VITEEE results will be out in the last week of April 2018. The counselling and allocation of branches to candidates is based on All India Rank in VITEEE 2018 which can obtained from the official website. VITEEE counselling 2018 will be held tentatively in May 2018. The following figure shows a cope of the official schedule for 2017.
In this article, we bring to you the details of VITEEE counselling, 2018.
VITEEE Counselling 2018 eligibility criterion
Following is the eligibility criterion as mentioned on the official website of VIT.
- VITEEE-2018 Rank holders between 1 to 99999 are eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Vellore / Chennai / Bhopal (MP) / VIT-AP.
- VITEEE-2018 Rank holders 100000 and ABOVE are not eligible for admission in Vellore / Chennai / VIT-AP.
- For VIT- Bhopal: VITEEE-2018 Rank holders upto 150000 are eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Bhopal (MP). The date of counselling for Rank holders between 100000 to 150000 (only for Bhopal, MP) will be announced in due course.
VIT admissions follow four categories – 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th. As you move from a lower numbered category to a higher numbered one, your chances of landing a good department improve. The catch being that your admission fee goes up by 1 lac INR for a category jump. So, if your rank is 12000 you can either land a CSE seat at VIT Chennai through 1st category or land the CSE department at VIT Vellore through 2nd category, of course by paying a higher fees.
VITEEE Counselling Procedure:
- The counselling for allocation of branches to the short-listed candidates is based on their All India Rank in VITEEE 2018 which may be obtained from the website where the results are out.
- Common selection and Admission will be done through a single window counselling at Vellore and Chennai campus for all the B.Tech programs offered in both the campuses of VIT University.
- Candidates shortlisted for VITEEE counselling should also attend the same in person either in Vellore or Chennai campus.
- To take care of possible absentees, the number of qualified candidates has been kept more than the number of seats available. The fact that a candidate has qualified in the VITEEE 2018 and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission. This will depend upon the candidate’s All India Rank (AIR) in the entrance examination and the availability of seats.
- Details of the branches offered under the B.Tech. program, the total number of seats allocated to each branch at the time of counselling, number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre for the benefit of candidates to make their choice.
- Based on the availability, the candidate will be allotted a branch. Candidates should check the VIT website for information on counselling.
- No change of date / time of counselling is permissible. If a candidate does not personally appear before the Admission Committee for counselling on the date specified, his/her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in the order of merit. However, due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he / she can attend on a subsequent time / date, after duly intimating the office, regarding this. But the candidate can only opt for the branch available at that time and cannot claim any other branch as per his / her original turn / seniority.
- After the counselling for a particular day is over, the number of seats ( branch wise ) still available for allotment on the next day of counselling will be published on the website and will also be displayed on the notice board of the Institute for the benefit of candidates.
- If the mark statement of the qualifying exam has not been received before the date of counselling, the candidate would have to furnish an undertaking stating that if he/she fails to qualify as per the norms, it would lead him / her to for ego his / her seat.
Submission of Documents at the Time of Counselling :
The candidates should produce the following documents in original along with one set of photocopies while reporting for VITEEE counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the counselling process without these documents:
- VITEEE Admit Card and VITEEE Result copy
- Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any age proof
- Certificate Marks Sheet of Qualifying Examination ( if available )
- Community Certificate ( For SC / ST only )
- Nativity Certificate ( For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura ).
- The selected candidates will have to submit a Demand Draft of Rs. 30,000 /- in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore, on the confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted which includes 10,000 /- towards counselling fee. VITEEE Counselling Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University. Candidates without DD for the above said amount will not be permitted to attend counselling.
Candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process, only after verification of documents – Authentic records pertaining to identification, age, marks sheet of qualifying examination, community, nativity ( if applicable ) and other eligibility criteria – as specified above. If a candidate fails to produce any of these documents, he/she will not be considered for admission.
A candidate should decide for certain on whether he / she should join the programme based on the branch allotted to him / her at the time of counselling before the payment of the fee.
Allotment of branch & campus once made is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances. Candidates are requested to book the Train / Flight tickets in advance to participate in the VITEEE Counselling either in Vellore Campus / Chennai Campus.
Submission of documents on admission:
- Provisional Admission Letter. ( photo copy )
- Recent Passport size colour photos – 4 nos.
- Affidavit to be signed separately by Student, Parent & Hostel affidavit in 20/- Stamp Paper. ( Format available in www.vit.ac.in )
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- 2 sets of photocopies of all original documents. ( except Affidavit & Physical Fitness Certificate )
- Students hailing from Andhra Pradesh Intermediate Board of Education should make it a point to submit their Pass Certificate Cum Memorandum of Marks at the time of admission.
Candidates can download the acknowledgement for the documents submitted from the VIT website. No written acknowledgement will be issued. All the above mentioned documents shall be handed over to the Admissions Office at the time of admission, failing which the provisional admission accorded will stand canceled.
Read up about the admission process in complete detail before you decide.
Best luck 🙂