VIT University formerly called Vellore Engineering College, is a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act. Founded in 1984, as Vellore Engineering College, by Mr. G. Viswanathan, the institution offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduate, 4 integrated and 4 research programs. It has campuses both at Vellore and Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. VIT is ranked 13 in National Institutional Ranking Framework published by Ministry of Human Resource Development in April 2016.
Admission to VIT is conducted on a merit basis through it’s own online entrance exam, called the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) and through management quota also. Nearly 2,00,000 students appear for the entrance test every year. At present there are total 4917 seats available for the candidates in VIT University. Before we move towards the procedure, you must be aware of the important dates. Read on!
VITEEE 2017 Important Dates
|Application will be available from||9th November 2016|
|Last date to apply||28th February 2017|
|Admit card availability from||During slot booking|
|VITEEE 2017 Exam Date||5th April to 16th April 2017|
|Result declaration||On or before 24th April 2017|
|Counselling starts from||2nd week of May 2017|
VITEEE 2017 Eligibility
- Candidates born on or after 1st July 1995 will be eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have 60% marks in aggregate (PCB/PCM) in the qualifying examination (10+2/Intermediate).
- Candidates belong to SC/ST category or North Eastern States are required to obtain 50% marks in aggregate (PCM/PCB) in 12th
- Candidate who have studied in Full Time, Regular and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- “NIOS” Candidates will also be eligible.
VITEEE 2017 Application Form
VITEEE application forms will be available from November 2016. After official notification candidates may apply by accessing official website. The applicants can get application forms either through online or offline mode. The applicants will be allowed to do any correction (if any) till February 2017.
Payment of application fee
- Online payment- The application fee can be paid through debit/credit card. The applicants paying application fee through online mode will have to pay Rs. 940/- as application fee.
- Payment through DD- If any applicant opts for payment through DD then he/she has to pay a Demand Draft of Rs. 990/- in favour of VIT University payable at Vellore.
How to apply for VITEEE 2017
Application process through online mode
- Logon to the official website of VIT University.
- Now apply for new user registration in Step I & enter all the required details. Once you done with registration, you will get a password in your registered mail ID.
- Next will be the step II, wherein the applicants need to login using their email ID & password received during step I registration.
- Now, the applicants can see their application forms on the screen.
- Now the applicants will have to go through the instruction thoroughly and fill up the application form carefully.
- They also have to upload the scanned images of their photograph & signature in specified format.
- To complete the application procedure, the applicants will have to pay the application fee either through online mode or through DD.
- The applicants are advised to recheck their details and then they need to click on “Confirm & Submit”.
- On successful submission, a unique application number will be generated. The applicants are also advised to take the print out of their duly filled application form for future reference.
Application process through offline mode
- In offline mode of application, the applicants can get the application form from any nearby post-office or sales counter. The applicants will have to send their duly filled application form at this address-
Admission Officer, VIT University, Vellore- 632014, Tamil Nadu, India
The applicants are advised to go through the instruction from the bulleting before they start application process. The applicants also have to send a DD of Rs. 990/- along with application form. The applicants have to write their name & application no. on the reverse side of the DD.
Important instructions for applicants
- The photograph of the applicants needs to be colored with a size between 10 kb to 200 kb in jpg/jpeg format.
- The size of the signature should be between 10 kb to 200 kb in jpg/jpeg format.
- The examination will be held through online mode, hence the applicants must have the basic computer knowledge.
- VITEEE 2017 Admit card can be downloaded from the official website of the university.
Step for Booking Slot and getting Admit Card
• Login to VITEEE OTBS using application number and password.
• Select test city, centre, date and slot available.
• On successful booking, e-hall ticket will be displayed.
• Print VITEEE Admit Card. Candidate has to show admit card on the day of exam.
Counselling and Seat Allotment
Counselling is a process where candidates can select desired college campus and branch, and is allotted his/her seat on the basis of his/her rank. VIT does it in two phases: In phase-1 , students up to rank 20,000 are called. Candidates have to remember that they should submit their choice of counselling centre two days before the start of counselling.
Document required for VITEEE 2017 Counselling
- Four Recent Passport size colour photos
- Photo copy of Class 12th Hall Ticket
- Marks sheet of Class 12th or equivalent exam
- Class 10th certificate to verify date of birth
- VITEEE 2017 admit Card
- Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate/School Leaving Certificate
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and North Eastern states must have nativity certificate
- SC/ST Community Certificate
- Student Profile filled by the student
- Affidavit by the student & parent
VITEEE 2017 counselling procedure
• Candidates have to register themselves online for counselling.
• Candidate has to be present at the centre for counselling.
• VIT University also informs the shortlisted candidates about their counselling schedule through SMS. All the details are published on the Website of VIT University.
• Candidates must submit their choice of counselling centre before the counselling starts.
• Vacant seats in both the campuses of VIT University will be displayed on the website and the notice board at the counselling centre.
Fee payment for VITEEE 2017 Counselling
To appear in VITEEE Counselling 2017, candidates have to pay the fee of Rs.50, 000 (only for Phase-I counselling) in form of a crossed DD (Computerised) drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
Note: Application Form Number, Name, Mobile Number must be mentioned on the back of the Demand Draft.
We at Toppr wish you the best of luck for your admission! To know all about VITEEE, visit this article.