The WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) is a state-level common entrance test organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. It was conducted to screen candidates for admissions in undergraduate engineering, architecture & pharmacy programmes offered by various colleges and universities of West Bengal. Through this exam, students will get eligible for admissions in Government Colleges and Self Financed Institutes in the state.
WBJEE offers admissions to engineering courses in about 104 institutes and colleges across the state through a common counselling held after the announcement of the WBJEE 2017 Result. Admissions to the participating institutes of WBJEE 2017 are offered to the candidates on the basis of their ranks. WBJEE 2017 result will be announced tentatively on June 5, 2017. However, self-financed engineering colleges may also offer admissions to candidates on the basis of their merit in All-India common entrance test, viz. JEE Main 2017.
A Brief Look at WBJEE 2017
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam|
|Commonly known as||WBJEE|
|Exam Type||UG Entrance Exam|
|Exam Category||State Level|
|Conducting authority||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)|
|Exam Date||April 23, 2017|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (OMR) mode|
|Application Availability||From January 5, 2017 to February 4, 2017|
|Mode of Application Form||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online & Offline|
|Number of Registration||Over 1.27 lakh|
WBJEE Important Dates 2017
|Availability of information along with proforma for domicile and income certificate||December 28, 2016|
|Commencement of WBJEE 2017 online application form||January 5, 2017|
|Last date to fill application form and registration||February 4, 2017|
|Last Date for uploading documents||February 4, 2017|
|Last date for fee payment||February 4, 2017|
|Last date for printing confirmation page||February 4, 2017|
|Window for correction (based on board’s feedback and self-induced errors) along with uploading of correct certificates by candidates||From February 6, 2017 to February 8, 2017|
|Availability of downloadable admit card||April 10, 2017|
|WBJEE 2017 Paper-I (Mathematics)||April 23, 2017 (11 am – 1 pm)|
|WBJEE 2017 Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)||April 23, 2017 (2 pm – 4 pm)|
|Release of WBJEE 2017 Answer Key||May 18, 2017|
|WBJEE 2017 Result||June 5, 2017|
|Counselling||Third week of June 2017|
WBJEE Result 2017
The result of WBJEE 2017 will tentatively be available on June 5, 2017. Candidates will get to know their scores/marks/ranks through the WBJEE 2017 result. In order to download their result for WBJEE 2017, the test takers have to enter their WBJEE 2017 application number, roll number and date of birth on the official WBJEE website.
How to download/check the WBJEE 2017 Result?
- Enter your WBJEE 2017 roll number/application number and date of birth.
- Provide the security pin (as displayed on screen).
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- WBJEE 2017 result will be available on your system screen.
WBJEE 2017 Admit Card
WBJEE 2017 Admit Card was available for downloading by the exam conducting authority from April 10, 2017. It is available for all candidates who’ve successfully submitted their application form for WBJEE 2017. All applicants have to download their WBJEE admit card 2017 and carry its hard copy along with them to their respective allotted test centre.
WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Candidate should have a domicile of West Bengal. However, the domicile is not required in case one wants to get admission into a private or a self-aided university.
- Candidate’s age should be 17 years as on 31st December 2017 and there is no upper age limit to apply. However, for the specific course of Marine Engineering, they must not be more than 25 years old as on 31st July 2017.
- Candidates who are interested in getting admission at the Jadavpur University, should have passed their 10+2 examination from the state board or from the CBSE and with a minimum of 60% marks in the same examination. However, for the reserved category candidates, the minimum allowed score in their 10+2 examination is 55%.
- Apart from the Jadavpur University, if a candidate wants to get admission at any other institute through WBJEE, he/she should have secured minimum 45% marks. The minimum allowed score for the reserved category students in this case is 40%.
- The candidates must have passed their 10+2 from either from the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, or some equivalent examination from a recognized council/board with Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects, and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/a Technical Vocational Subject (Engineering Drawing/Computer Science) as the other subjects.
WBJEE 2017 Application Form
- The WBJEE 2017 Application Form was available via an online process through the official website of WBJEE.
- It was available from the 5th January, 2017 till 4th February, 2017.
- Correction in uploaded images can be done till 20th February 2017.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned copies of the necessary documents.
- Candidates should keep the printouts of the confirmation page for further use.
- The application fee is Rs. 500 + bank’s service charges.
- The application fee payment can be made through online and offline methods.
- Candidates can pay the application fee via debit/credit card/net banking or through the e-challan of Allahabad Bank.
Documents Required for the Application Form:
- Latest coloured passport size photograph
- Left hand thumb impression
- Registration certificate/ admit card/ mark sheet of 10th class
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate
- Income certificate
WBJEE 2017 Exam Pattern
In all the objective type questions (Multiple Choice Questions, or the MCQs), there are four options against each question, wherein you have to mark the correct answer(s) on the OMR sheet provided to you separately. Go through the table below to understand the test pattern of WBJEE 2017.
WBJEE 2017 Exam Pattern
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||Total MCQ||Total Marks|
|Physics||30 x 1 mark||5 x 2 marks||5 x 2 marks||40||50|
|Chemistry||30 x 1 mark||5 x 2 marks||5 x 2 marks||40||50|
|Mathematics||50 x 1 mark||15 x 2 marks||10 x 2 marks||75||100|
For each of the subjects, there are the following three categories of questions:
- Category 1: Each single answer type question of one mark each, with a negative marking of -0.25. There are 60 such questions in maths, 30 in physics and 30 in chemistry.
- Category 2: Each single answer type question of two marks each, with a negative marking of -0.5. There are 10 such questions in maths, 5 in physics and 5 in chemistry.
- Category 3: Each multiple answer type question carrying two marks each with no negative marking. Here the marks will be awarded for partially correct answers, but no marks will be awarded if even one wrong answer is marked. There are 10 such questions in maths, 5 in physics and 5 in chemistry.
WBJEE 2017 Exam Centres
The WBJEE 2017 is expected to take place across several cities in West Bengal and also in Tripura, Agartala, Assam and Silchar. Although you can give three choices of the exam centres among the available options, it might also happen that the students may not be allocated their first choice centre due to insufficient number of seats at that respective centre. However, they might be allocated their second or third choice of centre depending on the seat availability. Because of the same reason, the candidates are advised to fill up their choices as early as possible.
WBJEE 2017 Reservation of Seats
Certain Admission/ Reservation criteria for WBJEE 2017 are provided here for candidate’s reference:
- About 10% of seats are available for JEE Main 2017 and AIEEE.
- Candidates applying under reservation seats may not be domiciled in West Bengal.
- Candidates applying under the reserved category must fulfill the Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2017.
- Candidates are eligible to apply for reserved seats in all Self-Financed Engineering and Technology colleges in West Bengal.
- Admission will be based on the merit list declared by WBJEE and student’s preferences conducted through an e-counselling process by the state board.
Category-wise guidelines for WBJEE 2017 Reservation
Complete details about the WBJEE 2017 reservation of seats will be uploaded prior to WBJEE counselling. The information regarding important documents and instructions to be followed by candidates for each category is provided below.
To successfully register for admission, candidates must upload their documents at the time of WBJEE registration and form-filling process. Candidates are required to get the signatures from the following officials:
- Deputy Collector of Land Revenue, Kolkata
- Collector of Stamp Revenue, Kolkata
- Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata
- Additional Chief
- Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata
- Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate
- Executive Magistrate
- Sub-divisional Magistrate
- Sub-divisional Officer
- Deputy Collector
- Additional District Magistrate Collector and
- District Magistrate within their respective local jurisdictions – In case the candidate ordinarily resides within such jurisdictions
All the candidates belonging to the OBC-A/OBC-B category are supposed to read the memorandum issued by the Government of West Bengal. The documents attached while filling the WBJEE 2017 application form should be dated before the time of submission. Candidates are not supposed to submit the documents again for admission through counselling process.
Candidates having a minimum of 40% disability with Loco-motor disorder, Visual impairment, Speech & Hearing Impairment are eligible for reservation in this category. Aspirants are subject to a condition that he is capable of carrying out all activities related to theory and practical work as required by engineering courses.
Candidates with any other disabilities or Loco- motor disability will not be considered for admission to reserved seats.
The PWD (person with disabilities) certificates should be issued by the following officials:
- Officer-in-Charge or Medical Head of Primary Health Centres
- Block Primary Health Centers
- State General Hospitals, Rural Hospitals
- Sub-Divisional Hospitals or the District Hospitals run by the State Government or any hospital run by a statutory body or authority.
Reservation under Minority Quota
The minority category candidates are eligible only for WBJEE admission in minority institutes as approved by the Government of West Bengal.
WBJEE 2017 Reservation of seats under Defense Quota in various colleges of West Bengal is tabulated here:
|Name of the Colleges||Engineering Courses||No. of Seats reserved|
|Jadavpur University||As decided by the University Authority||2|
|Jalpaiguri Govt. Engineering College||Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology||1 Each course|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Textile Tech, Serampur||Information Technology||1|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Textile Technology, Berhampur||Computer Science & Engineering||1|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Ceramic Technology, Kolkata||Information Technology||1|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Leather Technology, Kolkata||Leather Technology||1|
|Kalyani Govt. Engineering College, Kalyani||Electrical Engineering||1|
|Puruliya Govt. Engineering College, Puruliya||Computer Science & Engineering Electronics &Communication||1 Each course|
|Coochbehar Govt. Engineering College||Computer Science & Engineering Electronics &Communication||1|
Admission of candidates will be made under the self-financing colleges of the state offering engineering (B.E/B.Tech ) courses in WBJEE 2017. A total of 10% of seats are available under the management quota. The candidates should satisfy the eligibility conditions set by the WBJEE. However, such candidates might not be domiciled in West Bengal.
Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme
Tuition Fee Waiver scheme is available to the meritorious students as well as candidates belonging to the economically backward classes living in West Bengal.
WBJEE 2017 Syllabus
Syllabus for Chemistry
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Solid State
- Liquid State
- Gaseous State
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Ionic and Redox Equilibria
- Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds:
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemistry in Industry
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Aliphatic Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic Acids
- Aliphatic Amines
- Aromatic Compounds
- Application Oriented chemistry
- Introduction to Bio-Molecules
- Principles of Qualitative Analysis
Syllabus for Mathematics
- P., G.P., H.P.
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutation and combination
- Principle of mathematical induction
- Sets, Relations and Mappings
- Statistics and Probability
- Coordinate geometry of three dimensions
- Differential calculus
- Second order derivative.
- Integral calculus
- Application of Calculus
Syllabus for Physics
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Viscosity Thermodynamics
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state Electronics
WBJEE 2017 Answer Key
WBJEE Model answer key 2017 has been released on 19th May 2017. Candidates can check the answer key via the online mode through the website. The answer key bears the answers of the questions asked in the examination. If any candidates are not satisfied with the answer key, they can challenge the answer key till 22nd May 2017 (4:00 PM). However, candidates who wish to file objections on the WBJEE 2017 answer key have to pay Rs. 500 per response. The authority also released the OMR Images & Machine Read Responses for the candidates on 17th May 2017. If candidates are not satisfied with the responses, they can claim for a review before the 22nd May 2017.
Check out the official answer key here.
WBJEE 2017 Cutoff
WBJEE 2017 Cutoff is the closing rank of a particular B.Tech branch or a participating institute at which admissions into that undergraduate engineering programme at the particular institute closes. This means that candidates aspiring for admissions into B.Tech programmes across the participating institutes of WBJEE 2017 need to have at least the cutoff marks or above that in order to be eligible for admissions. WBJEEB announces separate cutoff for different undergraduate engineering programmes and institute-wise closing ranks.
Cut off for WBJEE is expected to be declared in the first week of June 2017, post WBJEE Result is announced. It will be calculated on the basis of the availability of seats, difficulty level of exam, total no. of students appearing in the exam, etc.
The cutoff ranks for WBJEE 2016 are not available; however, candidates can go through the WBJEE cutoff of the previous year below.
WBJEE 2015 Closing Ranks of top 10 engineering branches
|S.No.||Branch||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|1.||Computer Science & Engineering||12||89747|
|2.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||40||89429|
Most preferred colleges for Computer Science & Engineering
|1.||Jadavpur University, Kolkata||195|
|2.||Institute of Engineering and Management||2502|
|3.||Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||2314|
|4.||University of Calcutta, Kolkata||1488|
|5.||Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia||8813|
Most preferred colleges for Electronics and Communication Engineering
|1.||Jadavpur University, Kolkata||329|
|2.||Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||3066|
|3.||University of Calcutta, Kolkata||1850|
|4.||Institute of Engineering and Management||4030|
|5.||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri||6564|
Most preferred colleges for Mechanical Engineering
|1.||Jadavpur University, Kolkata Institute of Engineering and Management||616|
|2.||Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata||5938|
|3.||Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||2783|
|4.||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri||4746|
|5.||Institute of Engineering and Management||3562|
WBJEE 2017 Mock Counselling
The examination authority, West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) has set up WBJEE Mock Counselling 2017 at various facilitation help centres from May 15 to 30. The motive to set WBJEE Mock Counselling is to educate the candidates about how to participate in the online WBJEE Counselling. This benefit can be availed by the students who had taken the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE 2017) and the qualified candidates in JEE Main 2017. The Mock Counselling of WBJEE will teach the candidates about the e-counselling procedure such as online registration, choice filling, locking, etc. The WBJEE help centres will remain open on all working days from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm including holidays. The list of name of the institutions along with their address is provided below. Candidates who are interested in taking admission in WBJEE 2017 participating institutes must visit the help centres to successfully complete the WBJEE Counselling process and get admission in the preferred colleges and courses.
Schedule of WBJEE Mock Counselling 2017
Below are the important dates related to WBJEE mock counselling:
|1.||WBJEE Mock Counselling Start Date||May 15, 2017|
|2.||Closing Date of Mock counselling||May 30, 2017|
|3.||WBJEE Counselling 2017 starts from||June 2017|
List of WBJEE 2017 Mock Counselling Help Centres
Below is the complete list of all the centres of WBJEE mock counselling. The authority, WBJEEB, has organised this WBJEE mock counselling in order to create awareness only among the candidates in regard to e-counselling process. The examination authority is conducting this process based on the previous year’s data, which does not guarantee allotment of seats in the present academic year.
|Name of Centre||District||Address of WBJEE 2017 Mock Counselling help centres||Landmark|
|Falakata Polytechnic||Alipurduar||Falakata, Dist-Jalpaiguri, Pin -735 211, Phone (03563 )260642||Kalimandir, High Road, Birpara, Baganbari,|
|K. G. Engineering Institute Bishnupur||Bankura,||Bishnupur College Rd, Bishnupur, West Bengal
Pin – 722 122, Phone:0 324 4 252030
|University Institute ofTechnology||Burdwan||Golapbag, Bardhaman
Pin – 713104, Phone: 0342 2658777
|Jawaharlal Nehru A venue, Durgapur-Pin – 713 214, Paschim Bardhaman||Near MAM C|
|P. O. South Dhadka, P.S. Asansol, Phone:0341 2270053 North Police Station, Burdwan
Pin -713 302
|North AsansolPolice Station|
|Bolpore College||Birbhum||Bolpore College Road, School Bagan, Bolpur, West Bengal
|Suri, Birbhum, Phone: 0346 2255571||Near ITI More, Tilpara|
|Coochbehar Govt.Engineering College||Coochbehar||Harinchawra, P. O.Ghughumari, Coochbehar
Pin- 736170, Phone: 0358-2233044
|Balurghat B. Ed. College||Dinajpur||Dakshin Dinajpur
SH 10, Mangalpur, Balurghat, West Bengal
Pin -733101, Phone – 03522271515
|Opposite to Bharat
|Birnagar, P. O. Raiganj, Dist. Uttar Denajpur, Pin -733 134,
M V Road, Kurseong,
Darjeeling, West Bengal, 734 203,
New Parking area
|Raja Rammohanpur, P.O.North Bengal University, Dist. Darjeeling
Pin-734 0 13, Phone: 03532776313
|Govt. College of Engg &Textile Technology, Serampore||Hoogly||12, William Carey Road, Serampore, Hooghly
Pin -712 201, Phone:033 26623156
|Besides Serampore College|
|Subhash Nagar, Bengai,
Arambagh, West Bengal Pin -712 611, Phone:03211 246235
|Near Allahabad Bank, Bengai Br|
|Howrah Uluberia College Uluberia,||Howrah||Howrah, West Bengal 711 315, Phone: 033 266 1 03 32||Near Uluberia Court|
|Mahendra Bhattacharjee Road, Dalalpukur P. O. Santragachi, Howrah
Pin-711 104, Pho no: 3326684561
|Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg.College||Jalpaiguri||P. O. Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg.College,
P. S. Kotowali, Jalpaiguri 735 102,
Phone: 03561 255131
|Near Jalpaiguri Govt.Polytechnic College|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Ceramic Tech.||Kolkata||73, A.C. Banerjee Lane,
Phone: 0332370126 3
|Plot 11, Block LB, Sector III. Salt Lake City, Kolkata Pin – 700 098||Chinghreegata, NUJS|
|Jadavpur, 188, Raja S. C. Mallik Road, Kolkata-700032, Phone:033 24146666||Near 8B Bus stand|
|Plot 8, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700 098, Ph: +9 133 – 24146666||Chingrighata Bus Stop|
|Malda Govt. Polytechnic||Malda||P. O. Maliha, Dist. Malda, Pin – 732 102,||Adjacent to Kendriya Vidyalaya|
|Contain Polytechnic||Medinipuri||Darua, P. O -Contai, Dist -Purba Medinipur, Pin -721 401||Contai Sub Divisional Hospital|
|Kshudiram Nagar, Haldia, West Bengal 721631,
|Vidyasagar University Road, Rangamati, Paschim
Medinipur, West Bengal
Pin – 721 102, Phone: 0322276554
|Govt. College of Engg. & Tex. Tech.||Mursidabad||Berhampore 4, Cantonment Road, P.O. &P. S. Berhampore,
Murshidabad, Phone:03 482 250142
|Kalyani Govt. Engg. College||Nadia||P. O. & P. S. Kalyani, NadiaPin -741 235, Phone:0332 5821309||University of Kalyani|
|Haripada Chatterjee Road, District Nadia, Krishnagar,
West Bengal 741 101,
|Purulia Govt. EngineeringCollege||Purulia||Vill: Agharpur P. O. Ramamoti, P. S. Joypur Purulia -72 3 103,
Phone No. 9830656371
|Chas Road railway station|
|Diamond Harbour Fakirchand College||24 -Parganas||Naiya Para, Lalpole, Diamond Harbour, West Bengal – 743 331, Phone: 03174 255230||Near Diamond
Harbour Rly. Stn
|P. O. –Devalaya,
Berachampa, 24 Pgs. (N) –743 424, Phone: (03216) 242227
|NH-35, Prafullanagar, North 24 Parganas, Habra, West Bengal 743 268, Phone: 032 16 237020||Habra Rly.
Gate No. 2
|Tripura Govt. Women’s’ Polytechnic||Tripura||Hapania, P. O. Amtali via Shekerkote, Agartala, Tripura
Pin -799 130, Phone:03812 376814
WBJEE Counselling 2017
WBJEE 2017 Counselling will tentatively be conducted in the third week of June 2017. Qualifying candidates will have to participate in WBJEE 2017 online counselling through e-counselling of WBJEE 2017. The counselling of WBJEE 2017 is expected to have 3 rounds for the admission year 2017-18, like last year. WBJEE 2017 counselling includes the following stages:
- Online Registration & Fee Payment
- Choice Filling & Locking
- Seat Allotment
- Document Verification and Fee Payment at Reporting Centres
Documents required for verification (original along with a set of attested photocopies)
- WBJEE 2017 Admit Card
- Print out of WBJEE 2017/JEE Main 2017 rank from website
- Higher Secondary/Class XII (or equivalent examination) Mark Sheet
- Madhyamik/Class X (or equivalent examination) Admit Card
- WBJEE 2017 Seat Allotment Letter
- Receipt of Online Counselling Registration Fee (E-challan receipt)
- Category Certificate if applicable
- Pwd Certificate if applicable
- Domicile Certificate if applicable
WBJEE 2017 Counselling Fee: Rs. 500 (plus bank charges if applicable)
Note: The counselling fee for WBJEE 2017 is non-refundable.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City,
Toll-Free Number: 1800 345 0050
Phone: (033) 23671198
Asking doubts and clearing them is extremely important while preparing for WBJEE. Toppr brings you a community who has survived the test of time and wants to help out WBJEE aspirants.
- How to reduce calculation mistakes?
- What are some of the best study techniques I can use?
- Cracking WBJEE question papers
- How to study for WBJEE in last 2 months?
Keep visiting Toppr for latest updates & news on WBJEE 2017