The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination, or the WB-JEE is a state-government controlled centralized admission test, which is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board every year for facilitating admission across many government as well as private medical and engineering institutions in West Bengal.
WBJEE 2017 Application Form will be available from January 2017, the deadline for submission being February 2017. The exact dates will be announced soon. All the information required to fill the Application form along with proforma for domicile and income certificate is made available in the information Brochure which will release in late December 2016. Before filling the WBJEE 2017 Application Form, candidates must go through all the details about the application process like uploading of images, eligibility criteria, domicile requirements and fee payment. We present you a step-by-step procedure to fill the application form:
WBJEE 2017 Application Form
Steps to fill the WBJEE 2017 Application Form
- Once the link for WBJEE 2017 application form is available, you must visit the link to begin to apply.
- The link will take you to the registration portal.
- Once you select the Apply button, you will be taken to the application form.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click ‘Next’ to proceed.
Once you start filling up the WBJEE 2017 application form, you will be required to fill the following details:
- Exam Related Details
- Both (Engineering & Medical)
- Candidate’s Full Name: As registered in class 10th or equivalent Examination. Do not use salutations like Sri, Mr, Ms
- Father’s Name: As registered in class 12 or equivalent Examination. Do not use salutations like Sri, Mr, Ms, Dr, and Late.
- Mother’s Name: As registered in class 12 or equivalent Examination. Do not use salutations like Sri, Mr, Ms, Dr, and Late.
- Date of Birth
- Nationality: Candidates of Indian origin only will be eligible for WBJEE 2017 admission.
- State of Domicile: Select between West Bengal, Assam, Tripura, Others.
- District Name
- Religion: Select between Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Others.
- Income Category : Choose one of the income brackets from the drop down list:
- above 10 lakhs
- from 6.0 lakhs to below 10 lakhs
- from 2.5 lakhs to below 6.0 lakhs
- below 2.5 lakhs
Note: For category ‘1’ and ‘2’, OBC will be treated as creamy
- Whether eligible for tuition fee waiver (TFW) scheme: Auto-filled
- Category: Candidates domiciled outside West Bengal can choose General only.
- Whether eligible for tuition fee waiver (TFW) scheme : (Applicable for Engg/Tech/Arch/Pharm courses only)
- Gender: Select between male and female.
- Place of Residence: Select your type of place of residence from the drop down.
- Permanent Address:
- Address : Max 100 characters
- Choice of Examination Centre:
- 1st Choice of Exam Centre (District-Zone):
- 2nd Choice of Exam Centre (District-Zone):
- 3rd Choice of Exam Centre (District-Zone):
Note: Candidates Domiciled out of West Bengal have to select from Howrah, Kolkata, North 24 Pgs, South 24 Pgs.
WBJEE 2017 Academic Details
Class 10th or Equivalent Details:
- Year of Passing Madhyamik/Class 10 equivalent examination
- Name and address of school from which you have passed class 10th examination
Class 12 or Equivalent Details:
- Year of Passing/Appearing Higher Secondary or Class 12 equivalent Examination.
- Board from where you have passed/will appear for class 12 or equivalent Examination.
- District Name of School for Class 12.
- Name and postal address of school from which you have passed/will appear class 12 final examination or equivalent.
- Land Line No. with STD code: This is Optional
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
Applied for JEE (Main) – 2017
- Have you applied in JEE (Main) – 2017 : Yes / No
- Enter Application Number: Enter JEE Application number in case of Yes above.
Password must be 8 to 13 characters long and must have at least one of each of the following.
- One Upper case alphabet
- One Lower case alphabet
- One special characters
- At least one Numeric value
Enter Security Pin: As given on screen
WBJEE 2017 Application Number:
A unique 7-digit numeric application number will be generated automatically on successful submission of the personal details as above. WBJEE 2017 Application Number and password must be preserved for future logins.
WBJEE 2017 Images Upload
Candidates have to upload the images as per the specifications given below:
|Photograph *||4 KB||100 KB||4.5 cm||3.5 cm||All Candidates|
|Left Thumb Impression *||1KB||30 KB||1.5 cm||3.5 cm||All Candidates|
|Signature *||1KB||30 KB||1.5 cm||3.5 cm||All Candidates|
|Admit card/ registration certificate/ mark sheet of 10th standard,
where date of birth is mentioned or birth certificate *
|50 KB||300 KB||210 mm||297 mm||All Candidates|
|Income Certificate||50 KB||300 KB||210 mm||297 mm||WB domiciled TFW|
|PwD certificate||50 KB||300 KB||210 mm||297 mm||WB domiciled PwD|
|50 KB||300 KB||210 mm||297 mm||WB domiciled SC/
|Domicile certificate||50 KB||300 KB||210 mm||297 mm||WB domicile (optional*
for ‘E’ type general
All candidates must compulsorily upload the following documents:
- Recent Passport sized color Photograph
- Left Thumb Impression (LTI)
- Own Signature- Capital letters should not be used and full name must be written in the signature
- Class X Admit Card
- All the scanned images must be in jpg/jpeg format and all the scanned document must in A4 page size format
Candidates domiciled in West Bengal including those, who want to enjoy various category benefits need to upload the following documents, as applicable, in addition to the above:
- SC/ST/OBC certificate
- Duly filled up domicile certificate
- The PwD certificate
- Duly filled up income certificate
Important instructions for photograph:
- The photograph must not be snapped before December 31, 2016
- It must be snapped in a professional studio. Low quality photographs, self composed portraits and snaps from mobile phones may result in rejection of application form
- A light colored background is must
- It must be clicked with a full face view looking at front. The face should occupy at least 50% area of the photograph
- Spectacles must be clear and transparent; dark or tinted glasses are not allowed
- Main feature of the face like forehead, eyes, nose and chin must be clearly visible and must not be covered by shadow, cloth or hair of the head
- It must match with the candidate’s appearance at the time of examination
WBJEE 2017 Application Fees and Payment
Irrespective of a candidate’s category and gender, a candidate applying for WBJEE 2017 has to pay application fee, through online mode. After filling all the details and uploading documents successfully, the candidate will be directed to a webpage for application fee payment. The candidate has the option to choose from the following modes of payment:
- Payment through Allahabad Bank e-Challan: The candidate has to select “Allahabad Bank e-challan” to submit the application fee through bank.
- Payment through EPG: The candidate has to select EPG if he/she desires to submit the application fee through electronic payment gateway via debit card, credit card or net banking.
WBJEE 2017 Application Fees
- For type E candidates, which stands for Engineering, WBJEE 2017 application fee is Rs. 500 (plus service change of the bank).
- For type C candidates, which stands for Engineering and Medical Courses both, WBJEE application fee 2017 is Rs. 600 (plus service charge of the bank).
- For type M candidates, which stands for Medical, WBJEE 2017 application fee is Rs. 500 (plus service change of the bank).
WBJEE 2017 Confirmation Page Generation
- Only after submitting the form and making the payment, candidates would be able to download and print the WBJEE 2017 Online Confirmation Page
- Generation of confirmation page indicates the completion of registration process
- Candidates are requested to take the printout of confirmation page for any future reference
For further information regarding WBJEE, check out our all you need to know article on WBJEE!
For the latest updates on WBJEE 2017, keep following us here.
That is all for now. All the best!