WBJEE 2018 result will be declared in the 3rd week of July 2018, read more to know how to download rank card
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination or the WBJEE is a state-government controlled centralized test, conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for admission to many private and governmental medical and engineering institutions in West Bengal. The board was established in 1962 primarily to conduct Common Entrance Examinations for Undergraduate Level Engineering Courses in West Bengal. The test is taken after the 12th grade for admission to graduation courses. The exam can be taken by those who studied Pure Science stream in plus two level with the specific subjects tested in the examination, which are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. There are actually two separate tests for medical (also called WBJEE Medical) and engineering (also called WBJEE), the difference being that the medical test has the Biology paper while the engineering test has the Mathematics paper. WBJEE 2018 result is out, so read more to know how to download rank card.
The Common Entrance Examination are conducted for admissions to professional undergraduate and post graduate level courses offered in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Medical, Dental and Architecture in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal. Candidates are offered the opportunity to seek admissions to various UG and PG level courses in West Bengal by submitting WBJEE application forms and completing the admissions through e–Counselling.
WBJEE 2018 result & Rank Cards Declared
WBJEE 2018 result 2018 will be declared tentatively on 5th June, 2018 at 2:00 PM. WBJEE 2018 was conducted on 22nd April 2018 for both Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry). It is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board to grant admissions to various Government and Private medical and engineering colleges across West Bengal. Candidates can view their scores & download their rank cards through the WBJEE 2018 result 2018 procedure. In this article, we’re providing important information about the WBJEE 2018 result, cut off marks, seat matrix & Eligibility Criteria for 2018.
Let’s first take a look at the eligibility criteria to appear for WBJEE 2018.
Citizenship– Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Age requirement– As per WBJEE eligibility criteria, the age requirement for candidates for regular B.E./B.Tech course and for marine engineering course differs.
WBJEE eligibility criteria 2018 – Age requirement
|B.Tech/ B.E||Candidates’ age must be 17 years as on December 31, 2017. There is no upper age limit. Candidates born on or after January 1, 2001, are not eligible to appear in WBJEE 201.|
|Marine engineering||Candidates’ whose age falls within 17 years to 25 years as on December 31, 2016.|
Academic qualification – WBJEE eligibility criteria in terms of academic qualification is given below:
- Candidates must have passed class 12 examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must have obtained least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the three subjects taken together.
- Applicants must pass English in their Class XII examination with at least 30% marks
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in 2018 may appear in the WBJEE. However, they have to pass the qualifying examination with the required minimum standard of eligibility criteria as stated above for being eligible for the counselling and seat allotment process.
WBJEE 2018 result
As mentioned earlier, WBJEE 2018 result will be declared on 5th June 2018. Here’s all you need to know about the WBJEE 2018 result.
Important points of WBJEE 2018 Results
- The candidates have to log in using their credentials vis-a-vis Application Number, password & security pin (or Captcha) and download and take printouts of their WBJEE 2018 result for future reference.
- The results have been published in the form of rank cards, which will contain all relevant ranks, total score and component score in Paper 1 & Paper 2.
- Please note that duplicate rank cards cannot be generated at any later stage after a specified date. Hence, you’re advised to retain your rank cards carefully in undamaged condition for all future purposes.
- Ranks have been awarded to all candidates who appear for WBJEE 2018. Both GMR and PMR will be awarded to those who appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Only PMR will be awarded to those, who appear for Paper 2 alone.
- Everyone who appears for WBJEE 2018 and has a rank may not be eligible for e-counselling. A cut off rank and/or a cut off score will be decided by the authorities for the same. It was announced at the time of publication of the result.
WBJEE 2018 result Cut Off
The WBJEE 2018 cut off marks are the minimum marks that you need to secure to qualify the WBJEE 2018 examination. The cut off marks have been declared by the WBJEE Board along with the WBJEE 2018 result on 5th June. The cut off marks depend on various factors like the total number of applicants, the number of seats available, difficulty level of the examination, etc. A merit list of candidates in the form of General Merit Rank (GMR) has been prepared on the basis of the cut off marks. Nearly 104 member institutes will allocate seats in around 35 B. Tech courses. Each participating institute will release branch wise opening and closing cut off marks. WBJEE Board will also release cut off score for JEE-Main candidates as 10% of seats in all self-financed engineering in the state are filled as per their merit in JEE-Main 2018. Since WBJEE 2018 cut off is not currently available, you can check the previous year’s cut-off marks for the top ten Engineering Colleges of WBJEE as given below.
WBJEE 2016 Cut Off for top 10 Engineering Colleges (General Category)
|College Name||General Category|
|Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Bengal Engineering & Technology||832||43037|
|Institute of Engineering & Management||21||3596|
|Kalyani Govt. Engineering College||370||2528|
|Heritage Institute of Technology||574||11495|
|Haldia Institute of Technology||481||31721|
|Jalpaiguri Govt. Engineering College||669||4106|
|RCC Institute of Engineering & Technology||2166||101554|
|Netaji Subhash Engineering College||2082||11987|
WBJEE Counselling & seat matrix
WBJEE Counselling is expected to begin from the third week of June 2018. The preliminary Seat matrix was out on the official website of WBJEE on 18th May 2018 for feedback from the institutes & was removed. According to a recent notice, the final seat matrix has been received from the Director of Technical Education, Govt. of West Bengal & will be published shortly on the WBJEE website. Seat Matrix contains information on the courses offered & no. of seats available in courses in different institutions. Based on seat matrix, the final college allotment takes place through the counselling procedure.
|WBJEE Event||Date of Event|
|WBJEE Paper I (Mathematics)||April 22, 2018 forenoon (11:00 am to 1:00 pm)|
|WBJEE Paper II (Physics & Chemistry)||April 22, 2018 afternoon (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm)|
|WBJEE 2018 Answer Key released on||May 18, 2018|
|WBJEE 2018 result & Rank Cards Released||June 5, 2018 (2 PM)|
|Counselling||Third week of June 2018|
WBJEE 2018 Answer Key
WBJEE preliminary Answer key will be declared on 18th May, 2018. There was a standard procedure to challenge the preliminary key. After releasing the answer keys, a link was provided by the authorities to challenge the official answer key of WBJEE 2018. Here are a few points pertaining to WBJEE 2018 answer key challenge
- Initially, a model answer key for WBJEE 2018 was released.
- The candidate needed to pay an amount of Rs. 500 per challenge (non-refundable). The payment can be done through Net Banking/Credit Card/ Debit Card/E-Challan.
- The answer keys could be challenged after the OMR images and machine read responses are uploaded two or three weeks after the examination.
- If the authorities accept any challenge, they will publish a final answer key of WBJEE 2018.
- Any decision taken by WBJEE regarding a challenge will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
- The WBJEE 2018 result will be declared after considering feedback on the answer keys.
What after WBJEE 2018 Results?
- WBJEE Admit Card
- Print out of WBJEE / JEE Main rank from website
- Higher Secondary/Class XII (or equivalent examination) Mark Sheet
- Madhyamik/ Class X (or equivalent examination) Admit Card
- WBJEE Seat Allotment Letter
- Receipt of Online Counseling Registration Fee (E-challan receipt)
- Category Certificate if applicable
- Pwd Certificate if applicable
- Domicile Certificate if applicable .
Selection Procedure: –
- You are selected based on your performance in the entrance exam.
- After qualifying in the exam you should register in online counselling sessions by paying the counselling fee through e-challan at Allahabad bank.
- You should visit the official website of wbjee to register online.
- Two type of Students are eligible for counselling
Type 1: Through WBJEE
Type 2: Through JEE(Main)
WBJEE Counselling is expected to begin from the last week of June, and is expected to continue for one month. To participate in WBJEE counselling, qualified Students have to register themselves online. After applying online, you have to pay the counseling fees online and after remitting the fee, you can proceed to fill your choices for your branch and institute preference.
We present to you the entire WBJEE counselling procedure, the required documents and the tentative dates for your convenience. Read on!
- There may be three rounds in WBJEE Counselling
- Students online registration will be valid for the three rounds of WBJEE Counselling only
- WBJEE Board may conduct a fourth round for WBJEE 2016 Counselling in case if there are vacant seats left in the colleges. Students may have to register afresh for new rounds of counselling as per the guidelines of Board.
WBJEE 2018 Seat Acceptance Fee
All candidates who have been allotted a seat are required to pay the Seat Acceptance Fee using e- Challan of Allahabad Bank or Debit/Credit Card as per the following and then download the Provisional Seat Allotment letter. The category wise seat acceptance fee is given below:
|S.No.||Allotted Quota||Seat Acceptance Fee|
|1.||TFW||Rs 4, 000|
|2.||State Aided/ Govt Institutes||Rs 5, 000|
|3.||Self financing Universities/ Institutes||Rs 20,000|
WBJEE 2018 Counselling- Round 1
Candidates who were allotted a seat had to report to Reporting Centres for document verification, initial fee payment, collection of allotment cards, etc. Candidates had to take provisional admission at the Rcs from June 24 to July 01, 2018, failing which their seat allotment shall stand cancelled. Candidates participating in the first round of counselling will not be considered for further online rounds of seat allotment.
WBJEE 2018 Counselling- Round 2
Candidates must note that there were no fresh registration and choice filling in 2nd round of counselling. Choices of main counselling were considered in this round of allotment. The candidates must report to the RCs, pay fees etc. between July 05 to 07. The criteria for eligibility and non-eligibility for WBJEE counselling round 2 is as given below:
|Eligible for Round 2 Counselling||Non- Eligible for Round 2 Counselling|
|Group–I: Registered candidates who did not get any seat allotment in the 1st round.||Not reported at RC after seat allotment in 1st round|
|Group-II: Registered candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round of counselling and reported at the reporting centre but their allotted seat has been cancelled due to non-fulfillment of eligibility criteria.||Reported & Withdrawn from RC.|
|Group–III: Registered candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round of counselling and reported at the reporting centre and completed admission formalities and also submitted willingness “Yes” for up-gradation in the subsequent rounds of counselling.||Became non-eligible due to non-conformity of documents.|
|Group–IV: Candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round of counselling and reported at the reporting centre and completed admission formalities and submitted willingness “NO” for up-gradation. Their old allotted seat will be retained in the same category or in the upgraded category.|
Business Rule for WBJEE 2018 Seat Allotment
Group-I & II: All the choices will be processed. They have to report in person to the RCs for provisional admission within the given period of time.
Group-III: Only the higher preferred choices will be processed. Those candidates need not report at the reporting centre for document verification unless they desire a change in their willingness from“Yes-Upgradation” to “No-Upgradation”.
Group-IV: only the previous allotted choices will be processed for category upgradation. Such candidates are not required to report at the reporting centre.
WBJEE 2018 Counselling- Round 3
The 3rd round of WBJEE seat allotment result declared on July 12. Candidates have to report to any reporting centres to complete admission formalities between July 13 and 14, 2018. The eligibility criteria and Business rule for WBJEE counselling 2018 round 3 are similar to that of round 2.
After each round of counselling, candidates who have been allotted seats have to finally report to allotted Institute as per schedule to complete the online admission process.
How to Check WBJEE Result 2018?
- Visit the Official website of West Bengal JEE – “www.wbjeeb.nic.in”
- Search for the link “WBJEE 2018 Result” and click on the link.
- Enter your Hall Ticket Number, Date of Birth, and if any other details.
- Click on “GET Result” button.
- Finally, you will get your Result on the screen.
- Check the score card and take a print out for future use.
The candidates who will score more than WBJEE 2018 Cutoff marks will only be considered qualified to crack the admission for further studies.
Details present on Score Card
Result of WBJEE 2018 will indicate the scores and ranks of candidates. Seat allotment during counselling will be on the basis of WBJEE 2018 merit list which will depend upon candidates scores and ranks in WBJEE 2018.
Candidates need to login with the unique id and password that they received during registration to check the result. WBJEE 2018 Score Card will display the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Date of Birth
- Candidates Roll no.
- Marks obtained in each subject
- Total aggregate marks
- Qualifying Status
- Candidate’s Photo
Normalization of Scores
B= Normalized Board Score
B1 = Percentile Score based on Candidate’s qualifying examination/WBJEE aggregate marks corresponding to percentile at the All-India level
B2 = Percentile of WBJEE Marks/ WBJEE aggregate marks corresponding to percentile among the set of aggregate scores obtained in WBJEE by the students of that board.Where,X1 = No. of students who have less marks than the candidate in his/ her QE/School Board and also appeared for WBJEEX2 = No. of students who have secured less marks in WBJEE than the candidate and also appeared for the same QE/School Board ExamsY = Total No. of WBJEE entrants from the respective Board. For the sake of clarity, we are assuming Y to be 100.Significance of B1 and B2 =
- If a candidate has scored 70% marks in his Qualifying board examination and there are 90 candidates who are below him/ her. Then, his Board Percentile (B1) = 90×100/ 100= 90.
- If a candidate has scored (A) =150 out of 360 in WBJEE and there are 70 students from his/her Board who scored less than him/ her. Then, B2 = 70×100/ 100=70
Normalized Board Score (B) = 0.5 x (B1+B2) = 0.5 x (90 +70) = 0.5 x (160) = 80
=0.6 x 150+0.4 x 80
=9 0+32= 122
Hence, WBJEEComposite Score of the candidates for the preparation of the rank/ merit list is = 122
Reservation of Seats
Reservation of Seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD (earlier Physically Handicapped) Category of Students
|Sr.No||Nature of Institutions||Applicability of Reservation Rules|
|1||State University/University Departments||Reservation Rules of concerned University|
|2||Government Engineering/ Technology / Pharmacy Colleges||Reservation Rules of the State Government|
|3||Private & Self Financing Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy Colleges||As per the decision of the concerned Institution|
|4||Private & self Financing Universities||As per the concerned University Act/Rules|
However, availability of such reserve category seats shall be restricted to students domiciled in West Bengal only.
You may also benefit by learning all about the WBJEE medical seats. For more such informative articles follow us on Toppr.com