VIT University conducts VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) 2016 for granting admissions to various undergraduate engineering programmes. Admissions to its two campuses, Chennai and Vellore, will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE 2016. There are nearly 5,000 B.Tech seats for which around two lakh candidates register and appear every year. This article guides you through your preparations and helps you crack VITEEE. Read on for tips and tricks for VITEEE 2016!
How to crack VITEEE?
- Know your exam: Knowing and understanding the pattern of the examination and types of questions is an indispensable part of your preparation. You must be prepared with the marks distribution and the pattern of the question paper. VITEEE presents the following paper pattern:
|Sections||Total number of questions||Marks per question||Total marks|
|Mathematics / Biology||40||1||40|
All questions will be of objective type and as per the exam pattern. Each question will be followed by four alternative answers and the candidates have to select the right option. Candidates will be given two and half hours to complete the online test. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers. Students who have studied PCB in 10+2 level are eligible for B.Tech Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes. Depending upon the subjects applied for, you can take the VITEEE 2016 PCM+English test or PCB+English test.
- Stick to the syllabus: Refer to the syllabus for VITEEE 2016 examination and make sure you thoroughly cover each topic, but there is no need to go beyond that. Prepare a study plan dividing all the topics and finish all the topics you have assigned in this plan on a daily / weekly basis. You should ideally complete preparation before your board exams and allot time after board exams for revision.
- Be thorough with your basics: Most of the question in such examinations are asked with the motive of testing the basics of the students sitting for the examination. The more you read about a concept, the more you realise how each and every concept is applied to different questions. Hence, you must conquer this first step and only then move ahead in your attemt to crack VITEEE.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses: Your preparation is strictly governed by self-analysis. If you fail to find loopholes in your concepts or shy away from revisiting your mistakes, it is not going to do you any good. Knowing your weaknesses allows you to work on your weak concepts, so ask doubts and probe further into concepts. Leave no stone unturned!
- Familiarize with online environment: VITEEE 2016 will be an online computer based test. Familiarizing yourself with online environment and solving the paper under a computerized clock becomes customary. Your focus should be understanding the exam environment and working towards solving such types of questions which are asked in the test. Solve as many sample papers and mock tests as you can to do crack VITEEE.
- Revision notes: Lastly, make proper notes of concepts that require regular revision. These could be mathematical formulae or important chemical reactions; basically, anything that is important and is expected to be remembered for the exam. These notes help you in your last minute preparation and helps you to quickly go through the concepts.
VITEEE examinations are known to be comparatively easier than its peer exams, consisting mostly of questions which are formula based. Be diligent and you can crack the code. All the best!