to it. The university stands as the alma mater to many successful professionals and holds a promising future. HBTI (HARCOURT BUTLER TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTE) is a popular institute affiliated to UPTU. Harcourtians (as they are popularly known) have set their footmarks in most of the distinguished educational institutes and service sector industries. The Alumni Association of HBTI works to bring together all the alumni and organises national and international meets. A list of some notable alumni as cited in wikipedia is as follows:
- Anil Khandelwal, Ex.Chairman and Managing Director, Bank of Baroda
- Dinesh J. Shahra,Managing Director, Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd.
- Dinesh Agarwal, Founder & CEO,IndiaMART
- C. Purohit, Chairman & MD,Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- Yashvir Singh, MP (2009-2014)from Nagina Lok Sabha Constituency (UP)
- Hari Mohann Kansal,Director & CEO, Uflex Group Company
- Anu Garg, Founder, Wordsmith.org
- Raj Senani, Director, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Sudhir Kant, Ex-President, Millipore, India, and Founder & Director, U.S. India Importers’ Council
Apart from this, there are a lot more students who have benefited from the university and the institute continues to offer the much needed momentary affairs – breakthroughs to all the students with a curiosity to learn and shine!