Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is an annual test to get admission, as name is suggestive, into Vellore Institute of technology (VIT). VIT is one of the most prestigious engineering colleges of India. You can read all about it here. Let’s discuss VITEEE 2018 result.
VITEEE 2018 Result
VITEEE 2018 result will be declared on April 25, 2018. In 2017, Aashish Waikar of Maharashtra topped the exams with Divyansh Tripathi on a close second. VIT has declared the Top 10 performers on the official website. Candidates can check their results here. Candidates may predict their branches based on VITEEE 2018 result, based on the following closing ranks of VIT in 2016 & 2015. Before going into it, let’s see the procedure to check the results.
How to view VITEEE 2018 Result?
Candidates can follow these steps to view results.
- Access the official website
- Select the VITEEE 2018 result link, in the Bulleting board
- Provide you application number & Date of Birth
- You’d be able to view your results
- It is recommended that you take a print out of the result, for use in future.
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2018 Counselling
Following is the eligibility criterion as mentioned on the official website of VIT.
- VITEEE-2018 Rank holders between 1 to 99999 are eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Vellore / Chennai/Bhopal (MP) / VIT-AP.
- VITEEE-2018 Rank holders 100000 and ABOVE are not eligible for admission in Vellore / Chennai / VIT-AP.
- For VIT- Bhopal: VITEEE-2018 Rank holders upto 150000 are eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Bhopal (MP). The date of counselling for Rank holders between 100000 to 150000 (only for Bhopal, MP) will be announced in due course.
VITEEE 2017 was held from 4th April, 2018. VITEEE, unlike JEE & BITSAT, has three exam slots in a day, 2.5 hours each, – 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM & 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM. Last slot of VITEEE 2018 was the last slot on 15th April, 2017. VITEEE is an online or computer based test. Each section, except English, has 40 questions each carrying 1 mark. English has only 5 questions carrying the same value. So, maximum score possible is 125.Read all you want to know about VITEEE here. If you have any queries regarding VITEEE, do leave them in the comments’ section. That’s all for now. Toppr wishes you all the very best for exams.
|Department/Branch||Closing Rank in 2016||Closing Rank in 2015|
|Computer Science and Engineering||7000||15000|
|Computer science and Engg. (Specialisation in Bioinformatics)||13500||7500|
|Bio Medical Engineering||45000||13000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||14500||15500|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||15500||16000|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||18500||16500|
|Mechanical (Spec. in Automotive Engineering)||12300||20000|
|Mechanical (Spec. in Energy Engineering)||20000||25000|
|Production and Industrial Engg.||50000||27500|
|ECE (Spec.Internet of Things and Sensor)||14800||–|
|Comp.Science Engg.(Spec.in Information Security)||7500||–|