VIT slot booking 2018
The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) conducts the VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) to grant admissions to its various undergraduate engineering programs. Over 2.2 lakh candidates registered for VITEEE 2018 held between 5th to 16th April 2018 in 119 cities and 167 centres across India and abroad. The VITEEE 2018 results were announced on 23rd April 2018. VITEEE allows each candidate to choose their respective slots for appearing for the Computer Based Test (CBT). In this article, we bring to you all the important information pertaining to the VIT slot booking 2018.
What is VIT slot booking 2018?
VIT slot booking 2018 is a provision for applicants to schedule their exam dates within the specified period as assigned by VIT University. Online slot booking system is a web based online scheduling system available at www.vit.ac.in wherein the candidates can choose their test city and then the date and batch of for the exams. The slots are booked on first-come- first-served basis and are subject to the availability of the test centre, date, and time. Hence, candidates must not delay in booking their desired slots for VITEEE 2018.
Important Dates for VIT slot booking 2018
The process for VIT slot booking 2018 is scheduled from 19th to 22nd March 2018. Please find below the important dates for the VIT slot booking 2018.
|Commencement of VIT slot booking 2018||19th March 2018|
|VITEEE 2018 Hall Ticket Download||19th March 2018|
|Last Date of Slot Booking||22nd March 2018|
|Last Date for Downloading Hall Ticket||22nd March 2018|
|VITEEE 2018 Examination||5th to 16th April 2018|
How to book the VITEEE 2018 Slot?
Applicants can perform the following tasks to book their VITEEE 2018 slot:
- Visit the official website for VITEEE 2018.
- Click on the ‘VIT slot booking 2018’ tab.
- Login to enter the VIT slot booking 2018 system.
- Check all the details carefully and enter the following information to book the VITEEE 2018 slot:
- Name of the Test.
- Preference of the State/International.
- Preference of Test City.
- Choice of Subjects i.e. PCM or PCB.
- Select your preferred Test Date.
- Select the name of your preferred Test Centre.
- Enter the Test Centre Address.
- The VIT slot booking 2018 happens in real time, candidates will have only one minute’s time for their slot booking.
- After filling all the required information, click on the ‘submit’ tab.
- Candidates will receive a confirmation e-mail on their registered e-mail id confirming the successful slot booking for VITEEE 2018.
- Upon successful completion of slot booking, the applicants will be able to download their VITEEE 2018 Admit Card.
Important Guidelines to keep in mind while booking the VITEEE 2018 Slot
Before proceeding to book their VITEEE 2018 slots, the candidates are advised to keep the following important things in mind:
- The slots for VITEEE 2018 are 9 am to 11.30 am, 12.30 pm to 3 pm, and 4 pm to 6.30 pm.
- The online slot booking system is a web based online scheduling system available at vit.ac.in.
- While booking your test schedule, please ensure that you have a photocopy of the application form you submitted and the Online Test Booking Password.
- The VITEEE slot bookings are done on a ‘first-come-first-served basis’, and are subject to the availability of the test centre, date and time.
- Candidate should first choose the Test City (This should be the same as the one chosen in the application form) and then the date and the batch for the exams.
- In the event of non-booking of a slot, the slot will automatically be booked by the University based on the information provided in the application form.
- For both OMR and online applicants, a password will be sent by e-mail to the e-mail address mentioned in the application form. Therefore, it is mandatory to give a valid e-mail address. VIT will not be responsible for non-receipt of the e-mail if the email address given is incomplete or incorrect.
- The security of the applicant’s Online Slot Booking Password is totally their responsibility.
- The Online Test Booking Password must be kept confidential. Do not disclose it to others or write them down. Store them in a file on your computer or as auto save the password. Your Online Test Booking Password is required only for the purpose of booking a schedule given by the University. Please note that the online test booking system will not allow the candidates to book a slot after the date of booking ends.
- A slot once booked cannot be changed. Request for change of test city, date, slot, and subject will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- In the case of non-availability of slots in the test centre of your choice, you may choose to book a slot in an Alternative centre/date.
- The online slot booking system is available only for those eligible candidates who have submitted the application form complete in all respects on or before the last date Mentioned.
- It’s the responsibility of the candidates to book their test schedule in the ONLINE SLOT BOOKING SYSTEM within the stipulated time. VIT will not be held accountable for the non-bookings. The entrance test fee will not be refunded under any circumstances in such cases.
- Once the VITEEE slot booking is complete, the e-Admit card will be generated which needs to be printed by the applicants from the same page. A reprint option is also available at the same URL link.
- Candidates don’t need to panic in the unfortunate event of any spelling mistakes or typos in the Name/Gender/Date of Birth, etc. fields of the Hall Ticket as the same can be corrected at the counselling or admission stages.
- If the applicant’s Photograph/Signature is not printed on the VITEEE 2018 Hall Ticket, he/she must carry one passport size photo with one photo Identity proof to the Exam Centre and things will be sorted.
- Candidates must choose PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English) or PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English) at the time of slot booking.
- Candidates attempting PCME are eligible for all Engineering programs and Candidates attempting PCBE are eligible only for Bio stream programs.
- Applicants are advised to use Mozilla Firefox browser if they’re unable to open the pages with other browsers.
- If the VITEEE 2018slot booking page is still not loading then the candidates should try clearing all the old cookies using C Cleaner or press F5 to refresh the page.
Step-by-step guide for VIT slot booking 2018 process
VIT slot booking 2018 can be done by accessing VIT’s Online Test Booking System (OTBS). Slot booking for VITEEE 2018 is to be done by entering the Application Number and Password along with the Security Cod. Applicants can go through the steps outlined below to book their VITEEE 2018 slots.
Steps to book the VITEEE 2018 Slot
STEP 1: Log in to the Online Test Booking System (OTBS)
- Log in to vit.ac.in to access the OTBS page.
- Enter your APPLICATION NUMBER and
- Enter the CHARACTERS IN THE EMPTY TEXT BOXfrom the text box provided below the password.
- Now, click onLOG IN.
STEP 2: Opening the slot booking window
- After logging in, read and confirm your details mentioned on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on the box that says ‘please click the check box and proceed for the slot booking’.
- Now, click on the ‘book a seat’ tab to proceed further.
For correction of conflicting information, candidates can send an e-mail to [email protected] or call at 0416-220 2168/0416-220 2157/0416-330 5555.
STEP 3: Booking Test City
The candidates now need to enter the following information on the ‘BOOK A SEAT’ Page:
- TEST NAME – VITEEE 2018.
- STATE/INTERNATIONAL – UTTAR PRADESH (For instance).
- TEST CITY- LUCKNOW (For instance).
- SUBJECT CHOSEN FOR VITEEE 2018 – PCME/PCBE.
- CHOOSE YOUR TEST DATE PREFERENCE – Enter the Date in the Calendar carefully.
- TEST CENTER NAME AND ADDRESS- Select as your convenience.
STEP 4: Booking the Slot
After entering all the above-mentioned details, the names of the test centres and the available slots will be displayed on the screen. Candidates need to book a slot from among the displayed ones because the already booked slots will not be reallocated.
STEP 5: Confirming the Slot booked
As the last step, the candidates need to confirm the slots booked by them. Please note that the VIT slot booking 2018 is done in real time hence you will be given only one minute to confirm your booking. If the page expires, the entire process and all the steps mentioned above have to be performed again.
Generally, the slots are booked very quickly and there’s a chance that your desired slot will not be available by the time you attempt to book it again.
As soon you click ‘OK‘, a dialogue box pops up asking you to confirm your booking within 60 seconds. Click on the ‘Confirm’ tab to complete your VIT slot booking 2018.
Upon successful booking, an e-admit card is generated. Save the PDF. You will receive an e-mail and text message saying ‘KINDLY SAVE BOTH’. Navigate back to the Home Page and print your VITEEE 2018 Admit Card from ‘view my admit card’ link.
Candidates are also advised to go through the VITEEE 2018 information brochure for detailed information on all aspects of the examination.
VITEEE 2018 Admit Card
Once the candidates have successfully booked their VITEEE 2018 slots (i.e. the test date, time, and the city), they will be able to download the VITEEE 2018 Admit Card. VIT will also send the admit card to the candidates via e-mail. Therefore, candidates are advised to use the same e-mail address throughout the admission process. The VITEEE 2018 Admit Card carries important information such as the application number, candidate’s photograph, address, test centre, test date, and time as selected by the candidates. It is mandatory for the candidates to bring one identity proof along with the admit card at the test centre.
Steps to download the VITEEE 2018 Admit Card
- Visit the VITEEE 2018 official website.
- Enter your VITEEE 2018 Application
- Create a password and click on ‘log in’.
- Your VITEEE 2018 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- You’re advised to take multiple printouts of the admit card and preserve it till the admission procedure is over.
VITEEE 2018 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1: I have forgotten my password and cannot Log-in. What should I do?
Ans: If you forget your password, you can get a new password by pressing on ‘Forgot Password’ on the Login page. You will then have to fill in your Application Number when asked. You will then get the new password on the e-mail id you provided and on the phone number you provided.
Q2: I haven’t submitted my VITEEE 2018 application form can I still book the exam slot?
Ans: The online test booking system is available only for those eligible candidates who have submitted the application form complete in all respects on or before the last date mentioned.
Q3: What are dates and time slots for VITEEE 2018?
Ans: VITEEE 2018 will be held from April 5 (Wednesday) to April 16 (Sunday), 2018. The exams will be conducted in 3 sessions on each day.
The Exam timings are: Session 1: 9:00 am to 11:30 am / Session 2: 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm / Session 3: 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Q4: I have forgotten my Application Number and cannot Log-in. What do I do?
Ans: If you forget your Application Number you can get find it pressing on ‘Forgot Application Number’ on the Login page. You will then be directed to a new page where they will be asked to enter their details and then you can get your application number again.
Q5: I want to change my Slot, Am I allowed to do so?
Ans: A slot once booked cannot be changed. Request for change of test city, date, slot, and subject will not be entertained under any circumstances.
For more information, check out our page on VITEEE, encompassing everything you might possibly need to know!
All the Best!